The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Cloud Strife said:
Hi Andrew, just a quick question

If AoD is successful in kicking off again, is there a possibility in the future that an app would be produced for the PS3 so you could stream your anime through the console like what you can currently do with CrunchyRoll? (with a US account ofcourse)

If it is a possibility then AoD would be an instant membership purchase for me as was CR when it was available on the PS3.

It's never off the cards - I'd love to make something like that possible but it requires a lot of hurdles to leap over! I'm definitely listening to what folks have to say though and this one is coming up a lot...

Speak soon - new simulcast announcement incoming in 4 hrs 15 mins :).

Andrew

Crunchyroll to Stream to XBox Live... Useful if you went the other way in the console wars...

I wonder if there will be a Wii app.

Crunchyroll to Launch App on Xbox Live!
App will be available in English in more than 30 territories
Joseph Luster
September 28, 2012 1:15pm BST (52 minutes ago)

Crunchyroll is getting ready to embark upon a new frontier in anime streaming, with the announcement of an app coming to Xbox Live. The app will be available in more than 30 territories when it launches.

The Crunchyroll Xbox Live app will allow premium members to watch English subtitled streams of all their favorite shows from the CR catalog. More information to come! Who's excited for the possibility of watching CR shows on Xbox Live?

-------

Joseph Luster is the Games and Web editor at Otaku USA Magazine. His blog can be found at subhumanzoids. Follow him on Twitter at @Moldilox.

I'd love Crunchyroll to do a Wii U app that allows us to stream from both the TV and the GamePad and let us swap between the two mid-stream.

Hell, a 3DS app could be cool (America has a Netflix 3DS app...)

Mardock Scramble in January makes me hopeful for a Kazé release around that time (First Compression came out shortly after the Sentai release iirc).

Good riddance to Funico and its confusing region-restricted mess. Hopefully the actual Nico Nico Douga will continue to dabble in streaming globally instead. Having the sites merged makes a lot more sense (especially as I'm a subscriber on the Japanese version already). Though the English user comments tended to just bark out spoilers and troll a lot, so I sort of hope they have a good way of handling the uh, differences in user behaviour. When I was watching the livestream of some event on the Japanese site a while ago, I was blocking so many abusive comments from English-speakers that I could hardly pay attention to the ones which weren't just hurling racist, sexist abuse at the rest of the international audience viewing.

Wincing on Manga's behalf yet again at the FMA problem, though hopefully the fact that they listened will mean I don't have to add yet another crippled release with broken subtitles to the defective discs thread later on ^^;

R

Back