The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

I picked up the BD for not much more as part of my Christmas pack too, I've seen mixed review, but I'd like to support Manga in realising BDs are wanted, even if they market the system so ineffectively as to kill half the potential sales they could net.

Because... he's not a squid? >_>

Joshawott said:
Steins;Gate to be ported to PS3 in Japan.
Just in case any of your Japanese skills are better than mine (if you can count from 1-6, you're better than me. I can only count to 5).
Meh, those already have console releases, where is the port of the 8-bit follow up? :-/

Rui said:
(I removed the contraction from the thread title as the forum software automatically inserting a slash next to the apostrophe was slowly driving me crazy.)
But... my plan of covertly getting slashes into thread titles... WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!

ilmaestro said:
Also, I just saw that Ookami-san and her seven friends will all be getting a BD release from Funi at the start of April! Happy days. That could be a busy week, if I buy Black Butler s.2 and DenYuuDen (the latter pending what the pack-in item is) from them. Who knew Funi still actually released new shows?

That's pretty much my shopping list too, though without the caveat on DenYuuDen as I just want to see it for the first time.

With what happened with SoraOto Forte though, I am paranoid about preordering too far in advance in case Funi change the content again. I'm going to leave it a few weeks before putting my orders in.

R

Allegedly. As I say, I remain unconvinced that Funi is in the business of actually selling new shows these days.

Rui said:
though without the caveat on DenYuuDen as I just want to see it for the first time.
Awesome, I look forward to people's appraisal of this show as I didn't feel like some people's opinion that I read elsewhere gave it an entirely fair go (and I want to see if this is just my fanboyism clouding my judgement...).

With what happened with SoraOto Forte though
Ah... what was this? I would largely blank mention of that show even if they hadn't given it one of The Silly Titles. ^^;

ilmaestro said:
Rui said:
though without the caveat on DenYuuDen as I just want to see it for the first time.
Awesome, I look forward to people's appraisal of this show as I didn't feel like some people's opinion that I read elsewhere gave it an entirely fair go (and I want to see if this is just my fanboyism clouding my judgement...).

I'm pretty sure I'll like it :)

Ookami-san I'm more likely to be lukewarm about, but it feels worth a punt.

With what happened with SoraOto Forte though
Ah... what was this? I would largely blank mention of that show even if they hadn't given it one of The Silly Titles. ^^;

The release of Forte was originally solicited as a LE combo pack (season one has a very nice combo pack which I'd say is top tier as Funi packaging goes). I'd just been enjoying season one on blu-ray, which is an upscale but still very nice looking, and I was excited for Forte, which is the season which had originally turned me on to the series. For some reason, sleazy fanservice was the first genre I took to buying on blu-ray ^^;

However, the blu-ray was suddenly yanked from the LE listing and the price reduced accordingly, so I'm left with the choice of either getting the now-DVD-only LE, or waiting for a future non-LE blu-ray set to turn up (or buying both, but that won't happen). It's a complete mess of a release from a collector perspective, and it rather made Funimation seem more disorganised than ever.

Thankfully Axel took a few days to add it to their catalogue after I requested it, so I found out in time and was spared the indignity of having to make a cancellation :s

R

ilmaestro said:
Do I... do I have to start using PlayStation Home now?

Also, I just saw that Ookami-san and her seven friends will all be getting a BD release from Funi at the start of April! Happy days. That could be a busy week, if I buy Black Butler s.2 and DenYuuDen (the latter pending what the pack-in item is) from them. Who knew Funi still actually released new shows?

Would the DenYuuDen hopefully be the Legend of Legendary Heroes??

Rui said:
ilmaestro said:
Rui said:

I'm pretty sure I'll like it :)
Hah, I would imagine so. But I also meant the story as well as the pretty guys. :p

SoraOto Forte
Ack, that is bad. Doesn't look good at all when the biggest company out there is pulling stuff like that, under normal circumstances you would assume they could swallow the hit of whatever the sales figures were looking like.

CloudedMinds said:
Would the DenYuuDen hopefully be the Legend of Legendary Heroes??
Sure is. :)

fabricatedlunatic said:
ilmaestro said:
Allegedly. As I say, I remain unconvinced that Funi is in the business of actually selling new shows these days.
Jellyfish Princess is out in a few weeks. That alone makes up for all the near-barren months past and future.
Oh yeah, I'd forgotten that was theirs. Seems too classy for Funi.

MrLaserSharkKH said:
That is a crazy list of most of the best shows from the last year or so.

Here is an excerpt from my closing comments in the survey:

"Also kudos on the "decline" option for the newsletter, it was so good I selected it."

Back