The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

The only thing that would make me double dip to get the BD with OVA set is if they change the subtitle size/colour.
If I remember correctly the subs for HOTD were these massive yellow ones (Bigger than the standard Sentai size).
If they were smaller and White I would go for it again, as it's that reason why I can't watch the BDs subbed and still have the sub BD rips.

Rui said:
It's nice of them to release a special edition but conventional logic would prefer that they put the release of the LE before the regular edition, so it doesn't train customers not to buy things in future. I know their hands were somewhat tied by the availability of materials for releasing the bonus episode back then, but it still comes down to training people to wait instead of preorder Manga releases - which is exactly the behaviour Jerome wanted to discourage in the past.
Took the words right out of my mouth. Surely everybody who wants HotD has it by now? It's not as though the initial release was DVD only and people might be tempted to upgrade (like Panty and Stocking for instance, but still, that's just another reason people have not to buy Manga titles on release).

And when did we start calling slipcases o-cards? They're nice to have, but not orgasmic.

Awesome news about Ookami Kakushi, I loved watching the series as it aired, and it will definitely be a day 1 purchase for me ^_^ Also great news about the K-ON movie :D

Section 23 May dates:
Kids On The Slope Complete - 7th
Natsuyuki Rendezvous Complete (DVD only) - 7th
Colorful The Motion Picture - 14th
Kämpfer Für Die Liebe - 14th
K-ON! The Movie - 21st
Okamikakushi Masque of the Wolf Complete (DVD only) - 28th
Phi-Brain Season 1 Collection 2 - 28th

Ordering K-ON! for sure.

Joshawott said:
Section 23 May dates:
K-ON! The Movie - 21st

Grabbing those two, but holy hell, isn't that a quick turnaround for the K-On movie?
Well, i'll be grabbing them if they're not nerfed 1080i releases.

Mangaranga said:
Doraemon666 said:
Joshawott said:
Section 23 May dates:

Colorful The Motion Picture - 14th
These two are getting pre-ordered asap.
What's Colourful like?
I'm hearing conflicting things about it.
Personally i think Colorful is one of the best anime movies in recent years,Keiichi Hara is a class director which was plain to see in his 2007 movie Summer Days with Coo,before that he was best known for directing various Crayon Shin-Chan and Doraemon movies,but back to Colorful,not going to go to deep into the story as i dont want to spoil it for anyone,but the movie packs an emotional punch,i mean the movie deals with death and suicide and bullying and problems at home,but the message of the movie is about second chances and if you were given another chance after death to go back what would you do and how would you treat those around you,it might sound very bleak but there is an uplifting under current to the movie as we see the main character grow and cherish the things in his life that really matter and not to take his friends or family for granted because unlike the film in real life when your gone your gone,no seconds chances,so it does make you think and ponder your own life,it does clock in a just over two hours but it is beautifully paced and it never drags but i,m sure some people will complain that it is to long,a special mention must also go to the music which is done by Kow Otani who creates a whimsical and beautiful soundtrack and brings many of the scenes in the movie to life,so as you can guess i love this film and i,d highly recommend it.

Mangaranga said:
http://twitter.com/MangaUK/status/294743462320955392

It's confirmed, no commentary track from Shinkai on the Kaze release of Children Who Chase Lost Voices.
Time to grab Sentai's. Nicer packaging doesn't make up for less on disc features.

I'll stick to the UK release, I'd never have listened to it anyway....

Mangaranga said:
Joshawott said:
Section 23 May dates:
K-ON! The Movie - 21st

Grabbing those two, but holy hell, isn't that a quick turnaround for the K-On movie?
Well, i'll be grabbing them if they're not nerfed 1080i releases.
Their K-ON! Season 2 turnover was super fast as well.

Back