The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Funimation has revealed that the second season of Sora No Otoshimono will now be DVD-only (was formerly a combo pack).

...I wouldn't have minded so much normally, but season one is a combo pack, so this seems insane. It's coming out unusually quickly so presumably they got into problems with the Japanese side and had to hold it back for ages after spending all the money preparing it, but I think I'll wait for the inevitable combo pack down the line now ^^;

A strange situation, and perhaps a worrying sign of trouble if they can't hold it back for the release they were planning.

R

Rui said:
Funimation has revealed that the second season of Sora No Otoshimono will now be DVD-only (was formerly a combo pack).
That's pretty lame. I guess Funimation decided that dropping the BD was a better course of action than delaying the release.

Better news is that B Gata H Kei is region-free. I expect vashdaman to be placing an order forthwith!

I remember hearing something about that series...I decided to look it up on PlanetAxel...oh Arceus...just reading the plot description is painful...because of the way it's written.

The plot is actually nowhere near as bad as advertised, the problem is more that it's not really that funny.

vash should still order it though.

Last edited by a moderator:
ConanThe3rd said:
On a tangential note - Power Rangers: Wild Force to air on Kix and I officially give up on making sense on how TV Show licensing works
SV4uk.gif

Wait, what? NEW show? Isn't Wild Force like ... way old?

Joshawott said:
More humorously, the stage musical. "Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion - A Prelude Dedicated to the Sorceror-" will have an all male cast. Bye bye hot C.C. and Kallen xD

Not terrifically surprising given the fan demographics of both Code Geass and anime-related musicals...:) nobody minds Takarazuka having all-female casts for their shows, do they? A male C.C. could definitely work for me.

Sad to see it will probably have finished its run before I can go and see it! It will probably be a glorious trainwreck but not something that screams "buy me" on disc...

R

Back