The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

The suit alleges that ADV never paid this debt, and instead sold its assets for below market price to several companies owned by former ADV executives and shut down.

The suit goes on to claim that ADV's transfer of assets "was made with the intent to defer, hinder or defraud the creditors of ADV,"
Well of course it was. But for my money, that officially makes ADV / Sentai magnificent bastards. And I hope they win.

There has been little doubt that that was the intention ever since newADV was setup, right? I wonder if it has just taken this long to come through the channels, or if Funi just really need the money right now.

ilmaestro said:
There has been little doubt that that was the intention ever since newADV was setup, right? I wonder if it has just taken this long to come through the channels, or if Funi just really need the money right now.
Given how ******** the courts are, It's about even odds to ether being the case.

Keep in mind they took six months to make the wrong decision in the TV Tokyo vs 4Kids case (because laundering money is totally OK, guyze).

K-ON!, From Up On Poppy Hill, Buddha: The Great Departure, Tōfu Kozō and Detective Conan: Quarter of Silence are apparently nominees for the Animation of the Year category of the 35th Japan Academy Prize awards.

Source.

Joshawott said:
K-ON!, From Up On Poppy Hill, Buddha: The Great Departure, Tōfu Kozō and Detective Conan: Quarter of Silence are apparently nominees for the Animation of the Year category of the 35th Japan Academy Prize awards.

Source.

No Hotarubi no Mori e or Mardock Scramble: The Second Combustion?

okay_face_RE_Highest_Rated_Post_Ever_s251x239_156794_RE_WHY_DO_FARMVILLERS_HAVE_THIS_MUCH_FREE_TIME_WHYYYYYY1-s251x239-163367-580.jpg

Code Geass play to have on-stage Knightmare mech.

Reevothemusefan said:
Joshawott said:

Source.

okay_face_RE_Highest_Rated_Post_Ever_s251x239_156794_RE_WHY_DO_FARMVILLERS_HAVE_THIS_MUCH_FREE_TIME_WHYYYYYY1-s251x239-163367-580.jpg
'cos cute girls and cute guys. That's why.

Joshawott said:
Code Geass play to have on-stage Knightmare mech.

Reevothemusefan said:
Joshawott said:

Source.

'cos cute girls and cute guys. That's why.

I like point out that Hotarubi no Mori e has cute girls & cute guys as well :)

In seriousness though the K-ON movie has gotten great reviews from what i've seen, so I undertstand why it got the nomination.

mangaman74 said:
It is a Bandai release. Wonder if it will get an expensive Western release as well.

I hope so since it's one of my favourite anime movies, but with the current situation it seems nearly impossible.
Worst case scenario I'll be able to buy this Japanese reissue, which is cheap for Japanese standards.

Teo

teonzo said:
mangaman74 said:
It is a Bandai release. Wonder if it will get an expensive Western release as well.

I hope so since it's one of my favourite anime movies, but with the current situation it seems nearly impossible.
Worst case scenario I'll be able to buy this Japanese reissue, which is cheap for Japanese standards.

Teo

What I was referring to is Aniplex's method of charging through the roof for Western releases (Fate/Zero Blu-ray Box 1 cost £344 at UP1. Including shipping you are looking at around £700 for the complete series). Bandai might look at doing a similar thing with some of their releases.

They also have Galaxy Express 999. Weird and unexpected. I'll definitely buy Bo^7 even if it's a weak, budget release. I hope their strange strategy of rescuing series with existing translations for DVD is a success.

---

(I removed the contraction from the thread title as the forum software automatically inserting a slash next to the apostrophe was slowly driving me crazy.)

R

mangaman74 said:
What I was referring to is Aniplex's method of charging through the roof for Western releases (Fate/Zero Blu-ray Box 1 cost £344 at UP1. Including shipping you are looking at around £700 for the complete series). Bandai might look at doing a similar thing with some of their releases.

I totally misunderstood, sorry. I was thinking about all the Bandai USA / Beez mess.

Teo

Back