The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Sentai's announced Inu x Boku SS now for US BD/DVD. The non-catchy title didn't draw me in at first (it didn't help that I inexplicably confused it for something related to Amagami SS until designs popped up) but I'm looking forward to this one. The licensing this season is really aggressive! So many shows are being grabbed for home video even before they've aired.

Source.

R

Goro Miyazaki's From Up On Poppy Hill trailer

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uwkSbcrNBpc?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uwkSbcrNBpc?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

http://www.uk-anime.net/newsitem/Kaze_UK_to_release_Black_Lagoon_on_Blu-Ray.html

black-lagoon-bd.jpg

After all the bad news about anime on Blu-Ray in the UK this week, how about something rather more exciting and upbeat to brighten your weekend?

Specifically, and following up from a mention within the pages of the latest Neo Magazine, we now have confirmation via Twitter from Kaze UK that they will be releasing the fantastic Black Lagoon in its entirety on Blu-Ray during the course of 2012 - this includes not only both series (previously released on DVD in the UK by MVM Entertainment), but also the more recent Roberta's Blood Trail OVA.

Black Lagoon's story takes in some very modern piracy and criminal shenanigans as we follow the story of a young businessman named Rock who finds himself caught up in the theft of some important data he's carrying for his company - once they cast him aside, he joins the lot of this motley crew and soon becomes immersed in their day to day life.

At present, series one and two of the show are expected to see their Blu-Ray release in May 2012, with the Roberta's Blood Trail OVA to follow later in the summer. These releases will both be distributed via Manga Entertainment.

Are you looking forward to seeing this series in High Definition? Let us know!

Wait, it was out of print before this?

theirsbailiff said:
http://www.uk-anime.net/newsitem/Kaze_UK_to_release_Black_Lagoon_on_Blu-Ray.html

black-lagoon-bd.jpg

After all the bad news about anime on Blu-Ray in the UK this week, how about something rather more exciting and upbeat to brighten your weekend?

Specifically, and following up from a mention within the pages of the latest Neo Magazine, we now have confirmation via Twitter from Kaze UK that they will be releasing the fantastic Black Lagoon in its entirety on Blu-Ray during the course of 2012 - this includes not only both series (previously released on DVD in the UK by MVM Entertainment), but also the more recent Roberta's Blood Trail OVA.

Black Lagoon's story takes in some very modern piracy and criminal shenanigans as we follow the story of a young businessman named Rock who finds himself caught up in the theft of some important data he's carrying for his company - once they cast him aside, he joins the lot of this motley crew and soon becomes immersed in their day to day life.

At present, series one and two of the show are expected to see their Blu-Ray release in May 2012, with the Roberta's Blood Trail OVA to follow later in the summer. These releases will both be distributed via Manga Entertainment.

Are you looking forward to seeing this series in High Definition? Let us know!

Wait, it was out of print before this?

Brilliant, glad this includes everything, and conveniently the two seasons are out in my birthday month, wahey.

& Yeah, its a pain to find any of the series, you have a volume or two floating about here and there but that's about it. I was VERY lucky to able to get the last boxset of season 1 in stock at my local HMV a while ago, haven't seen that badboy anywhere for a long time.

Sentai has just licensed Zero no Tsukaima F :D

Awesome news which was quite unexoected, I'm hoping they have picked up the first three series too, since it would be strange of them to release season 4 without there being releases of S2-3(S1 is OOP) in the US.

Back