The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Cool, hopefully a quick and painless (IE: No "Limited release, suddenly two skus (Madoka), whoops, BR Doesn't have the subs (P4a)" ********) arrangement with Kaze (or, need be, Manga, hopefully not MVM) will ensue.

I'd sure love to have some BR Sword Art Online.

Novel translations and on Kindle store would also be awesome.

I really like me some SAO.

ayase said:
reborn said:
Aniplex of America have announced their licensing of Sword Art Online, Blast of Tempest and Magi.
Joshawott said:
Aniplex USA has Sword Art Online, Magi and Blast of Tempest
Somebody needs to do something about the acoustics in here...
Apple needs to do something about the iPad's sporadic browsing that makes keeping up with friends a pain at times xD

But yeah...not looking forward to paying loads for Sword Art Online.

Joshawott said:
But yeah...not looking forward to paying loads for Sword Art Online.
Given that it's Aniplex USA, I wouldn't worry too much about this turning into another Fate/Zero Debacle.

Seriously, £300 for a boxset, not even the full series, what? Are you trying to cauterize your market share?

Seriously, four volumes, one per half a season at £30 a box rrp and we should be sitting pretty.

Part of me wants to see Aniplex of America try and release a series like Sword Art Online in one go for $999 ̶D̶V̶D̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ with a few postcards just so I could see the reaction :p

In all seriousness, as long as they keep the streams up on Crunchyroll and/or AoD then I'm cool. It's making them money, and there are clearly fans who are willing to pay those prices, it's smart business. Obviously my preference would be for prices more in line with the likes of Funi or Sentai, since I like owning physical media (but NOT at Japanese prices :p )and streaming just isn't the same. Manga UK's Madoka Magica release gives me hope that the UK companies will start using our Region B status to our advantage here in the future.

Ath said:
Part of me wants to see Aniplex of America try and release a series like Sword Art Online in one go for $999 ̶D̶V̶D̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ with a few postcards just so I could see the reaction :p
They're free to do that. I'm also equally free to not entirely feel any sympathy when it backfires on them and they have a fist in their face.

they should release series, ovas ect that goes with series but didn't get released e.g.

banner of the star III
to-love ru OVAs
holicXXXX season 2
tenjho tenge OVA/ movie
stratos 4 advanced
the other negima series
ect ect ect ect

you get the idea

and some classics would be nice * im getting card captor *

Joshawott said:
I really want Bunny Drop...but I don't have £45 spare T_T
This is why I prioritise LE releases. You just don't know how long these series from NISA and Aniplex in particular will be available for.

I am surprised that NISA won't be reprinting or re-releasing Bunny Drop or Enma, though. If the Premium Editions have sold out at the wholesale level this quickly (two months for Bunny Drop, just one for Enma), there must have been reasonably strong demand for them. Unless, of course, the print runs were reeeeeally small.

The good news is that Bunny Drop doesn't yet have a stock counter on TRSI, meaning they must have plenty of copies left. Better start saving!

If it was just Enma, I'd theorise that the reason that was disappearing was that they accidentally forgot to lock the subtitles properly (even though they'd announced they were locked). It could have been that reissuing it would have been prohibitively expensive for some reason since it's quite niche. That cannot, however, explain the other two. If small print runs are some kind of weird requirement in return for getting nicer than average releases, I'm more than happy to order early.

I already had the other two but the announcement made me irrationally run out and buy Bunny Drop even though I already have the Australian version. No doubt a standard edition will come out later after all to make me feel extra dorky :p

R

Kodansha Comics have just done some Announcements and stuff. Which Include:
-Sankarea: Undying Love
-No.6
-Vinland Saga
-Tokyo Mew Mew à la Mode (Formerly TOKYOPOP)
-Air Gear (Omnibus Editions)
-Fairy Tail (Catch-up) [One Volume a month From March 2013]
-Sailor Moon (Artbook) [Worldwide Release / Feature both New and Old Artwork]

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/ ... -a-la-mode

Also, Udon has Licenced:
-Haruhi Suzumiya Illustrations: Spring & Summer and Haruhi Suzumiya Illustrations: Autumn & Winter
-Vocaloid Hatsune Miku Character Graphics Collection: CV01 Edition, Vocaloid Kagamine Len & Rin Character Graphics Collection: CV02 Edition, and Vocaloid Megurine Luka Character Graphics Collection: CV03 Edition
-Growlanser: Art Works
-Midori Foo's Book of Pictures
-World of Warcraft tribute art book

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/ ... -art-books

Out of those, Definitely Looking forward to getting Sankarea and Vinland Saga, and also those Haruhi Artbooks from Udon...and maybe more ;)

MrLaserSharkKH said:
Kodansha Comics have just done some Announcements and stuff. Which Include:
-Sailor Moon (Artbook) [Worldwide Release / Feature both New and Old Artwork]
Oh boy! I always wanted to get my hand on one of those bad boys!

Trailer for a feature length Iron Man anime,

It's 2d this time so that's a good start, looks like it could be good. I hope it's better than the series at least.

Last edited by a moderator:
New Yen Press Manga Licences and announcements From NYCC:

-Are You Alice?
-K-On! High School and College Series
-Soul Eater Artbook
-High School of the Dead: Full Color Edition 2 (Volumes 5-7)
-Puella Magi Kazumi Magica: The Innocent Malice
-Puella Magi Oriko Magica

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/ ... on-volumes

Also, Yen Press will be releasing their Square Enix Licenced titles Digitally...Worldwide!
So from this Winter coming you will be able to get titles like Black Butler, Soul Eater & Pandora Hearts and more digitally.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/ ... -digitally

Ooh, Vinland Saga! Been waiting ages for this to finally be licensed after reading about it and how manly-awesome it sounded.

In other news Shinichiro Watanabe has revealed he is working on 2 new shows, one of which will be a "space comedy".

theirsbailiff said:
Anyway, Hayao Miyazaki's been doing some illustrations for JAL along with some kids who won an art competition or something.
I do love the half-arsed tone with which you made that announcement. Made me smile.

"Hayao Miyazaki has done... summat. I dunno. People like him, yeah? Well here, read this."

Can all news be reported like this from now on?

Lawrence said:
Joshawott said:
Tokyo Mew Mew. Yup,buying.
A la mode was bad. Very bad. Only went on two volumes for a reason.
I'm a completionist.

MrLaserSharkKH said:
New Yen Press Manga Licences and announcements From NYCC:

-Are You Alice?
-K-On! High School and College Series
-Soul Eater Artbook
-High School of the Dead: Full Color Edition 2 (Volumes 5-7)
-Puella Magi Kazumi Magica: The Innocent Malice
-Puella Magi Oriko Magica

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/ ... on-volumes

Also, Yen Press will be releasing their Square Enix Licenced titles Digitally...Worldwide!
So from this Winter coming you will be able to get titles like Black Butler, Soul Eater & Pandora Hearts and more digitally.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/ ... -digitally
YEN PRESS I LOVE YOU!
Puella Magi was one awesome thing...K-ON is another! w00t!

Back