The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

britguy said:
Joshawott said:
Announcement for a classic movie bluray should be coming next year.
So we've had Akira, Roujin Z and Ninja Scroll.

I imagine it wll be something from the Honneamise/Bandia Visual catalogue, possibly Patlabor or Jin-Roh especially considering they have blu-ray releases elsewhere. A nice Jin-Roh steelbook would get an automatic buy from me.

I would ideally love Tokyo Godfathers, especially as there is a JP BD coming out soon, but i doubt that is "a classic movie"
Jerome has said in the past that he would love a Ghost in the Shell steelbook (not 2.0, the original GITS).

*sigh*, it's about time we heard about Hellsing Ultimate 5-8, good to know. Now watch the new releases have different spines than the 1-4 on my shelf :)

Oh, and I might actually buy Dragon Ball Kai, I do hate skipping chapters of filler, but not so much it would make me order stuff from the states...

Anime Industry Panel licenses and news!

Kazé:
Due to being sub only, Bakuman might be DVD only. Being looked into though.
BLEACH season 10 will have 10-11 eps per volume. Feb/March for volume 1 and Spring for volume 2.
Journey to Agartha due out 28th January, with a special edition.
Home video rights for K have been picked up.
Interested in Magi.
UN-Go confirmed for 2013.
Mirai Nikki, Mawaru Penguindrum, Nura slated for 2013.
Contrary to earlier reports, Tiger & Bunny 1 is due out in February.

MangaUK:
Possible steelbook release of Blood-C
FUNimation has UK rights to Fairy Tail and the movie, so expect the newly licensed eps in the UK at some point.
Fractale is delayed so MangaUK can co-author with Siren Visual.
Fullmetal Alchemist: Conqueror of Shamballa BD delayed again due to further problems with the master (Why are they even bothering to release it?)
Hope to release Guilty Crown on DVD and BD next year.
FUNimation have the UK rights to Higurashi, but due to the parties involved, it would be difficult to license.
King of Thorn still licensed. Release hopefully next year.
Panty & Stocking on bluray might happen next year.
Redakai has been licensed for 2013 release.
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time has sold over 70,000 copies

Interested in the Unlimited Blade Works movie. No license though.
Less paranoid about sub only releases due to success of Blue Exorcist.Might look into Kara no Kyoukai, Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari.

MVM:
Broken Blade sold better than expected, but not enough to fully convince them on bluray releases.
CANAAN in March 2013
Dream Eater Merry in March 2013
Don't have bluray rights for FCLC, so might go back and look into that.
Ga-Rai-Zero in April 2013
Majikoi: Samurai Girls in 2013
Needless in January-February 2013
Shana II in April 2013 (Anime-On-Line gave this away a while ago though).

Bodacious Space Pirates, Mayoi Chiki and Kids on the Slope for 2013.
AniplexUSA have the UK rights to Kara no Kyoukai and Fate/Zero - MVM looking into Fate/Zero.

And that's it.

Source: UKAnime twitter

Some decent announcements.

Kaze: Will definitely buy Agartha Collectors Edition, Un-Go and Tiger and Bunny. The rest will be dependent on time and price

Manga: Blood steelbook and Guilty Crown will be bought. Hope Manga can get KnK

MVM: Only Ga-Rei-Zero interests me tbh.

For me, the biggest news was MangaUK's position on sub-only releases. I'd love to see shows like To Love Ru, Wandering Son and Toradora here

With Blood-C, they said they are looking into the possibility of a steelbook, do it's not confirmed yet. I doubt it's unlikely if they mentioned it though.

Kaze: Un-Go, Mawaru, Mirai Nikki & Nura are purchases for me provided they are available on blu-ray. Looking forward to Tiger & Bunny in Feb. Good to see that there is a possibility of Magi being licensed whilst K may be a decent license.

Manga: Steelbok release of Blood-C sounds very tempting. Hopefully Guilty Crown does get a Blu-ray release. Im not sure whether its really worth it for them to chase after Bakemono, Nisemono & KnK

MVM: Bit surprised that MVM might not consider doing further Blu-ray releases despite the sales of Broken Blade being better "than expected". Unfortunately i own Canaan on DVD already and would only have considered a UK version if a BD was available. Dream Eater Merry & Needless im considering importing anyway so no go there for me. Already own Ga-Rei Zero on DVD/BD combi. I cant see them getting Fate/Zero

I do wish Manga would just not bother with Conqueror of Shamballa though. Anyone who followed the 2003 anime will probably have Revelation's DVD or FUNimation's BD by now and anyone who got into FMA through Brotherhood would be well and truly confused as it's a direct continuation of the 2003 anime,

With me, UN-Go, Tiger & Bunny are definite purchases.

The MangaUK FMA curse continues :p Good to see Mirai Nikki is making it over. Guilty Crown was 2011's best comedy so I might pick it up. A blu-ray would surprising but welcome as it was very pretty if nothing else.

Shame MVM are still tentative about BDs, hopefully future experiments can convert them.

If they could get Fate/Zero on BD, I'd be extremely happy - that said, I can't say I'd expect it to happen anytime soon, if at all. I'll probably pick up CANAAN, Dream Eater Merry and Shana II though.

Hope that Manga's delay to Fractale will allow them to share costs with Siren and get a BD out over here. I'm not interested in Blood-C; it's Blood+ or nothing for me. Already got UBW, but it'd be nice to see it released in the UK.

Definitely want to pick up Mirai Nikki and Penguindrum from Kaze.

A special edition of Children Who Chase Lost Voices? Assuming there's nothing wrong with it (no way I'm pre-ordering any Kaze release), I could live with the awful name change for some of that. I'm really hoping they get their act together because of all the UK distributors, they have the most interesting line-up by far.

Pity the Broken Blade BD didn't do well enough to convince MVM that it's viable format. I remember them being pleased that the BD had more pre-orders than the DVD.

Some interesting new licenses, especially from MVM Ga-Rei Zero, Bodacious Space Pirates, Canaan and Kids On Slope. Want Shana 2, I assume the complete set will be later than april. Was really hoping all these would be BD, oh well.
From Manga and Kaze, Journey to Agatha, Wolf Children, Mirai Nikki, Guilty Crown and Penguindrum. Fractale is already preordered.
Fate/Zero :lol: Will never happen. Still no sign of K-On!! :(

K-ON! didn't sell very well for MangaUK, so it was inevitable that we wouldn't get season 2.

Also, did anyone doubt we'd be getting a release like T&B's French one? I imagine the original plan was to include the English stuff on the French release and have it out here at the same time, but Viz made them wait ages in the dub.

AnimeNewsNetwork are saying that Tiger & Bunny is out on 14th Jan now...so we have conflicting reports..

Also, the Journey to Agartha special edition will apparently include an art book.

Back