The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

So the Sixth show streaming on AOD is confirmed to be Magi but no word as to what is going on with the post-season subscription situation cause that would be vaguely useful to know.

ConanThe3rd said:
So the Sixth show streaming on AOD is confirmed to be Magi but no word as to what is going on with the post-season subscription situation cause that would be vaguely useful to know.

For now it will remain available to those who had paid subscriptions at least until they run out - which would be the end of this season if their passes ran over.

Will clarify for Winter season onwards in due course but obviously there will be ways to access it from thereafter and this is a one-season situation.

Hope this helps :).

Andrew

Joshawott said:
EDIT:
FUNimation are releasing Panty & Stocking on blu-ray on 4th December.
I do wonder how the number of sales for this will be affected by Kadokawa forcing the Blu-ray to be delayed as it was. Guess that's why they're pimping the new extras on the front cover to try and convince people it's worth the upgrade. 6 months for the BD was a much shorter delay than I thought it would be, though I would have thought delaying the DVD would make more sense if the mandated delay was that short. Then again, I have no idea what Kadokawa are thinking anyway, for all I know it could be 6 months for Panty and Stocking and 3 years for Is This a Zombie :p

Interestingly I got an email from Funimation claiming that Deadman Wonderland would be coming to DVD and Blu-ray soon, so hopefully that'll mean early 2013 for the Blu (Unless Kadokawa thinks that it won't be safe to allow it until 2015).

Ergh, I'd be sort of annoyed at the timing of that BD if not for the reports that the picture on Blu isn't all that fantastic anyway. It's funny that after pioneering the dual format releases for so long, Funi is now getting into this pattern of releasing the DVD first then the BD a little later due to holdbacks they can't wait out (SoraOto, this, and presumably KoreZom). I'm glad I wasn't tricked by the others and waited, but it especially sucks that we now have to choose between a LE (but on DVD) or a regular edition (with a better picture). It's messing up my organisation with preorders :/

Edit: Oh, this one actually gets a BD LE too. I think I'll just ignore Funimation for a bit until they get back into a vaguely consistent pattern.

R

Rui said:
Ergh, I'd be sort of annoyed at the timing of that BD if not for the reports that the picture on Blu isn't all that fantastic anyway. It's funny that after pioneering the dual format releases for so long, Funi is now getting into this pattern of releasing the DVD first then the BD a little later due to holdbacks they can't wait out (SoraOto, this, and presumably KoreZom). I'm glad I wasn't tricked by the others and waited, but it especially sucks that we now have to choose between a LE (but on DVD) or a regular edition (with a better picture). It's messing up my organisation with preorders :/

Edit: Oh, this one actually gets a BD LE too. I think I'll just ignore Funimation for a bit until they get back into a vaguely consistent pattern.

R

Okay... now is this a confirmation from Manga Entertainment?

@velotican It's such an **** about tit way of releasing something though. But considering we screwed up the DVD release we may as well do it

Dont etch it into stone just yet...
Jerome has only just recently started tweeting again. We don't want to jinx it...

SunlightHeart said:
Nice to see TLR darkness has been picked up. I wish they'd get the OVAs as well though, it'd make the collection more complete
I know right? It's not like the original OVAs connected the first series to Motto or anything.

Shiroi Hane said:
Just Passing Through said:
Jerome has only just recently started tweeting again. We don't want to jinx it...
He only actually stopped for a day or two, he's been chipping in more and more ever since.

Yeah, but it's only been a couple of days since he 'officially' returned with this gem of a tweet...

BTW if any of u disagree with my personal tweeting here on the MangaUK account. Tough titties. >JM ;0D

Discotek have licensed Mazinger Z. The first set is due out towards the end of next year. They've also licensed the original 1973 Cutey Honey, which will be released next year.

Shiroi Hane said:
He only actually stopped for a day or two, he's been chipping in more and more ever since.

Yeah, but it's only been a couple of days since he 'officially' returned with this gem of a tweet...

BTW if any of u disagree with my personal tweeting here on the MangaUK account. Tough titties. >JM ;0D

Any other person would realise you don't use the company e-mail/fax/tweet/lettehead whatever for personal things. It's reflects badly upon the company, as does the aparant lack of action from higher up with regard to Jerome's tweeting habbits.

I'd have no problem with Manga UK letting Jerome show off in the place of offering productive customer service, but they seem to have an entitlement complex about getting my business without doing anything whatsoever to deserve it.

Joshawott said:
Discotek have licensed Mazinger Z. The first set is due out towards the end of next year. They've also licensed the original 1973 Cutey Honey, which will be released next year.

Well. That's so awesome that I am lost for words. Everything related to this announcement will be purchased as soon as preorders go up.

R

Any other person would realise you don't use the company e-mail/fax/tweet/lettehead whatever for personal things. It's reflects badly upon the company, as does the aparant lack of action from higher up with regard to Jerome's tweeting habbits.
If he wants to undo JG's (can't remember name sorry) work then so be it. It does seem to show though that he's an attention seeker or gets off on the negative comments if he feels the need to make personal tweets via Manga's Account rather than his own one.

Joshawott said:
I think i,ve died and went to anime heaven,i,m still getting over the shock of The Rose of Versailles getting licensed and now Discotek drop this amazing bombshell on us,wow happy days indeed for the old school. :D

Back