The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Just Passing Through said:
Re GITS:SAC:SSS on Blu...
I know you're half-joking but I'm fairly confident this one won't be cancelled. Feature films seem to do good enough business to warrant a BD release, and GitS is just about as high profile as anime feature films get. Keeping my DVD for the Steelbook though.

As for Madoka... that looks suspiciously like a card slipcase. For that price you'd think Aniplex would spring for a chipboard box (see also: Oreimo). Looks great otherwise, though if I decide to get Madoka it'll be the regular BD. Probably.

Madoka spread is a bit sploodge-worthy, don't supposed anyone who only wants the discs wants to sell me the gubbins for a reduced price?

May try to move my F/Z order over to TRSI, since it's about $25 cheaper, "sort of".

CloudedMinds said:
Kadokawa has no plans for a 3rd season of Haruhi Suzumiya

Link

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/ ... -tv-season

Must say...suspicious? :D
Instead, they will be reshowing the current episodes with 12 new episodes included.

#youhearditherefourth

Otaku-san said:
Doe's anyone know what's happening with FUNimation and the titles they announced last summer?
Last summer is pretty recent for Funi, they'll be planning a press release for next year to tell us they're maybe coming out the year after.

You know, there are still companies out there that issue PRESS RELEASES!!!

Manga are Facebooking this time...

Hetalia World Series May 2012
Hetalia Paint it White June 2012

Chasing after Clannad.

May I add how much the news of more Hetalia makes me bleed from the ears...

:?

And there's more...

This time from Funimation who have been ANNCASTing. Summarised on Mania...

To whit.

Blu-ray rights for Black Lagoon Seasons 1 and 2 (They've already announced and limboed Roberta's Blood Trail)

Blu-ray rights for Hellsing Ultimate. Expect a V1-4 boxset, followed by V 5-8 in quick succession.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Re GITS:SAC:SSS on Blu...
I know you're half-joking but I'm fairly confident this one won't be cancelled. Feature films seem to do good enough business to warrant a BD release, and GitS is just about as high profile as anime feature films get. Keeping my DVD for the Steelbook though.

Actually, I was pretty much all joking for this. Though Manga have spent 2011 setting up the punchline. It's hard not to take advantage of it.

Still, I wonder how the Blu-rays of Eureka Seven Movie and Musashi: Dream of The Last Samurai did for them?

God, I'm turning into spam guy today...

I haven't seen it mentioned but the biggest bombshell since the Third Impact happened last week...

Neon Genesis Evangelion is going out of print in the US.

If you haven't seen the TV series and it's been on your wishlist, it's time to import, especially as TRSI is selling the boxset for $30.

ADV and Gainax are suing each other over the Live Action Evangelion debacle, which probably explains why it hasn't been relicensed, and Gainax fees are pretty nutty.

But who knows if someone like Funi picks it up with the rest of the movies?

I did curiously ask MangaUK if they'd relicense it here (as they have the movies), but they said it's one massive mess between ADV and Gainax.

Still, I wonder how the Blu-rays of Eureka Seven Movie and Musashi: Dream of The Last Samurai did for them?
They're lamenting the sales of Eureka Seven on Twitter this morning, and while they don't specify a particular format I think it's reasonable to assume that the E7 Blu-ray, at least, did not do very well.

MANGA ENTERTAINMENT GIVE UP ON FMA: BROTHERHOOD BLU-RAY!

OMG!

I was like so waiting for them to release it. They like promised and everything that they'd try when they stopped the release half way through.

I like trusted them and everything. And now like when everyone's forgetting about it, they sneak out a tweet like a sly fart that they're not going to release it...

Tweet

I am afraid that the bad news is, Manga will not be able to release Parts 3-5 of FMA Brotherhood on BD in the UK as we had hoped.

I'm so shocked... Not!

Biggest non-news ever. It was obvious that they weren't going to release it! It's just a matter of stalling long enough for people to stop caring/import the thing/lose the sting of burning their cash on the first two volumes.

I tried reading their tweets but I got to the point where they used their corporate Twitter account to first complain about Amazon's service, then praise them, and then something snapped in my mind and I closed the window. Yeah, I think anyone who believed they would ever bring out the rest of FMA:B on blu-ray after what happened was dangerously optimistic. Maybe if they could have circulated some Australian discs to keep locals sweet, it could have worked, but if they were pressed without the BBFC parts that would have been impossible.

R

And that's why I've been buying the K-On! DVDs; because although I will probably double dip if a BD boxset is released, I doubt it will surface. In fact, I'll ask them about that now.

It's a shame about FMA. I didn't buy volume 1 and 2 on blu-ray simply because I didn't own a blu-ray player then, so I guess I was fortunate on that front. Although when I go get a multi-regional player, I'd probably end up importing the Region A ones anyway now.

Back