The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

britguy said:
Mangaranga said:
Ath said:
In the US, Tiger and Bunny's first 12 episodes are set for a release on February 19th. That's on DVD or Blu-ray. I sure hope Kaze's four volume release won't end up more expensive than this two volume release.

Yes! I have not seen this series but I am getting kinda excited for it.
Even happier that I won't have to even think about touching the Kaze release.

If the UK releases mirror this I will gladly buy them

227976_10151086594398248_1943834105_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 247&type=1

Whilst I admit that the magazines and digipack are nice, I don't know if i will get it. Not so much because of the earlier release or the price, but simply because I find Kaze to be fairly unpredictable based on their releases on the market so far. some Bad encodes, cutting corners when it comes to extras, and the big deal breaker for me, locked subtitles.
Whilst I appreciate that some shows can only be released in other territories with restrictions like locked subtitles (FMA:B), I see no reason for Kaze to force it on every release when the R1 equivalents do not have this annoying restriction.
Why would I want to buy an inferior product when I can import a restriction less, and sometimes all round better R1 product.

In fact if Kaze didn't sub lock their releases I would likely buy them here. Mawaru Penguindrum is an example of this.
I was considering buying the Kaze release when it was first announced, but as soon as Sentai announced they had it, I decided I would import it.
Un-Go is another example of a show I might have waited on.

ConanThe3rd said:
Joshawott said:
20thCenturyBoy said:
Viz Media Europe have Licensed Magi for here, they've nabbed the merchandising rights too which makes me think they might try and push this quite hard. I'm enjoying it so far so pleased to see it get picked up.
I'm guessing KazéUK will be releasing it here then.

Also. Railgun season 2 will cover the Sisters Arc

Edit:
Kindle's iOS app has been updated to support Japanese, vertical text....and manga.
So that's the Sisters arc of Index though Mikoto's eyes or is this another one?
I have yet to see Index so I'm not really sure (I've only been reading the Railgun manga. Waiting for Index to come out legally).

EDIT:
Kazé release months:
January:
Tiger & Bunny (before America!)
Journey to Agartha

Others, like Bleach and Bakuman, I mentioned earlier.

I already bought the US version (and received half of it)...

If they don't have the title yet that they're planning to release in this way, why don't they pick something actually new rather than something people who buy imports are likely to have already picked up? It seems strange to deliberately go for an anime with a smaller pool of available buyers, unless it got some amazing streaming numbers on AoD and they think it will sell well to the general geek crowd.

I'd have thought Steins;Gate would have gone to Kaze though (especially if it had somehow performed exceptionally on AoD).

Well, if they can somehow make it worth buying all over again with the sheer quality of this set, I'll pay attention ^^;

R

reborn said:
Not really news but Steins;Gate seems to have been a discussion on Manga's Twitter account. Jerome has been thinking of a release for Steins Gate of a full season Blu-ray set for £100. Though he tweeted that larger sets would only be considered if the price is over £80 and that at least 1,000 copies can be sold.

https://twitter.com/MangaUK/status/261562991428923393
https://twitter.com/MangaUK/status/261563814787567617
As long as they're full seasons, go nuts. Not paying that much cash for cours.

Joshawott said:
EDIT:
Kazé release months:
January:
Tiger & Bunny (before America!)
Really, the only reason we don't already have it is because of Viz's nonsense with Neon Ally, it's only right and proper that the part of viz that wants that show out get to put it out first.

And if they give us the above releases I say take my money, I'd pay some silly cash for that.

Same Rui, I have the first half of FUNimation's release of Steins;Gate. Not sure how likely I'd be to drop £100 in one go though anyway (I only get £112 a fortnight after all).

MangaUK have:
Blood C and The Last Dark
Hellsing Ultimate Parts 5-8 for DVD and BD, possibly in May. Earlier volumes will be rereleased.

Still negotiating Steins;Gate license. "Watch this space" for DBZ Kai, won't look at it until DBZ is finished. Jerome likes BTOOOM! and Bunny Drop, but no license. Andrew said Deadman Wonderland is a potential future license, but Nodame Cantabile is not.

Seems MangaUK has Hellsing Ultimate 5-8 going to BD/DVD, and are re-releasing 1-4. Thank god chaos is using the AUKN twitter account otherwise i may not have caught it(i think he's using it anyways). There was something abot Dragonball Kai as well, though he may put up a full post on it later.

EDIT: damn you joshawott, beat me to it >.>

Very Happy about the above. HU BD's & Blood-C? lovely stuff.

Sucks that they still don't have the actual license for Stein's Gate yet, hopefully its sorted soon for release next year.

EDIT: Anyone know if MVM and/or KAZE are announcing anything at MCM?

Yeah, the industry panel is tomorrow at noon. This is Manga's live podcast.

Personally, with the way the US industry is going with more sub-only releases, I wish a company here would do the same. Hopefully the Blue Exorcist experiment worked out.

Announcement for a classic movie bluray should be coming next year.

Manga have been discussing a Madoka 3movie marathon next year with Aniplex. They have also licensed Wolf Children and Cat Planet Cuties for release next year, as well as a Spanish movie called Wrinkles.

Joshawott said:
Aria: The Scarlet Ammo, Jormungund and Guilty Crown reconfirmed

When I read it on AUKN's Twitter feed they just said "Aria" rather than "Aria: The Scarlet Ammo". I'm so annoyed. I thought we were going to get the utopian sci-fi anime set on a terraformed Mars.

Just double checked and they said Aria: The Scarlet Ammo.

Although they announced some big stuff, like Wolf Children and Hellsing Ultimate, I wonder if they will announce more tomorrow?

Edit: Wolf Children will also have a theatrical screening, possibly with a retrospective of Hosoda's other films. Guilty Crown planned for April.

Source: ANN

Ian Wolf said:
Joshawott said:
Aria: The Scarlet Ammo, Jormungund and Guilty Crown reconfirmed

When I read it on AUKN's Twitter feed they just said "Aria" rather than "Aria: The Scarlet Ammo". I'm so annoyed. I thought we were going to get the utopian sci-fi anime set on a terraformed Mars.

To be fair though Aria isn't really the kind of show that Manga would release - there are no big explosions or fight scenes in it.

MangaUK have elaborated on Twitter that their Blood C license includes the series as well. Also, the Hellsing Ultimate 1-4 rerelease will, like 5-8, be on blu-ray too.

Joshawott said:
Announcement for a classic movie bluray should be coming next year.
So we've had Akira, Roujin Z and Ninja Scroll.

I imagine it wll be something from the Honneamise/Bandia Visual catalogue, possibly Patlabor or Jin-Roh especially considering they have blu-ray releases elsewhere. A nice Jin-Roh steelbook would get an automatic buy from me.

I would ideally love Tokyo Godfathers, especially as there is a JP BD coming out soon, but i doubt that is "a classic movie"

Back