The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

I doubt I'll have the shelf space for NISA's Usagi Drop, but I do love the show and it is on blu-ray. Will get, unless Kazé UK can make a surprise announcement about their release that makes it more desirable.

Reevothemusefan said:
Saw this on MangaUK's twitter on the new Lupin III series, they would license Lupin if it had a dub.

Since Funimation have the license and will most likely be dubbed, then this could be something to look forward to in the future.

https://twitter.com/#!/MangaUK/status/1 ... 7156728832
I'll put it on my calender to buy in 2016 once FUNimation have dubbed and released the rest of their backlog and the standard time gap between US and UK has past.

Rui said:
My Australian copy has already shipped ;_;

I'll buy it again if I really love it, otherwise this will be one of the few NISA releases I skip. Guess it will be bumped up the viewing list once it arrives.

R

I only recently got the Australian dvd set as well. If I had known I would have waited.

Joshawott said:
NIS America has Usagi Drop.

Due out on 7th August on BD/DVD release (with artbook)

futurama-shutup-and-take-my-money.jpg

Joshawott said:
ilmaestro said:
Why are NISA so much more hype than companies that have been in the business for so long?
The fancy releases.
No, I'm not asking "Why are NISA so much more hype...", I'm asking "Why are NISA so much more hype...". The physically evidence of their hype is obvious, how and why it came to be them and in this manner (ie. and no-one else) is what I would like to know.

ilmaestro said:
Joshawott said:
ilmaestro said:
Why are NISA so much more hype than companies that have been in the business for so long?
The fancy releases.
No, I'm not asking "Why are NISA so much more hype...", I'm asking "Why are NISA so much more hype...". The physically evidence of their hype is obvious, how and why it came to be them and in this manner (ie. and no-one else) is what I would like to know.

Especially given how many times I've read a story about NISA having to do a disc replacement programme. That's the sort of thing that puts me off pre-ordering at all from them...

In further news...

Beez Tweeted that they'll have something to Tweet this week.

Kaze Tweeted an oblique Manga style hint about Code Geass Blu-rays

Rui said:
My Australian copy has already shipped ;_;

I'll buy it again if I really love it, otherwise this will be one of the few NISA releases I skip. Guess it will be bumped up the viewing list once it arrives.

R

I really loved it, and I'm glad NISA are releasing it as I really like their sets. One of the few animes (along with Nana and Haibane Renemi) that the girl loved too (possibly more than I did). It made me want to go out and steal a child for myself.

I'd probably buy a Kaze release too just to support it in the UK if it happened, but I;ve yet to see if Kaze can make a nice set.

Eureka Seven AO HAS to come to the UK, right?

And hey - now that Beez are dead in the water, maybe somebody could get on releasing the first series WITHOUT thos ecraptastic technical gaffes?

[/Wishful thinking]

K-ON! Movie DVD/BD details.

So here's the extras for the limited edition version (as in, only on the LE):
Bundled Extras

Miniature replica of storyboards
Miniature replica of theatrical pamphlet
Mini production design collection
4 "Tenshi ni Fureta yo!" chord sheets
5-card bromide set
5 miniature replicas of pre-sale tickets
Exclusive three-sided box
Japanese subtitles
Full illustration on disc front
Video Extras (on BD or DVD)

Director Naoko Yamada in London (Scenario location-scouting video)
In-studio report of Minami Tanaka's dialogue recording: complete edition with unaired footage added
Behind-the-scenes video of 11/27 "Ho-kago Tea Time in Universal Studios Japan" event
11/27 Ho-kago Tea Time in TBS press conference video
K-ON! film introduction program "1, 2, 3 wa K-ON!"
K-ON! Music Hall
12/3 opening-day stage greeting
Credit-less opening/ending footage
Manner film
Teaser/trailer/TV commercial collection
Audio Extras

Cast audio commentaries
Staff audio commentaries
Producer audio commentaries

Here's the price of the LE:
BD: 9,240 yen (about US$116)
DVD: 7,560 yen (US$95)

The regular DVD costs around $50, while the regular BD is $96. Needless to say...I'll think I'll wait to see if Sentai nabs it xD

Just so pleased it's not taken too long to come out! I wonder if anime movies will ever move to the 4-6 month delay between cinema and home video that is standard with Western movies.

Back