The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Dannielle said:
Thanks for posting that! Interesting ..

The one that sticks in my mind though: "- D.Gray-man (second half): Lance noted as still working on it...a little difficult " ...words cannot express how much i want this.

Does 'hitting our projection' mean 'Performing Well'?

Also, i was doing some browsing and it seems the next SG films to be released on BD over here are My Neighbor Totoro & Grave Of The Fireflies, if we keep to the Japan releases.

Hitting projection is usually performing well, yes, or rather, as well as they expected it to. Though of course "exceeding projections" would be better.

Just Passing Through said:
Funimation were at the ANNCast

And someone has summarised the juicy stuff on Mania...

Some key points that I jotted down:
- A "5 year" [old] license to announced; noted as "pretty sweet"
- Fate/stay night, Karin, Nanoha re-releases: "Not From Us"
- Index/Railgun: dubbed process; one season dubbed; working on second one; working on cool extras (almost said Blu-ray extras); no release date

Quite interesting to see what the license is. And yay Karin and Nanoha re-releases, now I can complete my half filled artbox of Karin and finally get to own Nanoha :D And I'm looking forward to when Index/Railgun comes out.

- Black Butler & Heaven's Lost Property "hitting our projection"
- Black Lagoon / Shana dub: "been in contact with Ocean" (stay tuned)
- D.Gray-man (second half): Lance noted as still working on it...a little difficult
- Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z orange sets still performs
- Dragon Boxes (more of them): Lance is working on it; issues of getting to retail; want them to be out
- DBZ BDs: Not right time; shelf now, do it later; it's still a project they still want to complete; kept going back on how the orange bricks still sells
- Fairy Tail: surprised them; noted as "keeps performing"
- Funico: they should be the ones talking about the project; still have a good working relationship; can't comment on other's business model
- Index/Railgun: dubbed process; one season dubbed; working on second one; working on cool extras (almost said Blu-ray extras); no release date
- Geneon (Black Lagoon, Hellsing, Tenchi): soon
- Kadokawa BD situation: we eventually want to release on BD; same region issue; it's a matter of timing and approval; extras issues; working on price; ultimately they wanted more decision on
- Kaze no Stigma: a top 20 performer
- Last Exile BD - "stay tuned," "come from Gonzo," they want to release it
- LASTEXILE -Fam, The Silver Wing-: FUNi dub; in process to dub, will try go getter previous actors in
- Lupin III: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine dub - Lance noted "duh." Would like to dub it
- Mushi-Shi BD - "probably no"
- One Piece S4 on BD - rights issue, not in Japan
- One Piece movies - working on it
- Other good performers include Cat Planet Cuties, Evangelion movies, FLCL, Hetalia, Rosario + Vampire, Samurai Champloo, Sekirei, Spice & Wolf, Summer Wars
- Tatami Galaxy BD LE - a laughing reponse which pretty much equates to a no
- The Future Diary (DVD / BD): stay tuned for more details...yes (?)
- Toriko - would like to have home video rights
- Yu Yu Hakusho DVD ('09) - top 25 performer
- Yu Yu Hakusho movie (2nd one): would like to license it, no news

One thing that excited me is the success that Fairy Tail is having, making subsequent seasons being licensed more likely.

well thats good news

Rena Ryuugu said:

Quite interesting to see what the license is. And yay Karin and Nanoha re-releases, now I can complete my half filled artbox of Karin and finally get to own Nanoha :D And I'm looking forward to when Index/Railgun comes out.

Does not from us mean someone else is releasing them for sure, or just that they are available for someone to release but funimation isn't interested?

-edit- I hope it's the former becuase i've been waiting on some of those to be re-released

Rosencrantz said:
Rena Ryuugu said:

Does not from us mean someone else is releasing them for sure, or just that they are available for someone to release but funimation isn't interested?

-edit- I hope it's the former becuase i've been waiting on some of those to be re-released
Sentai grabbed many older Geneon properties, wouldn't think it unlikely

They've Probably been around for a bit, but here's some stuff that has been added to Netflix quite Recently.

Shigurui: Death Frenzy
Eden of the East: The King of Eden (Movie)
Hetalia: Axis Powers (52 Episodes)

Holy Arceus, what was that...some kind of progress on the Shana properties?

Interesting to know that they mentioned the second half of D.Gray-man though...could that be why they've recently rereleased it in S.A.V.E. edition?

Nice to see Index and Railgun are moving along swimmingly. I definitely look forward to owning them.

EDIT: Not sure if this has been posted, but:
MangaUK still plan to release Steins;Gate. However, they are waiting for FUNimation's English dub before acquiring.

So knowing FUNimation...I'll tell my grandchildren to pre-order a copy.

Joshawott said:
EDIT: Not sure if this has been posted, but:
MangaUK still plan to release Steins;Gate. However, they are waiting for FUNimation's English dub before acquiring.

So knowing FUNimation...I'll tell my grandchildren to pre-order a copy.

Great news......

........or it would be if it wasn't for the fact it might be "Manga" picking this one up and not my preferred option of Kaze. That'll be a delayed DVD "Only" version that will probably see a UK release a few years after the US version not withstanding the fact it depends on how long it will take Funimation to actually release it!

In the ANN Cast, they joked about a Shakugan no Shana endorsed Kindle Fire. Shame it was laughed off, because I would fecking throw my money at that thing if they seriously considered it.

EDIT:
American Toonami to get Casshern Sins and Deadman Wonderland.

Also, FUNimation are urging people to bug Adult Swim about getting Panty & Stocking on TV.

EDIT 2:
Another Tiger & Bunny cast announcement:
Antonio Lopez (aka Rock Bison): Travis Willingham (Fullmetal Alchemist's Roy Mustang)

Next announcement on Wednesday. That means the cast so far is:
Sky High (Keith Goodman) = Patrick Seitz
Rock Bison (Antonio Lopez) = Travis Willingham
Albert Maverick = Jamieson K. Price
Kriem = Stephanie Sheh
Jake Martinez = Steven Jay Blum

EDIT 3:
Deadman Wonderland cast announcements:
Ganta = Greg Ayres
Makina = Colleen Clinkenbeard
Tamaki = Eric Vale
Shiro = Monica Rial
Mimi = Lindsay Seidel
Yamakatsu = Micah Solusod
Kasuga = Mary Morgan
You = Aaron Dismuke

Source.

On 8th June, the final episode of Puella Magi Madoka Magica will be live-streamed on Nico Nico Live for America, United Kingdom, Japan, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. Like with previous live streams, it will be English dubbed with Japanese subtitles.

The stream will begin at 11pm EDT (Which is 4 hours behind GMT; so I assume it will be shown here at 3am on the 9th?).

Source.

It appears that Right Stuf are expanding their manga publishing venture with Tokyopop. Following their announcement that they will publish Hetalia Vol. 3 in June, they've now said they plan to publish the OEL manga Bizenghast Vol. 8.

Source

All this online region locking business... I don't tend to partake in a lot of streaming myself, but can people not just use proxies to get around it?

Who wants more Tiger & Bunny cast announcements?!

Dragon Kid (Pao-Lin Huang) = Laura Bailey (Soul Eater's Maka, K-ON!'s Nodoka, Fullmetal Alchemist's Lust).
Blue Rose (Karina Lyle) = Kari Wahlgren (Durarara's Celty, Lucky Star's Kagami).
Fire Emblem (Nathan Seymour) = John Eric Bentley (Can't dig up any anime roles; seems to be an extra for a fair few TV shows and games)

Dragon Kid's VA is the wife of Rock Bison's....creepy.

^ Yeah. They had to do that didn't they? Seems like Viz are really going out of their way to make this one good - I just hope they don't muck up with Kotetsu and Barnaby's voices.

Laura Bailey as Dragon Kid has made me a very happy bunny.

Just noticed that the RRP for Bleach: Fade to Black has just gone up to £27:99. A tad excessive for a bare bones disc, especially as the first two films are RRPing at £24.99.

I wonder if this is because the third film had to be authored anew for the UK to include the subtitle track, while the first two films are the European discs.

Back