The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

If you ignored s-CRY-ed on account of not really being good enough, and Boueibu on account of being too new still, that top ten or so is surprisingly solid.

Emo185 said:
in regards to MangaUK's authoring tools i have no idea what they, or what they use; I'm just saying that whatever they use its pretty terrible (i.e. recent releases have had strange chapter marks, poor video quality, bizarre subtitle timing etc).
They're presumably still being outsourced. Used to be to Dubbs-Eyeframe (now Premiere). I haven't heard anything recently, but they still listed Manga, Starz and Anchor Bay as clients up until their site was redesigned a year ago and the client list disappeared. May be someone else now, but they've been using Madman DVD masters for nearly everything so so long that it's hard to tell if anything has changed. They definitely did Sky Crawlers for example, but that's a film so would have different chapter marks anyway...

qaiz said:
ilmaestro said:
that top ten or so is surprisingly solid.
But not really what I'd consider "overlooked"...I mean Baccano? The poster child for good anime? :p
Baccano! was not a huge success in Japan, certainly. Not something that totally tanked, but relative to its quality I think it is certainly overlooked by a large majority of people.

ilmaestro said:
qaiz said:
ilmaestro said:
that top ten or so is surprisingly solid.
But not really what I'd consider "overlooked"...I mean Baccano? The poster child for good anime? :p
Baccano! was not a huge success in Japan, certainly. Not something that totally tanked, but relative to its quality I think it is certainly overlooked by a large majority of people.

Baccano is an odd one, anyone who talks about it says it's good/great, but it seems like quite a few people haven't seen it.

I wonder if that's down to it not being a typical all teen cast and the fact it's got a far amount of violence making portions of the audience skip it in favour of other shows that were airing at the same time?

I can totally imagine people not having seen Baccano - after all, with the setting and art style it's not exactly typical by today's standards.

Lutga said:
I can totally imagine people not having seen Baccano - after all, with the setting and art style it's not exactly typical by today's standards.

Not sure what you mean by art style, can u elaborate?

Baccano is in my to watch pile. I bought it at a con about 3 years ago and still haven't watched it. It's also rated 18,no? So it's more difficult for people to buy it, especially kids who can't shop online.

Dan said:
Lutga said:

Well, because of the period American stylings - it's not exactly your average colourfully glossy moe or robot anime show.

Lutga said:
Dan said:
Lutga said:

Well, because of the period American stylings - it's not exactly your average colourfully glossy moe or robot anime show.

Ah, I get what your saying 8)

Lutga said:
Dan said:
Lutga said:

:roll: wish the moe fans would give it a rest and watch something as good as baccono

Issac and Millia are moé as all get out
ypDwEzb.jpg

ConanThe3rd said:
Issac and Millia are moé as all get out
ypDwEzb.jpg

No no I'm not saying moe is bad I'm talking about the .....

School life, group friends moe thing.......when I first watched lucky star I couldn't get enough but after a while it just gets boring.....It's that kinda moe.

But anime gas gone though loads of versions before....

Giant robots
Western
Space
Now it's the school life.......which is getting old.

Bring back space anime

Back