The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

A whole ton of anime poped up on Netflix;
Of note is Redline, Rental Magica, So Ra No Wo To and Victoran Romance Emma.

Of note is the fact that Manga's Logo plays before Emma and Magica.

ConanThe3rd said:

I might have to get Netflix now...

Hmm, I'm not interested in those but aren't a couple sub-only? I thought Manga was having trouble getting subbed stuff up on the service last time we discussed it.

R

I thought Kazé already picked up the distribution rights for Bunny Drop...or was I mistaken?

Either way, I *highly* doubt it's getting a dub now, so I'll be saving for the US release.

I'd take a NISA art-book and hardboard slipcase over a dub anyway. I imagine it will geta French/Italian dub or something so one part of Kaze might have it?

Lawrence said:
"Director Naoko Yamada in London (Scenario location-scouting video)"

I'd certainly be interested to see this, mostly because of how my perception of the Japanese has been radically altered by Will Ferguson during his travels of Japan. I do wonder how they would take to London and whether they are aware there is more to Britain than London.
I've seen a lot of Rokehan stuff on Haruhi DVDs and the like, it would be nice to see one in the UK.

Rui said:
Hmm, I'm not interested in those but aren't a couple sub-only? I thought Manga was having trouble getting subbed stuff up on the service last time we discussed it.

R
"Aw, who knows what those damn Jovians are doing any ways?"

ConanThe3rd said:

Cool! The US selection was so far ahead of the UK one it was silly, and was mainly driven by Funimation, good to see Manga trying to get something going.

Isn't it Starz though that controls what goes up, not Manga though when it comes to Netflix.

Also with all this coming on Netflix, I would say the chances of Manga content going on AoD has probably lowered.

I would prefer it went on both platforms, so people who use Netflix (not me) can enjoy the titles while people who subscribe to AoD can also take a peek if they want :(

While I'm sure you're right and that MangaUK themselves probably did little to put the Nozomi titles up on Netflix, it's a bit embarrassing to watch them insisting the service doesn't allow them to post subtitled shows when their own parent company is uploading some with Manga's logo attached at the same time.

R

Rui said:
I would prefer it went on both platforms, so people who use Netflix (not me) can enjoy the titles while people who subscribe to AoD can also take a peek if they want :(

While I'm sure you're right and that MangaUK themselves probably did little to put the Nozomi titles up on Netflix, it's a bit embarrassing to watch them insisting the service doesn't allow them to post subtitled shows when their own parent company is uploading some with Manga's logo attached at the same time.

R
Given Manga UK's want to **** around, I wouldn't be surprised if Stars just went "You know what? Sod it, we're going over their heads"

animefreak17 said:
unless manga or what ever put on a series thats not on dvd yet on netflix
i won't even start
Emma and Rental are both Netflix Exclusive in the UK.

I wonder if the Netflix thing is going to be a case of, we'll start putting subs on there to see how popular they are and consider a future DVD release rather than either putting them off altogether or releasing them on DVD only for them to do poorly.

Back