The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

This is a work of fiction… but in ten years, who knows?

fe368401.jpg
fe368401.jpg
fe368401.jpg

Rui said:
Joshawott said:
Our volume 1 release has 3 Hero mags and 3 cards...

Does anyone who has the JP release know what the total number was? 1 of each per volume or more?

It was one hero magazine per volume (so nine in total). No cards IIRC.

R
So unless the Australian part 2 has 5 Hero Magazines included, there will be one missing? Whereas with the UK edition, 3 multiplied by 4 is 12...so could that mean the last volume doesn't come with any?

Looking at it, the Hero Magazines and cards are limited to the first 1500 DVDs and 1000 BDs with Siren Visual. So I'll be picking up Kazé's (prefer the cover art of theirs anyway).

New MVM release dates

Shakugan No Shana Season 2 Part 2 April 8th

Ga-Rei-Zero Complete Collection April 22nd

Bodacious Space Pirates Part 2 May 6th

Vampire Princess Miyu Complete Collection May 20th

Note that Vampire Princess Miyu's artwork is from the Maiden Japan solicitation. Don't know what this means for the UK re-release, but Maiden Japan will be fixing Tokyopop's Volume 1 pooch screw, and keeping the original language credits with a translated white on black credit scroll following the end of each episode. They're releasing it as a five disc collection.

If MVM go the way of NTSC-PAL, then they'll be re-releasing the old 6 discs I guess. But they might be going NTSC and go straight for the Maiden Japan re-release. I hope it's the latter.

Blockbusters finally going under doesn't surprise me sadly. Play, HMV and Blockbusters all within a few days of each other isn't good news though.

Play isn't in massive trouble as far as I know. The plans to cut their direct retail side have been known to their marketplace staff for months.

Josh: Because it's great :p

R

Well that's good news, haven't ordered much from play in a while but their 3rd party sellers were always great for finding out of stock stuff.

Joshawott said:
Why did Sentai bother licensing AKB0048?

Because there's suckers like me who'll buy cheesy idol shows like this, I'd rather an idolm@ster dvd release though.

Play and Indigostarfish all went bust because of the new tax laws that came into affect at New Years in the Channel Islands, which now say any purchases from there have to pay the 20% VAT like everyone else on the mainland. The blood letting isn't over yet.

devilrules666 said:
Will be getting the american release of tiger and bunny because it is in 2 parts and I don't care about all the cards and other things that come with it. It is sad to see HMV go but i could still be saved.

One thing to consider with Tiger & Bunny might be censorship...

Apparently the Taiwanese release had the corporate logos removed from the animation.

I had a look at episode 1 of the UK DVD and the corporate logos are still there on the hero suits.

It might be worth seeing just how the rest of the world have to handle their releases, before making a decision.

Just Passing Through said:
devilrules666 said:
Will be getting the american release of tiger and bunny because it is in 2 parts and I don't care about all the cards and other things that come with it. It is sad to see HMV go but i could still be saved.

One thing to consider with Tiger & Bunny might be censorship...

Apparently the Taiwanese release had the corporate logos removed from the animation.

I had a look at episode 1 of the UK DVD and the corporate logos are still there on the hero suits.

It might be worth seeing just how the rest of the world have to handle their releases, before making a decision.
I noticed that the timeline image the official Tiger & Bunny Viz Media Facebook used before the current one didn't have the logos (the current one has the logos on Tiger's suit, but is a screencap from the second opening theme). It's also worth noting that other publicity photos on their page don't have the logos, for example:
199300_211671048843894_6207647_n.jpg

206822_212950262049306_1795039_n.jpg

205588_212950598715939_4085397_n.jpg

Which look really jarring (especially in the case of Dragon Kid and Origami Cyclone's costumes).

However, as you said with ep 1 of the UK DVD, the cover art has them too:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/9 ... A1500_.jpg

Has anyone seen the Neon Ally streams and been able to confirm if the logos are kept in the actual series? (if I remember correctly, I remember hearing in an interview that the logos are added in a way that they can easily be removed or replaced, so I doubt that would be a problem)

Joshawott said:
Has anyone seen the Neon Ally streams and been able to confirm if the logos are kept in the actual series? (if I remember correctly, I remember hearing in an interview that the logos are added in a way that they can easily be removed or replaced, so I doubt that would be a problem)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUUeYb5agr0
I'm going to assume they are.

I'm sold after hearing Mitsuru's and Timmy Turners Dad's voices in the first few seconds >_>
But in all seriousness, the dub sounds good.

Wait, on Siren Visual's site it says this for Tiger and Bunny Part 1
- Dual language options
- Comes in a digipak & Slipcase
- Comes with four collectable booklets
- Comes with four collectable cards
and it's 12 instead of 7 episodes... Why the hell do I have a pre-order for the Kaze release?
If Sirens release isn't sub locked I'm 100% gonna get theirs instead.

Mangaranga said:
Wait, on Siren Visual's site it says this for Tiger and Bunny Part 1
- Dual language options
- Comes in a digipak & Slipcase
- Comes with four collectable booklets
- Comes with four collectable cards
and it's 12 instead of 7 episodes... Why the hell do I have a pre-order for the Kaze release?
If Sirens release isn't sub locked I'm 100% gonna get theirs instead.
That's only limited to the first 1000 BD copies (1500 for DVD) iirc.

On the Tiger & Bunny sponsership thing, I was under the impression Sunrise made some deilberetat choices (Most of the Heroes when Suited are CGI models (I belive only Dragon Kid and Blue Rose arn't) ) so that if they needed to remove adverts, much like when they had to remove all the refrences to Pizza Hut in Code Geass, that it would only require some minor editing.

Which, given re-render times and everyhting, I wouldn't be surprised if they just rendered two versions out when they were remastering for BR/DVD.

Back