The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Joshawott said:
The plain text version:
Me: @animeondemand I hear Japan had an Un-Go prequel film shown for 2 weeks (Un-Go episode:0 Inga chapter). Any chance of picking that up?

Them: @Joshawott @kazeuk have rights - we may well not simulcast I am afraid though due to terms and conditions. Will see and let you know!
Nice! Pretty cool news.

Just Passing Through said:
More Hanasaku Iroha anime next year!

ANN
Nice! Pretty cool news.

Apologies if this is in the wrong place? Anyhows, saw this just now..

ibgvnl.jpg

Also..have they said they're actually cancelling the K-ON Blu-Ray boxset or not?, cause I'll cut a bitch if it has been.

I haven't looked at their Twitter in the past day, but as far as i've seen they've been ignoring the Tweets regarding it's status instead rather tweeting about toys.

Knowing Manga, it's probably on it's way to being canceled if it hasn't been yet.

Dannielle said:
Apologies if this is in the wrong place? Anyhows, saw this just now..

ibgvnl.jpg

Also..have they said they're actually cancelling the K-ON Blu-Ray boxset or not?, cause I'll cut a bitch if it has been.
I asked them about the K-ON! boxset but they ignored me. So I'd say it's cancellation is either being heavily considered, or it already has been and they're waiting to spread out the rage.

Also, no FMA:B Blu-ray boxset makes me sad. I would have double dipped.

Hurrah! It may cause some pain in the short term, but it's good to see that they're actively looking for a way to cut completely unnecessary costs. Given the roasting we gave their conversions in the other thread quite recently, overall this may also be a victory for quality. I hope the UK companies can consider this idea too (or rather, they may have to at some point), so we're not shackled to Australian releases so often.

I don't know anyone, not even amongst my parents' generation, who has a PAL-only setup in this day and age.

R

Rui said:
Hurrah! It may cause some pain in the short term, but it's good to see that they're actively looking for a way to cut completely unnecessary costs. Given the roasting we gave their conversions in the other thread quite recently, overall this may also be a victory for quality. I hope the UK companies can consider this idea too (or rather, they may have to at some point), so we're not shackled to Australian releases so often.

I don't know anyone, not even amongst my parents' generation, who has a PAL-only setup in this day and age.

R

Yeah, I mean if you have a console, chances are you have an ntsc-capable tv. I mean most (good) games last gen were 60hz enabled so I don't see why this should be an issue.

I'll register and try and vote.
I know it doesn't directly involve Manga etc, but anything which reduces costs and speeds up releases is a good thing.

Like Rui says, ANYONE who has bought a new TV in the last 5, and most TVs in the last 10 years, will be NTSC compatible. It's simply not a big deal anymore, and it means more money could be spent on ensuring the PQ of the release is good, there's no missing extras etc, and the release is out on time.

Looks as though Madman's experiment with proper PAL conversions--something I, for one, had been waiting a decade for--may be costing them too much. If it's a choice between an NTSC-PAL conversion and NTSC then the latter wins out, but I'm enjoying the higher resolution of native PAL and don't notice the resulting speedup at all.

TL;DR: Meh.

ilmaestro said:
I agree with what you said, but the "..." is me glaring at you with a degree of disbelief for the ALLCAPS. :lol:

Before time began, there was the Allcaps...we know not where it comes from, only that it has the power to create worlds and fill them with shouting people.

Madoka Trailer Sounds Pretty Damn Awesome To Me (Haters Will Be Hatin' As Usual!), I will still be waiting for it to all come out before slapping my money down on it though.

Jormungand Manga Gets TV Anime

Excited about this, just started buying the Manga and it needs more attention despite some small similarities to Black Lagoon and Dogs: Bullets & Carnage. WHITE FOX did a pretty good job with Steins;Gate so it should be one to look out for, hopefully it will appear on Anime on Demand!

alexrose1uk said:
ilmaestro said:
I agree with what you said, but the "..." is me glaring at you with a degree of disbelief for the ALLCAPS. :lol:

Hahaha my bad, I hadn't noticed. I typed that post on my phone :)
Ahaha, then you have my apologies. :) Maybe it is autocorrect that is causing AF17 to type it in that manner all the time. ^^;

Back