The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

It appears NISA have licensed Hanasaku Iroha. I really enjoyed this series, so I'm thrilled someone decided to pick it up, especially NISA. They're quickly becoming one of my favourite distributors.

Thanks for sharing that link AntAce! At the bottom it says they are releasing Blu Ray and DVD standard editions of arakawa under the bridge! I've been waiting to see if they would do that :D

Mohawk52 said:
Rosencrantz said:
Joshawott said:
It's a late time slot so it might not have to be cut, though perhaps they will use the original version that aired in Japan that is also more TV friendly?
So then to rate it as a "children's show" is a bit pointless, unless Auzzy parents let their offspring stay up late as well.
The channel it is on only does "children's" shows, hence the label on the listing (and most teenagers are still children). The station appears to go off-air around 9pm and they show Voltron in the same time slot and. The ARB rated Madoka as M (15+).

Joshawott said:
Huh...they're doing blu-ray for Inu x Boku SS? I enjoyed the series, but I wouldn't have thought it would sell enough units to justify a blu-ray release (it was average).
When Sentai announced the license a year ago they said they were going to release it on BD.

Shiroi Hane said:
Joshawott said:
Huh...they're doing blu-ray for Inu x Boku SS? I enjoyed the series, but I wouldn't have thought it would sell enough units to justify a blu-ray release (it was average).
When Sentai announced the license a year ago they said they were going to release it on BD.
Odd...as I said, it would never have struck me as a show to sell enough units to make blu-ray viable, even in America. But then again this is Sentai and they have more money than sense.

Wish sentai would stop licensing everything in sight. It is getting really hard to tell what is worth buying and what is utter crap from them. Nice to see Hanasaku Iroha being picked up.

sniper_samurai said:
Summer Wars is being broadcast on Sky Movies Premiere starting on Friday 18th of January at 4.15 p.m.
Actually the first showing is at 0600 and then 1615, and according to the EPG it's the only day it's showing. Already set for recording on me Sky+HD box.

devilrules666 said:
Wish sentai would stop licensing everything in sight. It is getting really hard to tell what is worth buying and what is utter crap from them. Nice to see Hanasaku Iroha being picked up.
They have to licence well before they can tell if it's any good or not. They're picking up shows to simulcast them, so not even one episode will be finished when they start sorting out contracts. They'll also have to keep up a good rep with the licensee, big bundle deals are way easier for Japan than licenses for individual shows, so they're more likely to agree to them.

Reaper gI said:
devilrules666 said:
They have to licence well before they can tell if it's any good or not. They're picking up shows to simulcast them, so not even one episode will be finished when they start sorting out contracts. They'll also have to keep up a good rep with the licensee, big bundle deals are way easier for Japan than licenses for individual shows, so they're more likely to agree to them.

You never know whats going to be big so I guess Sentai are going for a spread bet, I'd assume they are smart enough to tag a show to gain potential purchase rights for home distribution later rather than flat out pay a ton of cash for something that may or may not be worthwhile.

Rosencrantz said:
I'd assume [Sentai] are smart enough [not to] pay a ton of cash for something that may or may not be worthwhile.
You would hope that would be the case, wouldn't you?

You'd REALLY hope that would be the case.

ayase said:
Rosencrantz said:
I'd assume [Sentai] are smart enough [not to] pay a ton of cash for something that may or may not be worthwhile.
You would hope that would be the case, wouldn't you?

You'd REALLY hope that would be the case.

I was trying not to say it but yes as Conan says they could always do the same as they did with ADV

Doraemon666 said:
This April will probably see the release of the Japanese version of Samurai Pizza Cats.The title will be Legendary Ninja Cats. It will be all 54 episodes in one set.We're working on the logo and front cover now.

The English dubbed Samurai Pizza Cats will be in 2013 in one box set but exact date is undecided.

"Would somebody PLEASE cue 'all my money'?"

Hilarious show, can't wait for it. Like most shows of the time it's amazing how you have to wait over a decade before it becomes redly available for private use.

Another thing to add, anyone else mention about the Sailor Moon having a reboot this year?

Otaku-san said:
Doraemon666 said:
This April will probably see the release of the Japanese version of Samurai Pizza Cats.The title will be Legendary Ninja Cats. It will be all 54 episodes in one set.We're working on the logo and front cover now.

The English dubbed Samurai Pizza Cats will be in 2013 in one box set but exact date is undecided.

"Would somebody PLEASE cue 'all my money'?"

Hilarious show, can't wait for it. Like most shows of the time it's amazing how you have to wait over a decade before it becomes redly available for private use.

Another thing to add, anyone else mention about the Sailor Moon having a reboot this year?
Discotek finally announced the street date for Samurai Pizza Cats,it is set to be released April 30 and as stated above will contain all 54 episodes in one boxset.

Inazuma Eleven is back on the newly redesigned CITV Channel. Weekdays at 7:20, presumably it'll be on their player afterwards.

Otaku-san said:
I Believe I did, mentioning that between it and JoJo's that hype could not be more get.

Back