The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

The BBFC's web site is occasionally a good place to pick up some early information about prospective new releases before they've been officially announced otherwise, and eagle-eyed forum member Tora-kun seems to have succeeded in doing just this, tipping us off to a recent appearance in the BBFC's rating system.

The new appearance in question is Planzet, which the entry suggests has been licensed by Kaze UK, meaning that it's likely to be distributed via Manga Entertainment if a release is indeed forthcoming.

Produced by Media Factory and CoMix Wave, and licensed by Sentai Filmworks in North America, Planzet is a CG sci-fi movie released in 2010 in Japan. The film tells the story of an Earth in ruins following an alien attack, and a final, desperate attempt to retake the planet several years later by the planet's survivors. Will they succeed? Well, you'll have to watch this action-packed movie to find out, won't you?

Naturally, there are no further release details or dates at present, although the film is being released on both DVD and Blu-Ray in France by Kaze next week, in a package which also includes Negadon: Monster From Mars (another CG, sci-fi outing that is not currently listed on the BBFC web site).

http://www.uk-anime.net/newsitem/Kaze_U ... nzet?.html

The further integration of UK industry via Kaze is very promising to see!

As is the news about Hourou Musuko, although it is not really a show I would double dip for.

Thought this may interest some, though wasn't worth a full news post. Gundam Unicorn has been extended to 7 episodes instead of 6, but no release date set for it. All we know is that episode 6 is going to take a full year for us to get, not being released until Spring 2013 =/ here's the picture of the announcement for episode 7

323abd98.jpg

Arbalest said:
All we know is that episode 6 is going to take a full year for us to get, not being released until Spring 2013 =/ here's the picture of the announcement for episode 7

Ah, but are WE getting it? As in, a UK / European / Western release in any shape or form?

Standing on my soapbox here, because I think that Bandai's handling of Unicorn has been shameful from the get-go.

HdE said:
Arbalest said:
All we know is that episode 6 is going to take a full year for us to get, not being released until Spring 2013 =/ here's the picture of the announcement for episode 7

Ah, but are WE getting it? As in, a UK / European / Western release in any shape or form?

Standing on my soapbox here, because I think that Bandai's handling of Unicorn has been shameful from the get-go.

I don't think we are getting a release here =/ However, if memory serves, they DVD/BDs come with English subs....someone confirm that for me if perchance possible.

Arbalest said:
However, if memory serves, they DVD/BDs come with English subs....someone confirm that for me if perchance possible.

Yep, all volumes of Gundam Unicorn contain English audio and subtitles. They're also all available on Amazon UK, albeit at inflated Japanese prices.

Hanners said:
Yep, all volumes of Gundam Unicorn contain English audio and subtitles. They're also all available on Amazon UK, albeit at inflated Japanese prices.

Then it's a pass from me. And I have a single volume of Unicorn that I'll be getting shot of.

Congratulations, Bandai! You just priced me out of the market.

Joshawott said:
Princess Jellyfish due out on 3rd September
Also, it will be available in a strictly limited 3-disc edition with a Jellyfish plushie.

Guess that answers my question on Limited Editions. No mention on whether there is only the the limited Collector's Edition or if there's a regular as well.

I was looking at the american release of this, glad I decided not to buy it. I'll definitely be getting this as it looks like something I might like. Though to be honest I really want to support manga doing limited editions.

Very interesting, though in this case I have the American combo pack already ;_;

However, it might make a fun present for some people I know.

R

Just heard back from them on Twitter; it's only available as a Collector's Edition right now.

I haven't heard much of the show or know if it will be my kind of thing, but if the price range is good I might give it a go just to support a limited edition.

Back