The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Just Passing Through said:
MANGA ENTERTAINMENT GIVE UP ON FMA: BROTHERHOOD BLU-RAY!
And that announcement came mere hours after I receive sets 3 & 4 from the US. I like a nice and tidy resolution.

After the Darker than Black S2 Blu-ray cancellation my hopes for a K-On BD set vanished into the ether. If DtB S2 is viewed as too risky then surely K-On has no chance.

Also, I seriously worry that Manga's Twitter guy is going to have a nervous breakdown one of these days.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Also, I seriously worry that Manga's Twitter guy is going to have a nervous breakdown one of these days.
Given the guy's attrocious business accumin (Let's insult the peoples who wants to buy the Dragonballs from us! That'll make is mad McCheese!) I'm surprised it hasn't happened already and to be brutally honest I'm not going to be sympathetic once it does.

As far as FMA:B that's realy sad for the people who, in good faith, bought it on Blu Ray and I hope their being utterly shafted by Manga doesn't make them say "Screw it" and just download illicit copies of the series.

But if I was in their shoes, the option would look hella tempting right now, just saying.

I don't get it, wasn't this an issue from months ago? Were they somehow pretending like they were going to go back when the show was fully released on DVD and then release the BDs or something?

ilmaestro said:
I don't get it, wasn't this an issue from months ago? Were they somehow pretending like they were going to go back when the show was fully released on DVD and then release the BDs or something?
Again, insulting people who want product. I think they totaly did.

ilmaestro said:
No, he just said they were looking into if they could make it possible. They've just confirmed that it is not.

Shiroi Hane said:
ilmaestro said:
No, he just said they were looking into if they could make it possible. They've just confirmed that it is not.
I doubt they really had any intention whatsoever of doing it.

Shiroi Hane said:
ilmaestro said:
Well, the best thing you could probably say about it was at least no-one with any sense would have been holding their breath.

Shiroi Hane said:
ilmaestro said:
No it was flat out promised when they didn't release the single BDs.
(assume this means it isn't getting a box set in the USA due to poor sales, so they can't do one)
Seriously how do they expect to keep customers when they screw us over this often.

I don't remember it being promised, I just thought they pledged to look at it to see if the numbers would work. Apparently they wouldn't. HSotD was a similar case, I remember Jerome saying they'd try to get the extra episode on a future release of some kind (which seemed sort of unwise as it dampened the appeal of the first release, but I digress), however his words left room for doubt if there was no suitable opportunity later on.

Given how full of inaccuracies and flamebait the official company Twitter news feed is, I would take anything said there with a huge pinch of salt at all times.

R

Kaze UK have the rights for "Un-Go Episode 0: Inga Chapter", the prequel film that was shown in Japan for 2 weeks, but may not simulcast due to terms and conditions. Source.

ilmaestro said:
Joshawott said:
Kaze UK have the rights for "Un-Go Episode 0: Inga Chapter", the prequel film that was shown in Japan for 2 weeks, but may not simulcast due to terms and conditions. Source.
Link seems busted?

Linking to Twitter is a load of balls. This work?

The plain text version:
Me: @animeondemand I hear Japan had an Un-Go prequel film shown for 2 weeks (Un-Go episode:0 Inga chapter). Any chance of picking that up?

Them: @Joshawott @kazeuk have rights - we may well not simulcast I am afraid though due to terms and conditions. Will see and let you know!

Rui said:
HSotD was a similar case, I remember Jerome saying they'd try to get the extra episode on a future release of some kind
I don't know if you saw, but he says they can't release it stand-alone at only 20 mins, but if there is ever a sequel they can try and include it with that.

Back