The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Joshawott said:
Ath said:
MVM's next announcement is Waiting in the Summer a.k.a. Ano Natsu de Matteru. DVD is out on June 3rd.
Plot description sounds interesting. How is it?
It was one of, if not, my favorite show of the season when it aired. It was really enjoyable.
I'm just disappointed that it's not getting a dub/Bluray from Sentai. I'll still probably pick up their sub DVD next month though.

I seem to remember this being mentioned somewhere, but do MVM do PAL conversions for all their releases, or do they have some NTSC ones?

Mangaranga said:
Joshawott said:
Ath said:
MVM's next announcement is Waiting in the Summer a.k.a. Ano Natsu de Matteru. DVD is out on June 3rd.
It was one of, if not, my favorite show of the season when it aired. It was really enjoyable.
I'm just disappointed that it's not getting a dub/Bluray from Sentai. I'll still probably pick up their sub DVD next month though.

I seem to remember this being mentioned somewhere, but do MVM do PAL conversions for all their releases, or do they have some NTSC ones?

If the Australians release it, and give it a PAL conversion, then it will be PAL in the UK. .hack//Quantum was released in Australia as an NTSC disc, and that's how we got it here. Shana Season 2 hasn't yet been picked up for R4 release, so MVM are releasing that as NTSC. Depends on who's releasing Waiting in the Summer in Australia, which I see is Madman, and released a couple of weeks ago. So it will probably be a conversion.

Joshawott said:
Ath said:

I loved it, it's essentially a spiritual successor to Onegai/Please Teacher (same writer, and there's little shout-outs throughout). I thought the writing and story were excellent and it's from the same director as Toradora and AnoHana.

I really enjoyed it when I watched it a couple of months back. I'm glad it's getting a release over here. MVM seem to be getting some good stuff lately. Would folk recommend Onegai Teacher if I enjoyed this? (I loved Toradora and AnoHana as well)

I've seen Ano Natsu and enjoyed it, although the details are vague other than the blue-haired girl being awesome when drunk and Yukarin's character being awesome in general again.

I've never seen Please Sensei, although I liked OneTwi (I got the vol. 1 LE from the US but never filled it out). Not sure how well it holds up these days.

Fantastic news. It means i can make good use of mine on wednesday, and hopefully i can get a couple of things with it now there is that 25% off winter deal still on, and i believe on everything? So yeah, taking advantage of what i can.

ConanThe3rd said:
Otaku-san said:
Jolly good, just read it myself on TV tropes (been lost there the past week!). Otherwise be interesting if FUNimation would get Terri Hawkes or Linda Ballantyne to reprise Usagi, that said FUNi weren't too bothered with getting Ocean group to post produce the second season of Shana. I just can't imagine how much more it could cost them
I'd keep my expecations sub-teranian. Given the time between then finishing SuperS and now, If a good number of those VA have retired from the gig, then I wouldn't be supprised.

Would I be happy if Stephanie Beard returned to do ChibiUsa? Ecstatic, only VA to get her right, if Laura Bailey or someone else had to do her, not going to Cry into my Wotsits.

Well granted neither would I (can't grantee I'd be munching on Wotsits though). I was just pondering the novelty on what FUNi could well exploit, say not the cast but get Stan "The Touch" Bush in there.

Arbalest said:
Fantastic news. It means i can make good use of mine on wednesday, and hopefully i can get a couple of things with it now there is that 25% off winter deal still on, and i believe on everything? So yeah, taking advantage of what i can.
From what I read, it doesn't apply to everything - just stock they actually own. On another forum, someone posted a dvd that was £60 but knocked down to £59 in the sale.

reborn said:
Arbalest said:
From what I read, it doesn't apply to everything - just stock they actually own. On another forum, someone posted a dvd that was £60 but knocked down to £59 in the sale.

Ah thanks for the clarification. Still going to take a gander and see what deals i can pocket while i can.

Well I'm not buying the whole thing again for one OAV so they can either make that disc available separately somehow or go without my money :p

It's nice of them to release a special edition but conventional logic would prefer that they put the release of the LE before the regular edition, so it doesn't train customers not to buy things in future. I know their hands were somewhat tied by the availability of materials for releasing the bonus episode back then, but it still comes down to training people to wait instead of preorder Manga releases - which is exactly the behaviour Jerome wanted to discourage in the past.

R

D'oh! You beat me! :p Still, after they we were ooohing and ahhhing about releasing the OVA for so long, this is a pleasant surprise. I still haven't watched it past episode 1 yet, maybe I'll get round to it this time.

Back