The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Gah, all of my preordering is a mess with Funi's delays. At least none of the holdups are enormous.

I'll pass on dub-only Princess Knight. Always interesting to see a variety being picked up, though.

Ath, are you sure you're not Manga's official cover designer?

R

fabricatedlunatic said:
britguy said:
Damn was hoping to get the tenchi blurays before Christmas :(
You may still be able to, depending on where you shop. United Publications sometimes have Funi stuff in stock a week or two before release date.

Oooh thanks for the heads up. That's who I was planning to buy it through, so fingers crossed :)

In the US, Tiger and Bunny's first 12 episodes are set for a release on February 19th. That's on DVD or Blu-ray. I sure hope Kaze's four volume release won't end up more expensive than this two volume release.

Rui said:
Ath, are you sure you're not Manga's official cover designer?

R
You should see what I coughed up for the new Fullmetal Alchemist movie when they revised the cover art :wink:

milosquote.jpg

Mangaranga said:
Ath said:
In the US, Tiger and Bunny's first 12 episodes are set for a release on February 19th. That's on DVD or Blu-ray. I sure hope Kaze's four volume release won't end up more expensive than this two volume release.

Yes! I have not seen this series but I am getting kinda excited for it.
Even happier that I won't have to even think about touching the Kaze release.

If the UK releases mirror this I will gladly buy them

227976_10151086594398248_1943834105_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 247&type=1

Yeah, I think I'll wait for Kazé's Tiger & Bunny release. Knowing Viz Media, while they have a higher episode count per release, they'll just be discs in a case.

Regarding FUNimation, Shakugan no Shana S and The Movie being delayed annoys me, but now they're out only 2 days after my birthday. Also, I did find it odd that Shakugan no Shana S was going to be released before II.

fabricatedlunatic said:
Mad Bull is, after Denpa Onna, the anime release I'm most looking forward to. No, really. Everyone should buy a copy and sit down to watch it with their family.
Mad Bull has one of MangaUK's finest dubs, right up there with Angel Cop. "Help me, Mistah!"

Incidentally, Shintaro Ishihara has resigned as Tokyo Governor to form his own political party. Whether this is a good thing or not I can't figure out. On the plus side, he's out of his current position of power. On the minus side, if he gets the right support, he could potentially occupy an even greater position of power. This is the bloke who pushed for that Youth Health Development Ordinance Bill a while back. That's not to mention his complaining about homosexuals casually appearing on television or his declaration that the tsunami was divine punishment for Japan's "selfishness". Ugh.

Ath said:
fabricatedlunatic said:
Mad Bull is, after Denpa Onna, the anime release I'm most looking forward to. No, really. Everyone should buy a copy and sit down to watch it with their family.
Mad Bull has one of MangaUK's finest dubs, right up there with Angel Cop. "Help me, Mistah!"
I've never seen Angel Cop, sadly, but Mad Bull's dub almost reaches Cyber City levels of godliness. It's one of those that transforms an entertaining show into a ridiculously entertaining show.

Ath said:
Incidentally, Shintaro Ishihara has resigned as Tokyo Governor to form his own political party. Whether this is a good thing or not I can't figure out. On the plus side, he's out of his current position of power. On the minus side, if he gets the right support, he could potentially occupy an even greater position of power. This is the bloke who pushed for that Youth Health Development Ordinance Bill a while back. That's not to mention his complaining about homosexuals casually appearing on television or his declaration that the tsunami was divine punishment for Japan's "selfishness". Ugh.
Honestly, a hell of a lot of planets would have to align to give him that power, so I wouldn't be surprised if he spent the last of whatever little days he had left smoldering to himself in the middle of his BNP-like Groupies

Plus, the way Japan goes through PMs he wouldn't have enough time to blow his nose, nevermind cause any lasting damage.

20thCenturyBoy said:
Viz Media Europe have Licensed Magi for here, they've nabbed the merchandising rights too which makes me think they might try and push this quite hard. I'm enjoying it so far so pleased to see it get picked up.
I'm guessing KazéUK will be releasing it here then.

Also. Railgun season 2 will cover the Sisters Arc

Edit:
Kindle's iOS app has been updated to support Japanese, vertical text....and manga.

Joshawott said:
20thCenturyBoy said:
Viz Media Europe have Licensed Magi for here, they've nabbed the merchandising rights too which makes me think they might try and push this quite hard. I'm enjoying it so far so pleased to see it get picked up.
I'm guessing KazéUK will be releasing it here then.

Also. Railgun season 2 will cover the Sisters Arc

Edit:
Kindle's iOS app has been updated to support Japanese, vertical text....and manga.
So that's the Sisters arc of Index though Mikoto's eyes or is this another one?

Back