The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

I thought the first series was merely 'good', so it's very likely that it will outstay its welcome for me, at least, with all that ^^;

R

fabricatedlunatic said:
daichi383 said:
I have no interest in Denpa Onna but it does have some rather gorgeous animation by Hironori Tanaka in it. Its at 2:55 :wink:
Dunno if its a spoiler or not so its in spoiler bit. Thats a really nice looking set nevertheless.
I didn't know Hironori Tanaka but there definitely is some great animation in Denpa Onna.

No interest, though? How can anyone have no interest in this? (Hottest 40 year-old in anime on the right, fyi.)

Nkcwn.gif
Oh, you mean the same one who wouldn't deal with her autistc/insane daughter? That hot 40 year old?

Oh yeah, cuz if I find nothing else gets me rock hard it's people shirking their moral duties to the suffering of others :/

Despite it being played for comedy, that's not so much an issue with her as with Japanese society in general - mental illnesses are often not discussed, if not outright hidden by the families.

Plus, performing armchair diagnoses on fictional characters is a futile pursuit uguu.

fabricatedlunatic said:
daichi383 said:
I have no interest in Denpa Onna but it does have some rather gorgeous animation by Hironori Tanaka in it. Its at 2:55 :wink:
Dunno if its a spoiler or not so its in spoiler bit. Thats a really nice looking set nevertheless.
I didn't know Hironori Tanaka but there definitely is some great animation in Denpa Onna.

No interest, though? How can anyone have no interest in this? (Hottest 40 year-old in anime on the right, fyi.)

Nkcwn.gif
I don't tend to be attracted to 12 year olds no matter what age the writers say they are lol. Seriously though its just not my thing, I tend to watch shows with either a lot of adventuring and fighting going on like Hunter X Hunter or just straight up Cyberpunk/Procedural type shows like Stand Alone Complex. I'm a fan of the medium of animation as a whole first and an otaku second so i don't watch the shows like Denpa Onna.

Also OMFG!! NEW EVA 3.0 TRAILER

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2012-10-17/evangelion/3.0-film-latest-trailer-streamed

Only a few seconds of new footage but whatevs :wink:

There's going to be a new Digimon game that summarizes the whole of Digimon Adventure + Movie

Namco Bandai Games revealed more information and screens for the upcoming Digimon Adventure game for the PSP on Wednesday. The game will not only recreate every episode from the 1999 television anime series, but also the 2000 film Digimon Adventure - Bokura no War Game from director Mamoru Hosoda (The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Summer Wars, Wolf Children).

Toshiko Fujita (Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibōken's Dai, Chihayafuru's Taeko) is once again playing Taichi Yagami (Tai in the English dub), and Chika Sakamoto (Fushigi Yugi's Nuriko, Heartcatch Precure!'s Kaoruko) also returns as Agumon. The director of the original anime, Hiroyuki Kakudō revealed on the game's website that the staff has gathered together not only all of the original voice actors for the eight children and their eight corresponding Digimon, but that they have also assembled the voices of characters who were in more than one episode.

The voices of Myotismon (Ryûzaburô Ôtomo), Wizardmon (Akira Ishida), Etemon (Yasunori Masutani), Puppetmon (Etsuko Kozakura), and Piedmon (Chikao Ohtsuka) are all reprising their roles, along with the narrator, Hiroaki Hirata. Kakudō is returning as the game's voice recording director, and the voice audio for the game is over 70 hours long.

Namco Bandai Games previously posted a teaser for the game in September. The game is the third phase of the 15th anniversary celebration of the Digimon franchise. Namco Bandai Games plans to release the game in 2013.

Digimon Adventure began its original broadcast in both Japan and the United States in 1999, and later spawned a sequel, Digimon Adventure 02. The most recent Digimon anime, Digimon Xros Wars: Toki o Kakeru Shōnen Hunter-tachi, ended earlier this year. Digimon Adventure - Bokura no War Game was compiled with Digimon Adventure: Born of Koromon, and Digimon: The Golden Digimentals for the Digimon: The Movie release in North America. New Video Group released the complete first season of the Digimon Adventure television anime on DVD in North America last week, and Saban Brands confirmed last month that it acquired the franchise outside Asia.

Also, Avril Lavigne will be contributing two songs to the new One Piece movie
This year's 47th issue of Shueisha's Weekly Shonen Jump magazine is announcing on Monday that Canadian singer Avril Lavigne is contributing two theme songs for this year's One Piece Film Z film.

For the first time in the anime franchise, this next film will have two theme songs of its own: "How You Remind Me" and "Bad Reputation." According to the magazine, Lavigne herself is a fan of One Piece, and One Piece manga creator Eiichiro Oda is similarly a fan of Lavigne's music. After an exchange of letters and music between the two sides, the arrangement for the two theme songs were made.

One Piece Film Z will open in Japan on December 15. The film will feature "Z" (Zetto), the Straw Hat pirate crew's "strongest enemy yet" who was designed by Oda. Oda is serving as the executive producer of this film, as he did for the 10th feature film, 2009's One Piece Film Strong World.

Look Ma! No half-arsing!

Last edited by a moderator:
This Avril whatever doing covers for one piece movie Z themes is so daft. I guess Oda must really like Ms Lagvine to go to such lengths and i guess its like how anime fans like tend to like Japanese music cause its Japanese. I works both ways but they could have gotten like Foo Fighters or Muse or something. I didn't even know she still sang :p

daichi383 said:
This Avril whatever doing covers for one piece movie Z themes is so daft. I guess Oda must really like Ms Lagvine to go to such lengths and i guess its like how anime fans like tend to like Japanese music cause its Japanese. I works both ways but they could have gotten like Foo Fighters or Muse or something. I didn't even know she still sang :p
My Japanese nieces had no idea who Muse or Foo Fighters were when I introduced the bands to them last year. Avril Lavigne is big in Japan, she and Lady Gaga tour Japan every year - and my nieces actually been to Avril's gig there. So for the Japanese it is a big thing to get her to sing the songs for One Piece. And it may be a good thing for her as well, as it will introduce her to a lot of 8 to 12 year olds who missed the period she was most popular.

Also, in general foreign music is not popular in Japan, the same way that music not in English is not popular in the UK (with the odd exceptions here and there.....)

When I told a friend about Avril covering Nickelback, her response was: "That is on so many levels of nope" and I could hear the faith in humanity suddenly drained from my brother.

chaos said:
daichi383 said:
My Japanese nieces had no idea who Muse or Foo Fighters were when I introduced the bands to them last year. Avril Lavigne is big in Japan, she and Lady Gaga tour Japan every year - and my nieces actually been to Avril's gig there. So for the Japanese it is a big thing to get her to sing the songs for One Piece. And it may be a good thing for her as well, as it will introduce her to a lot of 8 to 12 year olds who missed the period she was most popular.

Also, in general foreign music is not popular in Japan, the same way that music not in English is not popular in the UK (with the odd exceptions here and there.....)

Ooh i didnt know that she was popular there. I guess if they really want to hear her cover Nickelback i shouldn't be winging about it :wink: The japanese really need to be introduced to Foo Fighters and Muse though :p

Plenty of music fans in Japan listen to Muse (they're playing in Saitama Super Arena if a quick Google search is to be believed, and having been there I can confirm that it's a rather vast venue). They don't tend to burn up the Oricon charts on the level of heavily marketed local acts, though, and it's possible - however unlikely - that Muse did not bother writing the mangaka a series of fan letters the way Avril reportedly did. If they had, perhaps they'd be reaping the rewards now. Shame on them for not worshipping One Piece as they should!

Personally, I don't care for Muse or the Foo Fighters. Or Avril. I'm sure I'll have completely forgotten this news story when Funimation finally get around to releasing the film in 2028.

R

Linking to tweets on my iPad is a pain in the ass, but MangaUK have tweeted about the possibility of a Madoka Magica movie trilogy back-to-back screening when the last film is available.

With Muse, my brother lives down the road from where they rehearse =3.

Another Biglobe poll!

*groan from audience*

This time about annoying characters from your own genre. Now, what I think is tha...

*everyone leaves the boards in disgust*

Ok... Anyway, here's the list.

Female on Female (17,764 votes)

1. Bleach's Inoue Orihime
2. Gintama's Tsukuyo
3. Haruhi Suzumiya
4. Sword Art Online's Asuna
5. Madoka Magica's Homura Akemi
6. Listen to Me, Girls. I Am Your Father!'s Hina Takanashi
7. Bakemonogatari's Nadeko Sengoku
8. A Certain Scientific Railgun's Mikoto Misaka
9. K-On!'s Yui Hirasawa
10. Hyōka's Eru Chitanda
11. Kill Me Baby's Yasuna Oribe
12. Familiar of Zero's Louise
13. Toradora's Taiga Aisaka
14. Macross F's Sheryl Nome
15. Fate/stay night's Saber
16. Evangelion's Asuka Langley Shikinami
17. Madoka Magica's Sayaka Miki
18. Inu x Boku SS' Ririchiyo Shirakiin
19. Nyarko-san
20. Blue Exorcist's Shiemi Moriyama
21. Gundam SEED Destiny's Lacus Clyne
22. Smile Precure's Yayoi Kise
23. Mobile Suit Gundam's 0083's Nina Purpleton
24. Gundam SEED Destiny's Cagalli Yula Athha
25. YuruYuri's Sakurako Ohmuro
26. K-On!'sMio Akiyama
27. Naruto's Sakura Haruno
28. A Certain Magical Index's Index
29. Hakuōki's Chizuru Yukimura
30. Squid Girl
31. YuruYuri's Akarin
32. Sailor Moon
33. Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha's Fate Testarossa
34. (tie) Magic Kaito's Aoko Nakamori
34. (tie) My Neighbor Totoro's Me Kusakabe
36. To Love-Ru's Lala Satalin Deviluke
37. Yu-Gi-Oh's Kotori Mizuki
38. (tie) Joshiraku's Uzannu Uzattei
38. (tie)Taisho Baseball Girls' Akiko Ogasawara
40. (tie) Detective Conan's Sonoko Suzuki
40. (tie) Kuroko's Basketball's Satsuki Momoi
42. Another's Mei Misaki
43. Macross F's Ranka Lee
44. K-On!'s Azusa Nakano
45. A Certain Scientific Railgun's Ruiko Saten
46. Idolmaster: Xenoglossia's Haruka Amami
47. Clannad: After Story's Sanae Furukawa
48. Detective Conan's Ayumi Yoshida
49. Dragon Ball's Lunch
50. Tiger & Bunny's Karina Lyle/Blue Rose

Male on Male (9371 votes)

1. School Days' Makoto Itou
2. Accel World's Haruyuki Arita
3. Sword Art Online's Kirito
4. A Certain Scientific Railgun's Toma Kamijo
5. To Love-Ru's Riko Yuusaki
6.IS <Infinite Stratos>'s Ichika Orimura
7. Gundam SEED Destiny's Shinn Asuka
8. Hyōka's Satoshi Fukube
9. GundamA GE's Flit Asuno
10. Nyarko-san's Hastur
11. Gintama's Okita Sogo
12. (tie) Kuroko's Basketball's Taiga Kagami
12. (tie) Blue Exorcist's Rin Okumura
14. Toriko
15. Gundam SEED Destiny's Athrun Zala
16. (tie) Gundam 00's Setsuna F. Seiei
16. (tie) Fate/stay night's Shiro Emiya
18. Code Geass' Lelouch
19. The World Only God Know's Keima Katsuragi
20. Gintama's Kamui
21. Highschool DxD's Issei Hyodo
22. Kimi ni Todoke's Kazehaya Shota
23. Gintama's Gintoki Sakata
24. Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei's Nozomu Itoshiki
25. Death Note's Light Yagami
26. One Piece's Frankie
27. Detective Conan's Kaito Kuroba
28. Blue Exorcist's Yukio Okumura
29. Gundam SEED Destiny's Kira Yamato
30. Persona 4's Yu Narukami
31. Hayate the Combat Butler's Hayate Ayasaki
32. Gurren Lagann's Simon
33. Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex 2nd Gig's Kazundo Goda
34. Baccano's Jacuzzi Splott
35. Natsume's Book of Friends' Shuichi Natori
36. Naruto's Kiba Inuzuka
37. Kokoro Connect's Taichi Yaegashi
38. Jojo's Bizarre Adventure's Dio Brando
39. Gintama's Ayumu Tojo
40. Tiger & Bunny's Barnaby Brooks Jr.
41. Heaven's Lost Property's Tomoki Sakurai
42. Tantei Opera Milky Holmes' Kai Nijuuri
43. Evangelion's Shinji Ikari
44. Evangelion's Gendo Ikari
45. Robotics;Note's Kaito Yashio
46. Sengoku Basara's Hisahide Matsunaga

I like how, as always, most of the characters in each list are regularly voted as the best characters (by their own gender) too. Ignoring the obviously stupid ones like main characters in super popular series, there are a few odd entries. Why is Sougo so disliked in Gintama (and similarly, Tsukuyo)? I wouldn't have guessed either would have ranked highest for their series in such a poll ^^;

The ones which are obviously motivated by jealousy are the funniest.

R

Back