The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Doe's anyone know what's happening with FUNimation and the titles they announced last summer? Shows like Ookami-san and Shana second season where announced but I haven't seen anything as a projected release date.
Some of the show's had already post production like Ai Yori Aoshi, so all they have to do is re-print & package it to put on the shelves

vashdaman said:
I'm sure Kaneda will actually be pronounced (and probably spelt in the end) like Canada :p
At this stage, I don't think I'd be surprised if the story went that Tetsuo the Manhattan bartender has to try and stop Canada the country from potentially destroying itself and the world.

vashdaman said:
I'm sure Kaneda will actually be pronounced (and probably spelt in the end) like Canada :p

Did someone say Kaneda?
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8gzqGuJY3qc?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8gzqGuJY3qc?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
MAGIC!!

Otaku-san said:
<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8gzqGuJY3qc?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8gzqGuJY3qc?version=3&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
I have no idea what's going on but I'm strangely enthralled.

Otaku-san said:
Doe's anyone know what's happening with FUNimation and the titles they announced last summer? Shows like Ookami-san and Shana second season where announced but I haven't seen anything as a projected release date.
Some of the show's had already post production like Ai Yori Aoshi, so all they have to do is re-print & package it to put on the shelves
I don't know about Ookami, but the Geneon rescues like Shana and AYA have been delayed big time by the Geneon Universal merger. The first visible sign of movement was the recent announcement that they had started dubbing work on Hellsing Ultimate.

Shiroi Hane said:
Otaku-san said:
I don't know about Ookami, but the Geneon rescues like Shana and AYA have been delayed big time by the Geneon Universal merger. The first visible sign of movement was the recent announcement that they had started dubbing work on Hellsing Ultimate.

Typical off them intervening when we least want them to. I swear the spirits have it against me from having anything decent

When I saw the price I was like "you 'aving a larf?", and that was before I realised that was just the first half of the show. Oh dear!

In semi-related news, Oreimo has sold out at Rightstuf, the only store to officially stock it. I'm glad I picked it up when I did as the only way you're going to get the LE now is if you first take a good old reaming from your scalper of choice.

fabricatedlunatic said:
When I saw the price I was like "you 'aving a larf?", and that was before I realised that was just the first half of the show. Oh dear!

Feel more Japanese, pay Japanese prices

fabricatedlunatic said:
In semi-related news, Oreimo has sold out at Rightstuf, the only store to officially stock it. I'm glad I picked it up when I did as the only way you're going to get the LE now is if you first take a good old reaming from your scalper of choice.

Give or take a couple of years someone will be selling it at twice the price. P.S. I've seen some on UP1, get it while you can!

Following on from the Hollywood Akira adaptation, Warner Brothers are now adapiting the Japanese novel All You Need Is Kill, with reports that Tom Cruise is to star.

Source: Den of Geek

CloudedMinds said:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2011-12-01/aniplex-confirms-u.s-release-of-fate/zero-bd-boxes

Im so getting this!!! 8)

Im hoping UP1 get a hold of this like they did last time with Kara no Kyoukai

Can't see myself getting it for that price. It's also making me think again about Madoka Magica (around £210 for 12 episodes if you get the limited editions or around £120 if you get the regular blu-rays just for 12 episodes).

mangaman74 said:
Just Passing Through said:
Manga tweet that they will release Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex: Solid State Society on Blu-ray in May 2012.

Gets into DeLorean and sets the Flux Capacitor to April 2012...

Manga tweet that they have cancelled the GITS:SAC:SSS Blu-ray.

Link forthcoming. :p

Surely Manga will announce that it is being delayed in April. It will get cancelled a month or two later.

In 2012, they're trying to save money by streamlining the licence - cancellation process by eliminating the costly 'delay' tweets.

mangaman74 said:
Manga tweet that they will release Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex: Solid State Society on Blu-ray in May 2012.

Gets into DeLorean and sets the Flux Capacitor to April 2012...

Manga tweet that they have cancelled the GITS:SAC:SSS Blu-ray.

Link forthcoming. :p

Surely Manga will announce that it is being delayed in April. It will get cancelled a month or two later.

In 2012, they're trying to save money by streamlining the licence - cancellation process by eliminating the costly 'delay' tweets.

That's all well and good but they won't realize that the blu-ray doesn't work on PS3's until just before it is released thus causing a delay after which they will blame the consumers for importing it instead.

Aniplex have shown off the Madoka Magica volume 1 LE:

Madoka-Magica-V1-Assets_lrg.jpg

So glad I ordered the LE now.

I love Aniplex USA and their spread out product photos. They always make me want things more. My current Fate/Zero addiction has also ended up making this more desirable ^^;

R

Rui said:
I love Aniplex USA and their spread out product photos. They always make me want things more. My current Fate/Zero addiction has also ended up making this more desirable ^^;

R
Yeah. My little brother's first reaction when I shown him it was "How is that all going to fit in that box?" xD

So glad Mum agreed to pay for the item cost as a late birthday present (I was a gentleman and agreed to pay customs)...which will be more? We shall see!

Back