The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Nah. Madoka as a franchise is at that level where it is precedented to have your own magazine at that sort of frequency. Will be interesting to see how long it runs bi-monthly for though, rather than becoming quarterly/intermittent.

If there's either the K-ON! movie, Tiger & Bunny movie 1 or Evangelion 3.0, I'll have to bug someone to come down with me (Don't really like the idea of going all the way up to Scotland on my lonesome). Not much else I'd want to see.

Once again no-one wins the Kyoto Animation Awards grand prize...or any prize for that matter

Either Kyoto Animation have ridiculously high standards or the quality of submitted work really was below par. Not even an honourable mention for anything? Then of course it could just be Kyotoani being stingy. The first time they did it I'd have thought they were trolling but now that it's been three years in a row... I do think they really want to award something but are waiting for the right work to be submitted.

What I'm really trying to say here is that Kadokawa should get a move on and hire them to do more Full Metal Panic already :p

Hakuouki, cool!

Ath said:
Once again no-one wins the Kyoto Animation Awards grand prize...or any prize for that matter

Either Kyoto Animation have ridiculously high standards or the quality of submitted work really was below par. Not even an honourable mention for anything? Then of course it could just be Kyotoani being stingy. The first time they did it I'd have thought they were trolling but now that it's been three years in a row... I do think they really want to award something but are waiting for the right work to be submitted.
They're potentially giving out enough money that I can see why they would want to be selective and have the award mean something. If it didn't carry any financial prize then not selecting anything would be a bit sillier.

My Australian copy has already shipped ;_;

I'll buy it again if I really love it, otherwise this will be one of the few NISA releases I skip. Guess it will be bumped up the viewing list once it arrives.

R

Rui said:
My Australian copy has already shipped ;_;

I'll buy it again if I really love it, otherwise this will be one of the few NISA releases I skip. Guess it will be bumped up the viewing list once it arrives.

R

I'll probably still go for the Region 4. I'm running low on shelf space! I just need to work through my back log a tad before I consider placing an order for something new.

I've been thinking of buying Siren's release of Usagi Drop, but now I'll probably wait for NISA's. I find their boxes somewhat unwieldy but at least they offer something more for the collector than bog-standard discs in a keepcase. Also, Blu-ray.

Back