The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Re: Shout! Factory to Release Gaiking Anime on DVD

Doraemon666 said:
I nearly died of excitement when i saw this headline,while it still holds my interest,i first thought it was going to be a full uncut dvd release of the classic 1976 series Gaiking but it seems it is going to be a dub only release of the series condensed into three movies.(full info in link)http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2012-10-10/shout-factory-to-release-gaiking-anime-on-dvd

Damn that was the first anime I ever watched... The nostalgia value ...

Re: Shout! Factory to Release Gaiking Anime on DVD

SunlightHeart said:
Doraemon666 said:
I nearly died of excitement when i saw this headline,while it still holds my interest,i first thought it was going to be a full uncut dvd release of the classic 1976 series Gaiking but it seems it is going to be a dub only release of the series condensed into three movies.(full info in link)http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2012-10-10/shout-factory-to-release-gaiking-anime-on-dvd

Damn that was the first anime I ever watched... The nostalgia value ...
yeah i,m still going to buy and support this release,it might spark some interest,even a release of the 2005 remake would be cool.

I suppose we have come to expect delays from Media Blasters,so just a heads up if anyone had the following pre-ordered,Ai no Kusabi:The Space Between has been delayed to March 31(2013),Gao-Gai-Gar Season 1-2 Collection has been delayed to November 27 and the one that annoyed me most is Fushigi Yugi Season 2 Collection which has been delayed to February 12(2013),I was so looking forward to getting that this month,i suppose some good news is that the Fushigi Yugi OVA Collection is released on February 26(2013).

Joshawott said:
http://www.jpopgo.co.uk/jpg/?page_id=4270
Posting the original here, as I know the folks at jpopgo

I've got to speak to Mr Itoh myself today, for quite a long time and I was transcribing his lecture which will be posted as an article here soon-ish.
And I've also got his business card, to pester him to have a Miku gig in the UK sooner rather than later =)

Perhaps, we should try the Christmas single with a Miku song. The world is mine seems awfully appropriate....

Iirc, there are DVDs/BDs of some of Hatsune Miku's other concerts aren't there? Maybe a good way to test the waters here, if bringing her over really is that expensive, is to release one of the concert DVD/BDs here and watch the critical reception and sales?

*shrugs* I'd pay to see a concert though.

Joshawott said:
Iirc, there are DVDs/BDs of some of Hatsune Miku's other concerts aren't there? Maybe a good way to test the waters here, if bringing her over really is that expensive, is to release one of the concert DVD/BDs here and watch the critical reception and sales?
Haven't the waters been tested already?

Shiroi Hane said:
Joshawott said:
Haven't the waters been tested already?
Oh yeah....

Test them again I say...or hell, localise the games maybe? Project Diva F was shown partially translated about E3 at SEGA's booth to try and gauge interest.

Back