The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Shiroi Hane said:
Ian Wolf said:
These sort of things don't really get anywhere unless you get a big name to support it, and I doubt there are any who would.
Think we can get Jonathan Ross interested (or bribed)?

I suppose you could. If you could message him on Twitter the petition could really spread.

It was 20 so far. Yeah, it's definitely going to reach the 3,000 xD

Personally, I'd prefer a domestic release (well, if Manga sort out their BD situation 9.9) but if the MB BD is region free I'll probably end up getting that anyway xD

ilmaestro said:
If I had to geso, I would say they won't get anywhere near 3000.
n4e5a00d886b62_large.jpg

Ian Wolf said:
Manga UK has just announced it will be releasing Baka and Test in May 2012. I wonder how many delays it will get?

DVD only aswell

Bit pointless really when you can import the bluray/dvd combi box from the US which happens to be....region free. Why bother getting an inferior product from Manga if that happens to be the case?

Because most of their customers don't buy Blu-ray and Manga's DVD release will be about half the price of Funi's combi-pack. Personally, I'd like to see Baka & Test but I'm not sure I want to pay £30+ to import the US version. I guess I could watch it on Funi's Youtube channel but, ugh, that video quality.

It's not an urgent thing for me - I couldn't be bothered watching the fansubs past the first episode and I've never got around to watching on YouTube either ^^;

I already have the decent combo pack so I'll be skipping, but Manga has made it very clear they aren't aimed at me anyway. If it's cheap and they give it a nice cover it will probably shift a reasonable number of copies in high street shops and to [mostly] younger buyers who aren't so keen on importing.

Since they aren't doing combo packs, blu-ray for this would have probably been suicidal here.

R

It's not like everyone who wanted that series didn't import it. I swear there was like a Baka & Test week here where loads of people imported it xD

Ble mae fy mhecyn combo? :(

No blu-ray, no buy for me, the reviews for the blu-ray version for me justify getting especially due to it's colourfulness and all that.

But I'm happy they got it out on DVD here, it's a nice series that would do fairly well on DVD, blu-ray would have been to risky anyway due to the 10-13+ market that the series is aimed at not having disposable cash to buy players which have only recently started becoming budget.

Ooooh, Watanabe's actually been good in everything I've seen him in, so that's a positive, as he'll probably do the best with what he's given at least.

Gary Oldman's actually not a bad offer, but Watanabe...would be happy with him.

OMG!!!! :D :D

Yesssss! I think Warner bros are actually stealing my thoughts. Wantanabe was my number 1 choice for the Colonel! But I thought I might jinx it if I said anything about it. This movie is an automatic must-see for me if Wantanabe's fine **** booty is in it!

Now all I have to do is concentrate my mental powers into securing Joaquin Phoenix the role of Tetsuo, and how about Ray Winston as Nezu?

Anyway I'll leave this post on a very sexy point:

ken+watanabe.jpg

Back