The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Fractale DVD delayed??

Received this email from Amazon..

Hello,

Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below was changed by the supplier, and we need to provide you with a new estimated delivery date based on the new release date:

Yu Kobayashi, et al "Fractale [DvD]"
Estimated arrival date: April 17 2013

One of Amazon's aims is to provide a convenient and efficient service; in this case, we have fallen short. Please accept our sincere apologies *Yada yada yada*

Might just get the US BD set now.

MrLaserSharkKH said:
New Yen Press Manga Licences and announcements From NYCC:
Also, Yen Press will be releasing their Square Enix Licenced titles Digitally...Worldwide!
So from this Winter coming you will be able to get titles like Black Butler, Soul Eater & Pandora Hearts and more digitally.
Great! If it's one thing that's stopping me from buying more manga it's space and in this day and age, I'm happy to buy digitaly.

Joshawott said:
Watch worldwide actually mean "America and Canada".
Lemme put it this way; come next year I'm getting Soul Eater on my tablet, Yen Press better choose correctly if they want to see money from it.

Viz didn't want it for One-Piece and that's thier choice (and thier lost £300 which is probably $ludicrous), not going to be punished for region locking ******** anymore.

fabricatedlunatic said:
NISA have licensed Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko. I am rather excited by this development. Blu-ray plz.

Hmm, and with the difficult-to-remember name Ground Control to Psychoelectric Girl. I'm going to just write that on my shopping list now so I don't forget when it gets solicited ^^;

R

fabricatedlunatic said:
Have you seen the show, incidentally? It strikes me as something you'd like.

Just the opening, which I bought twice when it came out and have apparently played on my iPod over 150 times >_>;

I'm pretty sure I will like it, too. If nothing else it looks gorgeous.

R

I actually really like the title Ground Control to Psychoelectric Girl! Reminds me of this:

But yeah, this a good fit for NIS America considering they picked up Arakawa before.

In not-so-surprising news, Funi have Wolf Children. Toriko too, that's coming super quickly in January which does surprise me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, I was just thinking today how it was weird no-one had picked up Denpa Onna yet.
I'll have to add it to the list of NISA stuff I want but will never be released here...

I'm really happy about Funi getting Wolf Children as their work on Summer Wars was excellent and the Two dub actors announced to Toriko are great. Ian will definitely do a good job and after Kenichi Grelle can do whatever he wants :p

I have no interest in Denpa Onna but it does have some rather gorgeous animation by Hironori Tanaka in it. Its at 2:55 :wink:
Dunno if its a spoiler or not so its in spoiler bit. Thats a really nice looking set nevertheless.

Last edited by a moderator:
fabricatedlunatic said:
Rui said:
I'm pretty sure I will like [Denpa Onna], too. If nothing else it looks gorgeous.
And the packaging is appropriately attractive. ZOMG! Out in January, say TRSI.

The most depressing month of the year just got a bit brighter.

January is actually looking pretty good for me, and only the first weeks worth has really been announced.

31/12
Mawaru Penguindrum Collection 1
Fate Stay Night Collection 1

1/1
Mardock Scramble The Second Combustion

8/1
Denpa Onna to Seishun Otoko
Bodacious Space Pirates: Collection 1
Blood C

I suppose I'm more excited because I haven't seen everything I want to get.
Only seen a few eps of Denpa Onna and FSN, and the first episode of Penguindrum

daichi383 said:
I have no interest in Denpa Onna but it does have some rather gorgeous animation by Hironori Tanaka in it. Its at 2:55 :wink:
Dunno if its a spoiler or not so its in spoiler bit. Thats a really nice looking set nevertheless.
I didn't know Hironori Tanaka but there definitely is some great animation in Denpa Onna.

No interest, though? How can anyone have no interest in this? (Hottest 40 year-old in anime on the right, fyi.)

Nkcwn.gif

Joshawott said:

Hmm, should those writers be running for their lives, I assume he's not going to have them shot?

But seriously, there is only so much awesome to go around before it gets diluted and becomes worthless, that 3rd film already seemed like it was on potentially dodgy ground and now they are going to do a few more seasons?

Back