The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Sentai Filmworks have "Listen To Me Girls, I'm Your Father!", which will be release as subtitle only later this year. ANN don't have a full article up yet, but it's on their front page.

Zin5ki said:
Sainsbury's cannot feasibly delay the release of a fruit basket! Its sell-by date would expire.
They'll just print off a new one and stick it over.

Joshawott said:
Sentai Filmworks have "Listen To Me Girls, I'm Your Father!", which will be release as subtitle only later this year. ANN don't have a full article up yet, but it's on their front page.

Ehh, I have never seen anything quite like this season before in terms of so many things being grabbed so quickly. Funimation and co will be left with slim pickings soon.

I will be skipping this one.

R

Joshawott said:
mangaman74 said:
*Takes out cricket bat* Who beats who now? xD (Don't worry, I don't even own a cricket bat...)

Something in my mind told me to check the Gaming section first, but then my stomach said "You need to eat!" so I went to eat instead.

Ha well...i was browsing the internet before heading to work this morning (5am!) and saw the article on ANN...looking forward to it though!

CloudedMinds said:
Joshawott said:
mangaman74 said:
*Takes out cricket bat* Who beats who now? xD (Don't worry, I don't even own a cricket bat...)

Something in my mind told me to check the Gaming section first, but then my stomach said "You need to eat!" so I went to eat instead.

Ha well...i was browsing the internet before heading to work this morning (5am!) and saw the article on ANN...looking forward to it though!
I was sleeping, dreaming of finding a Pokémon-only store in Ely at 5am.

Then I woke up at 9am and realised it was just a dream...was sad.

I need to actually y'know, learn how to play games on my computer...never mind just visual novels xD

They changed their mind!

Too bad I already own it and have the R1 combo pack on order, complete with a free calendar covered in gorgeous men (and Hideyoshi, but you can't have it all) :s

I wonder if the thinning pool of new titles coming out with dubs in the US is forcing them to reconsider releases they'd already openly passed over?

R

Rui said:
They changed their mind!

Too bad I already own it and have the R1 combo pack on order, complete with a free calendar covered in gorgeous men (and Hideyoshi, but you can't have it all) :s

I wonder if the thinning pool of new titles coming out with dubs in the US is forcing them to reconsider releases they'd already openly passed over?

R

I think it's more a case of them going back over their sales figures, and suddenly noticing that Sengoku Basara S1 sold a lot more than they thought, and it turned out to be a slow burner of a title.

Personally after reviewing it, I could never believe when they said that it had performed badly (Blu-ray maybe), because it's 'proper' Manga material, the schlocky over the top action show that always makes their coffers go ka-ching.

It wouldn't surprise me if they suddenly noticed that it's sold a few thousand more since they last checked.

I was always sort of impressed how it was supposed to have done badly here when it is packed full of equal opportunity fanservice, action and excitement. Ok, the game it was supposed to tie into sold notoriously horribly and the winks towards history may have gone unnoticed, but even just reissuing the existing anime release with a more appealing cover should have moved numerous units...

I know at least five people personally who bought the UK version after seeing it with me, and I'm not in Manga's marketing department.

R

Rui said:
I was always sort of impressed how it was supposed to have done badly here when it is packed full of equal opportunity fanservice, action and excitement. Ok, the game it was supposed to tie into sold notoriously horribly and the winks towards history may have gone unnoticed, but even just reissuing the existing anime release with a more appealing cover should have moved numerous units...

I know at least five people personally who bought the UK version after seeing it with me, and I'm not in Manga's marketing department.

R

I got the UK version of S1. I will be getting the Region A blu-ray for S2 though (currently on preorder) as UK is DVD only.

Not got the game though.

Back