The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

I already have the Bandai edition of Blue Submarine No. 6 - it's a pretty fun little show, but I doubt it'll set anyone's world on fire.

VERY intersting choice for Discotek to put out there, though, as they seem to have garnered a rep as the licensor for all the retro stuff. This being a bit more recent than most of their previous offerings, could it be taken as a sign they're interested in trying out more contemporary shows?

Intriguifying!

HdE said:
I already have the Bandai edition of Blue Submarine No. 6 - it's a pretty fun little show, but I doubt it'll set anyone's world on fire.

VERY intersting choice for Discotek to put out there, though, as they seem to have garnered a rep as the licensor for all the retro stuff. This being a bit more recent than most of their previous offerings, could it be taken as a sign they're interested in trying out more contemporary shows?

Intriguifying!
Remember they will be releasing Lovely Complex and Thermae Romae this year and they are both modern shows,but overall Discotek are a retro company but maybe as they grow they are starting to spread there wings a little and trying to please fans of both newer and older shows.

Seems that the staff behind the Berserk films have more or less confirmed that they intend to continue past the Golden Age arc trilogy, and make it into a saga project. Although things are still pretty much secret, they let the press conference know at least that their new project on the matter is in motion.

Source

I was looking at that earlier and my brain was rather like Jackie Chan's in a popular meme at the fact that Origin, which has been out since 2008 (and is distinctly average into the bargain) managed to shift over 25000 units in 2012 alone the be the second highest seller of last year behind a predictable Arrietty (unless something's wrong and these are actually cumulative sales figures).

ayase said:
Origin, which has been out since 2008, managed to shift over 25000 units in 2012 alone the be the second highest seller of last year behind a predictable Arrietty

Perhaps it's because you can buy it new off Amazon for £3 including p&p? That's why I bought it to be honest :oops:

Remingleon said:
Just had this conversation with manga.

https://twitter.com/MangaUK/status/298805726363672576

Looks like it will be a few years until we get a GITS:SAC blu ray release unfortunately.
Will be interesting to see what happens with the GitS franchise Stateside given the demise of Bandai USA. There must surely be demand for it, along with the return of Gundam to the shelves. Will other distributors be able to pick these franchises up, or will Bandai Japan try to squeeze international customers for all they're worth à la Gundam Unicorn?

Back