The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Dan said:
Professor Irony said:
New preview for the summer season's Gangsta:

Really hope it doesn't suck, it looks like something I would enjoy.

Me too. Right up my street. I was getting Gungrave minus the Zombies vibe. Looks like it's aimed at the English market too, seen as the writing in books etc was in English.
Looking forward ti Gangsta. The manga is awesome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cel said:
Looking forward to Gangsta, Food Wars and Fate/Stay Night pt 2. Hopefully Gangsta and Food Wars are on Crunchyroll.

I can probably guarantee Food Wars will be on Crunchyroll, as Warner Bros* is involved.

*They also handled JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and Terra Formars.

-Danielle- said:
Oh thats poo about Free! Season One. Would I need to watch it to understand Season Two or would I be ok you thinks?
I'd say you would need to watch the first season to know about the dynamics in the second season.

Lutga said:
Does anyone (on the U.S. side) make money when titles using ADV's dubs and assets are re-licensed?
Most likely not; there are no residuals and in most cases, if the title is up for re-licensing then the rights have reverted to Japan and with "modern" licenses that also includes the dub.

ayase said:
Funi bought ADV's debts off Sojitz in order to try and force a competitor out of business
Do you actually know that is what they intended? I saw it more as Sojitz offering FUNi a job lot of titles which already had all the localisation work done but with a few strings attached...

Professor Irony said:
Missed this when it went up - new trailer for this summer's upcoming GitS film:

No details on story as yet, but judging by the visuals, I think we can safely assume it'll follow on from the Arise continuity.
Sweet!

NormanicGrav said:
More PVs have appeared for upcoming animes:

A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn't Exist (Shimoneta to Iu Gainen ga Sonzai Shinai Taikutsu na Sekai) (Slightly NSFW)
Eh, depends where you work. :p

-Danielle- said:
Cheers Gemsy. Not what I wanted to hear but what I expected lol. Subs here I come :'( lol. How many episodes are in Season One please?

12 Episodes of glorious bromance.

Speaking on Free, just saw volume 7 of the second season sold almost 20k in first week sales ..Kyoani are rolling in that Free dolla.

Dannielle said:
-Danielle- said:
Cheers Gemsy. Not what I wanted to hear but what I expected lol. Subs here I come :'( lol. How many episodes are in Season One please?

12 Episodes of glorious bromance.

Speaking on Free, just saw volume 7 of the second season sold almost 20k in first week sales ..Kyoani are rolling in that Free dolla.
If i could understand japanese i would have got the japanese BD's

-Danielle- said:

Discotek seem to hint at it getting a dub, maybe in the future. Although I wouldn't hold your breath.

Animatsu's debut release reviewed: Looks all good! Gonna go make a pre - order right away now I have confirmation of a quality release.

Dannielle said:
Animatsu's debut release reviewed: Looks all good! Gonna go make a pre - order right away now I have confirmation of a quality release.

It's basically Sentai Filmworks original Blu-ray release with the Animatsu logo slapped on the start; but yea its nice to know that Animatsu will be using outside sources (such as Hanabee/Sentai) rather than an internal company such as MangaUK's new authoring tools.

Emo185 said:
Dannielle said:

It's basically Sentai Filmworks original Blu-ray release with the Animatsu logo slapped on the start; but yea its nice to know that Animatsu will be using outside sources (such as Hanabee/Sentai) rather than an internal company such as MangaUK's new authoring tools.
And those are?

ConanThe3rd said:
Emo185 said:
Dannielle said:

And those are?

Just noticed the video is of the DVD version (and not the Blu-ray version)...but my point still stands; the UK Blu-ray release is pretty much the same as the US Blu-ray (with the exception of animatsu logo slapped on at the start).

in regards to MangaUK's authoring tools i have no idea what they, or what they use; I'm just saying that whatever they use its pretty terrible (i.e. recent releases have had strange chapter marks, poor video quality, bizarre subtitle timing etc).

ConanThe3rd said:
Emo185 said:
Dannielle said:

And those are?
The cheapest laptop they could find in Tesco and Windows Movie Maker :p

There is some good news with regards to the English translated Manga release for Vinland Saga.

Back in December, Kodansha Comics announced their release of the series in their special hardcover manga omnibus would be put on hiatus with many suspecting poor sales as the main result. But now someone asked the publisher over on tumblr about the series and they had this to say:
Yes. We’ll be making a formal announcement about the future of Vinland Saga at our panel at Anime Boston next week. If you’ve been waiting for Book Six, it’s good news.

Vinland Saga is an on-going 2005 seinen manga set in the Viking era, I don't know much about it but it's gained a cult following and very positive feedback.

Kodansha Comics released the series with 2 volumes per omnibus set from October 2013 before going on-hold in December 2014 with Omnibus 5 (Volumes 9 & 10). There are currently 15 volumes and 113 chapters as of this date in Japan.

Back