The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Doraemon666 said:
Discotek finally announced the street date for Samurai Pizza Cats,it is set to be released April 30 and as stated above will contain all 54 episodes in one boxset.

Thanks for the heads up, though slight thing in case people don't know if all 54 episodes are on the Saban release. Then two off those are only subtitled due to them being clip shows. Then again that's at least better then Mon Colle Knights being cut 6 episodes short of a complete dub.

ConanThe3rd said:
Inazuma Eleven is back on the newly redesigned CITV Channel. Weekdays at 7:20, presumably it'll be on their player afterwards.

Otaku-san said:
Another thing to add, anyone else mention about the Sailor Moon having a reboot this year?
I Believe I did, mentioning that between it and JoJo's that hype could not be more get.

Jolly good, just read it myself on TV tropes (been lost there the past week!). Otherwise be interesting if FUNimation would get Terri Hawkes or Linda Ballantyne to reprise Usagi, that said FUNi weren't too bothered with getting Ocean group to post produce the second season of Shana. I just can't imagine how much more it could cost them

Otaku-san said:
Jolly good, just read it myself on TV tropes (been lost there the past week!). Otherwise be interesting if FUNimation would get Terri Hawkes or Linda Ballantyne to reprise Usagi, that said FUNi weren't too bothered with getting Ocean group to post produce the second season of Shana. I just can't imagine how much more it could cost them
I'd keep my expecations sub-teranian. Given the time between then finishing SuperS and now, If a good number of those VA have retired from the gig, then I wouldn't be supprised.

Would I be happy if Stephanie Beard returned to do ChibiUsa? Ecstatic, only VA to get her right, if Laura Bailey or someone else had to do her, not going to Cry into my Wotsits.

Gah, not good at all.

Sure they have high prices at times but if they did shut down, i'll miss being able to pay a random visit when out and about. At times, I wish there was a store around like HMV here.

Lawrence said:
Hmm, I don't know if things have changed since but I do remember that at one point even up to a few years ago, HMV and other high street retailers accounted for as much as 50% of sales for anime DVDs and BDs. Assuming the situation hasn't changed much, won't this have a big knock on effect?
That's what I'm more concerned about if anything. I remember hearing that HMV was the biggest buyer of anime in the country.

st_owly said:
HMV considering administration

If you have gift cards, spend em sooner rather than later.

Oh dear, not that I buy from there often but my family won't be happy.

Lawrence said:
Hmm, I don't know if things have changed since but I do remember that at one point even up to a few years ago, HMV and other high street retailers accounted for as much as 50% of sales for anime DVDs and BDs. Assuming the situation hasn't changed much, won't this have a big knock on effect?

Ideally it'd lead to the demand going to online stores and some of the less informed people realising there's more than Naruto, Baccano and Ghibli. Sadly though you're probably right.

I can't even mind what I bought last at HMV that wasn't a nick-nack or a pair of earphones.

This is only a bother because I played the Pinball/Arcade games they had at the Beaucanan St. store.

Call me when it's something serious, like Waterstones or FP calling it quits.

Damn it Arblast, ninja me by a split second why don't you? XD

I still need to buy SAC on DVD. When AnimeCentral had it on loop for months there was no point.

Suddenly, Australia's Tiger and Bunny is looking a whole lot more enticing...

Hello all the release is English dubbed,Japanese audio and English subtitled.It is coming in a digipak form and include 4 Hero magazines & 4 Hero cards.Bluray & DVD price is the same.l

Siren Visual are releasing it in two parts, DVD and Blu-ray separately... $49.95, which at today's exchange rate is £32.81.

So you can have the whole series at around £65 plus postage and import from Siren. Although you can shop around for a discount.

Kaze's is £34.99 RRP for one part BD DVD combo, and it's a four part release. At discount that will be around £25, so £100 for the whole thing. Even if you get clobbered twice by customs for the AU release, it will still work out cheaper, and you get the same stuff!

Our volume 1 release has 3 Hero mags and 3 cards...

Does anyone who has the JP release know what the total number was? 1 of each per volume or more?

Edit: RE: GITS
"Moe Major-tan!"
"B-Batou-kun no Baka!'
I...I wouldn't mind seeing a 4koma style OVA xD

GolGotha said:
st_owly said:

Sadly the aren't accepting them.
Standard procedure.

Who even gives gift cards anyway? When I was getting my sister-in-law something for Christmas, I had no idea what to get her. My brother said a gift card, but I didn't know where for. So I got her the most universal gift card ever:
2 £10 notes.

Will be getting the american release of tiger and bunny because it is in 2 parts and I don't care about all the cards and other things that come with it. It is sad to see HMV go but i could still be saved.

Joshawott said:
GolGotha said:
st_owly said:

Sadly the aren't accepting them.
Standard procedure.

Who even gives gift cards anyway? When I was getting my sister-in-law something for Christmas, I had no idea what to get her. My brother said a gift card, but I didn't know where for. So I got her the most universal gift card ever:
2 £10 notes.
I gave my folks (and sister) £10 in Amazon Vouchers with the idea of that replacing a book for their kindle for the standard Xmas shenanigans. I got them other things but you try gifting a Kindle book sometime.

It's bloody difficult.

ConanThe3rd said:
I gave my folks (and sister) £10 in Amazon Vouchers with the idea of that replacing a book for their kindle for the standard Xmas shenanigans. I got them other things but you try gifting a Kindle book sometime.

It's bloody difficult.
They do Amazon vouchers for as low as £10? Where I live, the smallest denomination I can find is £25! As much as I like to give...I can't afford £25.

Joshawott said:
ConanThe3rd said:

It's bloody difficult.
They do Amazon vouchers for as low as £10? Where I live, the smallest denomination I can find is £25! As much as I like to give...I can't afford £25.
Right here

Joshawott said:
Our volume 1 release has 3 Hero mags and 3 cards...

Does anyone who has the JP release know what the total number was? 1 of each per volume or more?

It was one hero magazine per volume (so nine in total). No cards IIRC.

R

Back