The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Aquarion officially gets a 3rd season - Aquarion Logos. Set to air this Summer in July.

Miss Monochrome will also get another season (Season 2). Set to air this Summer in July under the 'Ultra Super Anime Time' block.

Studio Trigger will be making an short anime. Set to appear in the 'Ultra Super Anime Time' block also.

Classroom☆Crisis was announced and is handled by Aniplex and Hiro Kanzaki (Original Character design 'EUREKA SEVEN AO' & 'Oreimo'). Visual has also been shown and no dates confirmed yet.

Here's hoping Arslan also makes it to home video!

I'm very finnicky about fantasy stuff, but I remember being riveted by the old OVA series back in the day. I'm very curious to see what the latest incarnation of it is like.

HdE said:
Here's hoping Arslan also makes it to home video!

I'm very finnicky about fantasy stuff, but I remember being riveted by the old OVA series back in the day. I'm very curious to see what the latest incarnation of it is like.

I still haven't got round to the original series, looking forward to it though and this one too. Like you I'm hoping for home video release or Netflix with a dub. I don't have Netflix yet but I'm getting tempted. A couple more series and I might subscribe.

The hype for Madhouse just gets even better. They're also handling the animation production for Overlord.

Here's the visual:
Overlord_tv_anime_visual.jpg

For those who don't know; Overlord started off as a light novel series which then received manga adaptations and drama CDs.

Here's the plot synposis:
The story begins with Yggdrasil, a popular online game which is quietly shut down one day; however, the protagonist Momonga decides to not log out. Momonga is then transformed into the image of a skeleton as “the most powerful wizard.” The world continues to change, with non-player characters (NPCs) begining to feel emotion. Having no parents, friends, or place in society, this ordinary young man Momonga then strives to take over the new world the game has become.

The light novel covers looks really cool and I am looking forward to this adaptation.
Overlord_Light_Novel_Volume_6_Haruhichan_com.jpg
Overlord_Light_Novel_Volume_7_Haruhichan_com.jpg
Overlord_Light_Novel_Volume_8_Haruhichan_com.jpg

New preview for the summer season's Gangsta:

Really hope it doesn't suck, it looks like something I would enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Professor Irony said:

This, along with the moe slice of life horror zombie show are the ones I'm most excited for.

-Danielle- said:
That's good. I've yet to see the series mind. Waiting for the dub to be released :)
Only the second series will have a dubbed as its being released by Funi while the first is being released by Discotek and will be sub only.

Missed this when it went up - new trailer for this summer's upcoming GitS film:

No details on story as yet, but judging by the visuals, I think we can safely assume it'll follow on from the Arise continuity.

I bet in the contract with Funi when they got the 2nd season they asked for all future projects of Free!, the only reason they didn't get the 1st season was because Crunchyroll got it. And then obviously after the success of the 1st season Funi suddenly realised they had better snap up the next season.

Professor Irony said:

Me too. Right up my street. I was getting Gungrave minus the Zombies vibe. Looks like it's aimed at the English market too, seen as the writing in books etc was in English.

More PVs have appeared for upcoming animes:

A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn't Exist (Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai) (Slightly NSFW) - Summer 2015:

Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works (2nd Half) - Spring 2015:

Food Wars! (Shokugeki no Sōma) - Spring 2015:

Heroes of the Six Flowers (Rokka no Yusha) - Summer 2015:

Overlord - Summer 2015:

Back