The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

theirsbailiff said:
There's going to be a new Digimon game that summarizes the whole of Digimon Adventure + Movie

Namco Bandai Games revealed more information and screens for the upcoming Digimon Adventure game for the PSP on Wednesday. The game will not only recreate every episode from the 1999 television anime series, but also the 2000 film Digimon Adventure - Bokura no War Game from director Mamoru Hosoda (The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Summer Wars, Wolf Children).

Toshiko Fujita (Dragon Quest: Dai no Daibōken's Dai, Chihayafuru's Taeko) is once again playing Taichi Yagami (Tai in the English dub), and Chika Sakamoto (Fushigi Yugi's Nuriko, Heartcatch Precure!'s Kaoruko) also returns as Agumon. The director of the original anime, Hiroyuki Kakudō revealed on the game's website that the staff has gathered together not only all of the original voice actors for the eight children and their eight corresponding Digimon, but that they have also assembled the voices of characters who were in more than one episode.

The voices of Myotismon (Ryûzaburô Ôtomo), Wizardmon (Akira Ishida), Etemon (Yasunori Masutani), Puppetmon (Etsuko Kozakura), and Piedmon (Chikao Ohtsuka) are all reprising their roles, along with the narrator, Hiroaki Hirata. Kakudō is returning as the game's voice recording director, and the voice audio for the game is over 70 hours long.

Namco Bandai Games previously posted a teaser for the game in September. The game is the third phase of the 15th anniversary celebration of the Digimon franchise. Namco Bandai Games plans to release the game in 2013.

Digimon Adventure began its original broadcast in both Japan and the United States in 1999, and later spawned a sequel, Digimon Adventure 02. The most recent Digimon anime, Digimon Xros Wars: Toki o Kakeru Shōnen Hunter-tachi, ended earlier this year. Digimon Adventure - Bokura no War Game was compiled with Digimon Adventure: Born of Koromon, and Digimon: The Golden Digimentals for the Digimon: The Movie release in North America. New Video Group released the complete first season of the Digimon Adventure television anime on DVD in North America last week, and Saban Brands confirmed last month that it acquired the franchise outside Asia.

Also, it's being done by Prope IE: OG Sonic Team (IE: Phantasy Star doods).

Really, all Atlus, XSEED, NIS or whoever need to do is confirm they're translating this with as many people from the old cast as possible and I'd rip time and or space a new ******** to get it.

Oh and Manga, that new boxset from america would be a nice way of showing some competency with only half the BBFC fees.

ConanThe3rd said:
Oh and Manga, that new boxset from America would be a nice way of showing some competency with only half the BBFC fees.

Wait, why them specifically? Wouldn't they do something stupid that you're gonna get angry about and post a long diatribe about their incompetency or something like that?

theirsbailiff said:
ConanThe3rd said:
Oh and Manga, that new boxset from America would be a nice way of showing some competency with only half the BBFC fees.

Wait, why them specifically? Wouldn't they do something stupid that you're gonna get angry about and post a long diatribe about their incompetency or something like that?
I'm happy for them to surpass my expectations but for Manga my hopes are high and my expectations are sub-teranian.

Oh boy I loves me some procedural cop drama with Psychics! (could care less for the psycho lesbian angle when liberal use of pain isn't involved but I'll take that chance!)

Inb4 "A Certain Magical Index III -FINAL-" is announced...

I wonder if MangaUK will announce Index any time soon; they did say they would look into it.

ConanThe3rd said:
Dood, even Funi don't know what the heck with Index. That whole sorrid saga's been a flustercuck.
Index season 1 is out in America on 11th December.

It's DVD only, I can easily wait for a cheaper MangaUK DVD release.

Joshawott said:
Inb4 "A Certain Magical Index III -FINAL-" is announced...

I wonder if MangaUK will announce Index any time soon; they did say they would look into it.

I expect that won't happen purely because index is still ongoing novel wise(22, 27 if you count the new testament one too). As is railgun now i say that. I wonder if they will actually follow the manga more this time or if they'll end up with half the series being anime only/filler again. i think there should be enough content this time to actually work it.

reborn said:
So Amazon were right. Interesting that they specifically gave a reason for Clannad's delay (not got the masters yet) but not for Fractale. Maybe they figured it would be better to release it in 2013 to prop up their Spring schedule? Have Madman screwed up with the discs down under? Or maybe they thought the cover art was too nice and they needed time to change it.

nynwfu363474.jpg

Ian Wolf said:
Nozomi announces that it will release Osamu Tezuka's Princess Knight.
Wow first they announce The Rose of Versailles and now this,next year is going to be a gem of a year for old school fans,yeah it is a dub only release and cut but its still cool that these older shows get released in some form,i,m still very much looking forward to this release.Nozomi and Discotek both keeping the old school alive. :D

Back