The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Some cool stuff on that list, including some I cannot imagine they will ever even look at. I put UtaPri in my top four to make them cry, along with Mawaru Penguindrum, Anohana and Chihayafuru.

And I don't only want to watch DenYuuDen for the pretties ;_;

R

I voted for Sekai-ichi Hatsukoi as one of my 4 but that seems like more of a Nozomi thing to me since they have Junjo.

Eh I don't care who in America gets it as long as someone does!

To those who did the survey, what did you put for 'which north american dvd or blu ray release is your favourite' and 'why is it your favourite?'

My answer was 'Maria Holic' and 'Why do you think?' :D

Cathe said:
To those who did the survey, what did you put for 'which north american dvd or blu ray release is your favourite' and 'why is it your favourite?'

I put down Kimi ni Todoke 8)

Cause dat show is sweet as hell and sawako reminds me of me 5 years ago :wink:

MrLaserSharkKH said:
Another FUNIMATION Survey Anyone?

Looks like FUNI Are thinking about Quite a few titles!

Filled it out :)

Put AnoHana, Gosick, Omamori Himari and Penguindrum in my top 4.

Cathe said:

I put down the thinpack version of the Higurashi boxset ^_^

I also filled it in, I found it a bit hard to get excited over most of the titles they had selected, although I think stuff like C3 are enjoyable and would potentially sell.

When they asked for throughts on other series, I stated what about a proper HD release of Kanon or Spice and Wolf (not SD remaster), also perhaps might be worth considering Bakemonogatari even if it'd be a lot of work, with Nisemonogatari and Kizumongatari due soon it'd probably sell.

For my most cherished, I stated a close tie between my LE Toradora! boxsets, and my Spice and Wolf stuff, with the edge to Toradora! because Funi really should have used a HD source for the S&W S1 BDs as it was available.

Looking at that survey, there are only a few series I'd be definitely interested in: Gosick and Seitokai no Ichizon (which took me back a bit, I must say).

Didn't Bandai Ent. USA hold the license to both Gosick and Nichijou before their demise? If so, it's good to see other companies thinking about snapping them up quickly as opposed to just leaving them languishing in the abyss.

Cathe said:

I'm not sure if the reason I think you would like Maria Holic is the same as the actual reason you like Maria Holic. ^^;

I put down NISA's premium releases of Toradora! and Katanagatari.

*whistles innocently*

We'll see what happens I suppose. Hopefully we see some of that list being done bu FUNi :)

Was a good survey.

And another guaranteed purchase from NISA! They are doing a tremendous job at picking up things I will buy.

Rather floored to see all of the negativity on ANN towards Brave10.

R

Ahahahaha, just one more reason why I'm glad I don't go near that site.

edit: let me guess. "Too many ninja"? "Too much amusing writing"?

Oh Manga, you love to confuse and frustrate everyone. I'll stick to my nice US Blue Exorcist preorders with the posters and stuff. Volume 2 finally shipped, hurrah.

ilmaestro said:
Ahahahaha, just one more reason why I'm glad I don't go near that site.

edit: let me guess. "Too many ninja"? "Too much amusing writing"?

I have no idea why shiny action shows with ninja are suddenly not cool in the west these days. Maybe Sentai's licensing choices aren't as crazy as I thought, and quirky bishoujo romantic comedies are all that sell ^^;

R

Back