The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Well, in case you missed it, Kaze France have the original Kara no Kyoukai movies (not including the OVA episode) available now in a DVD box set for only 79.95€ - and that even includes all the OST CDs.
It is at times like this that I catch myself wanting to study French, before coming to my senses and realising that since I have the Japanese DVDs actually learning Japanese properly would be a more sensible wish.

That's pretty cool just for the soundtracks, even though I have the blu-ray set already. I can't fit it into my budget at the moment due to overspending on stupid things I don't want, but if it's still available in a few weeks...

R

ilmaestro said:
Now I'm way more scared.

As you've been around here a while; I figured these sort of warping images would have become the norm for you :p

@Black Lagoon news
Well that's always good. It's got simply put one of the BEST english dubs in the anime world if they release it in the UK with the english audio.

Shiroi Hane said:
Well, in case you missed it, Kaze France have the original Kara no Kyoukai movies (not including the OVA episode) available now in a DVD box set for only 79.95€ - and that even includes all the OST CDs.

Exactly, plus they have other interesting movies like "Mind Game", "Piano Forest" and "Japan, Our Homeland". Kaze Germany released "The Place Promised in Our Early Days" on blu-ray.
Let's hope that "Roujin Z" will be a good success for them, so they'll start to release more blu-rays that include English, French, German and Italian languages in the same edition.

Teo

Otaku-san said:
Joshawott said:
but when the lead voice actress has to openly apologise for it...

Sure that wasn't because of whoring herself off, having slept with Oooh so meny men
There was that *sniggers immaturely* but I remember her also addressing the fans to apologise for Endless Eight...I mean let's be fair, it was 2 months of the same damn thing.

Doesn't mean that they don't a trick up their sleeve to release a third season (or second season 1st part, how I look at it) since there's a whole part to do with Mikuru and them being trapped in ski hut

Last edited by a moderator:
New commercial for the next Lupin special, now slated for December 2nd.

<object width="640" height="360"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T_kFnuQm5yI?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T_kFnuQm5yI?version=3&amp;hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="360" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Otaku-san said:
Doesn't mean that they don't a trick up their sleeve to release a third season (or second season 1st part, how I look at it) since there's a whole part to do with Mikuru and them being trapped in ski hut
The anime also kind of needs to explain how Kyon and younger-Mikuru went back in time to deal with Nagato once Kyon had been stabbed in The Disappearance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Came across this during a bored search for anime news

<object width="560" height="315"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X6JpkKKyZGw?version=3&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X6JpkKKyZGw?version=3&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="560" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Looks jokes.

More live-action Akira news (Source).

Casting:
Kristen Stewart as Ky
Garret Hedlund as Kaneda
Helena Bonham-Carter as Lady Miyako
Ken Watanabe as The Colonel

The first and the last entries we already knew about; both of the other two had been previously reported as having been offered offered the parts. Also, the official plot description:

Kaneda is a bar owner in Neo-Manhattan who is stunned when his brother, Tetsuo, is abducted by government agents led by The Colonel.
Desperate to get his brother back, Kaneda agrees to join with Ky Reed and her underground movement who are intent on revealing to the world what truly happened to New York City thirty years ago when it was destroyed. Kaneda believes their theories to be ludicrous but after finding his brother again, is shocked when he displays telekinetic powers.

Ky believes Tetsuo is headed to release a young boy, Akira, who has taken control of Tetsuo's mind. Kaneda clashes with The Colonel's troops on his way to stop Tetsuo from releasing Akira but arrives too late. Akira soon emerges from his prison courtesy of Tetsuo as Kaneda races in to save his brother before Akira once again destroys Manhattan island, as he did thirty years ago.

Very yay to that cast list, aside from Garret Hedlund who still seems neither here nor there to me, but who knows maybe he'll be nice and hammy? Then all we need is confirmation *finger crossed* of Joaquin phoenix as Tetsuo and Ray Winston as Nezu.

But Kaneda as a bar owner :| ....even I'm not sure about that one. Hmm, I'd rather him be an aging biker yob, to be honest.

But put ya bets down on what you think Akira's going to be. My money is currently on him being a giant green eyed alien monster...

Joshawott said:
Helena Bonham-Carter as Lady Miyako
This sounds more and more like a joke every day. People are going to be sat in the cinema actually laughing and drying their eyes. And their names are still going to be Japanese, even though most of them are white and they all live in America?

People are going to be sat in the cinema actually laughing and drying their eyes

That has been my plan since the very beginning!

ayase said:
even though most of them are white and they all live in America?

I think you'll find that ky not Kai! And I'm sure Kaneda will actually be pronounced (and probably spelt in the end) like Canada :p

Back