The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

NormanicGrav said:
Thought the Blu-ray release for Sailor Moon Crystal fixed the animation issues? Think again.

Ouch, I'd always assumed that the transition to BD meant they fixed pretty much everything, not added more errors.

I don't know if they've put more effort into looking at Crystal but it seems to have more errors in just a few episodes compared to all the errors for the original series.

This is Toei, If they can't sell toys to both girls and the men who are clearly not their fathers and it's not called "Precure" they won't even start to give a half of the D of a Damn.

Viz Media has entered into a deal with Comixology to release some Shojo Beat titles digitally, these being Library Wars, Skip Beat!, Please Save My Earth, Otomen, Ouran High School Host Club and Vampire Knight.

Source

Looks like Film4 are doing another Studio Ghibli season over the weeks around Easter. Here is a list of films known to be showing (according to DigiGuide - I think these are right):

* Spirited Away, 13.00, 28th March (subbed)
* Arrietty, 14.00, 29th March (dubbed)
* Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, 11.00, 30th March (dubbed)
* Howl's Moving Castle, 11.00, 31st March (dubbed)
* Whisper of the Heart, 11.00, 1st April (subbed)
* The Little Norse Prince, 02.05, 2nd April (subbed)
* The Cat Returns, 11.00, 2nd April (subbed)
* Ocean Waves, 02.30, 3rd April (subbed)
* Kiki's Delivery Service, 11.00, 3rd April (subbed)
* Spirited Away, 01.20, 4th April (subbed)

Ian Wolf said:
Looks like Film4 are doing another Studio Ghibli season over the weeks around Easter. Here is a list of films known to be showing (according to DigiGuide - I think these are right):

* Spirited Away, 13.00, 28th March (subbed)
* Arrietty, 14.00, 29th March (dubbed)
* Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind, 11.00, 30th March (dubbed)
* Howl's Moving Castle, 11.00, 31st March (dubbed)
* Whisper of the Heart, 11.00, 1st April (subbed)
* The Little Norse Prince, 02.05, 2nd April (subbed)
* The Cat Returns, 11.00, 2nd April (subbed)
* Ocean Waves, 02.30, 3rd April (subbed)
* Kiki's Delivery Service, 11.00, 3rd April (subbed)
* Spirited Away, 01.20, 4th April (subbed)

Haven't seen The Little Norse Prince or Ocean Waves so i'll be recording those as i'm guessing the showings for those two are past midnight/early morning.

I'm sure they were - you know you can buy the Japanese books/discs perfectly legally, right? I agree that it sucks that the venture failed to appreciate the unfairness of the current global availability situation but ultimately it's no excuse for piracy.

Chances are that 699,999 of them were just copies of the same episodes/chapters of Naruto, Attack on Titan and Sword Art Online anyway. They're not going to be going after obscure stuff that rights holders aren't trying to protect very hard in the first place.

R

ConanThe3rd said:
And, I'm quite sure, that 700k episodes and chapters of Anime/Manga were in turn made fully avaiable via legal channels, right?

Of course they were, and to further punch piracy in the groin, everyone who previously downloaded or even thought of downloading one of those 700,000 files went on to buy it via said fairly-priced, customer-oriented digital/physical goods model.

Rui said:
I'm sure they were - you know you can buy the Japanese books/discs perfectly legally, right? I agree that it sucks that the venture failed to appreciate the unfairness of the current global availability situation but ultimately it's no excuse for piracy.
R

VAG3brl.png

AntAce said:
Of course they were, and to further punch piracy in the groin, everyone who previously downloaded or even thought of downloading one of those 700,000 files went on to buy it via said fairly-priced, customer-oriented digital/physical goods model.

wHBhOuj.png

Rosencrantz said:
NormanicGrav said:

Wait things start out as 10 episodes? I'd always assumed a 10 episode series was one where it was maybe going to go 12-13 and wasn't popular enough so they cut it a little short.

I've heard rumours that this may have happened with the second half of Chaika, but by the time that started (and the length was confirmed before it started airing - and would have been decided probably a month or two before it was confirmed) we'd already had the entire first cour, and several volumes of the anime had already been released. This sort of thing wouldn't be changed after the series started airing, and they wouldn't usually know how popular something would be before the series started airing. In other words, in just about every case the 10 episodes would have been the plan from the start.

After their successful Bubblegum Crisis Kickstarter, AnimEigo want to know what you'd pay for other classic series if they were to offer more via crowdfunding:

http://goo.gl/forms/CXw6KqzIQ2

They're being a bit sneaky about what series they might have in mind, but if it turns out to be Urusei Yatsura I'm going to have to start selling organs.

Back