The General Conversation Area

Yeah forgot it was today, but best of luck Lemon mate

Cheers! I'll check back in this afternoon and let everyone know how it goes. It's at 1pm, I'm currently making some notes and trying to memorize them! It's my first interview in 4 years or so, since I got the job I currently have. I have a decent track record, I think I've gotten about 50% of the jobs I've interviewed for, so I'm feeling fairly confident!

Cheers! I'll check back in this afternoon and let everyone know how it goes. It's at 1pm, I'm currently making some notes and trying to memorize them! It's my first interview in 4 years or so, since I got the job I currently have. I have a decent track record, I think I've gotten about 50% of the jobs I've interviewed for, so I'm feeling fairly confident!
Good luck!

What did you make of it, dude? I was really impressed. 😯
Yeah I really liked it. A nice mix of obvious titles and some more random ones. I wish it had been bigger and able to have proper sections on the different genres though! But the history of manga stuff at the start was really cool to see.

I wish it had been bigger
Crikey, I was there for aaages as it was. 😅
So much to see! One of my favourite bits was...
IMG_20190607_194008528.jpg

IMG_20190607_194013726.jpg
... the pair of short Ghibli films synced up with each other on a loop — a filmography on the left and a behind-the-scenes on the right. The film on the right-hand screen showed details of the film that was on the left-hand screen at that time. Ingenious. 👍

Crikey, I was there for aaages as it was. 😅
So much to see! One of my favourite bits was...
... the pair of short Ghibli films synced up with each other on a loop — a filmography on the left and a behind-the-scenes on the right. The film on the right-hand screen showed details of the film that was on the left-hand screen at that time. Ingenious. 👍
Yeah that was good. I also liked the time lapse of the large sports prints being done next to the finished posters.

I guess for some stuff, like horror had one example of Junji Ito for the whole genre, I wish there had been more examples.

I saw somewhere here a while ago (on AUKN in general, maybe not this thread) mention they'd blocked specific images (like an avatar) via their browser.

Does anyone know how to do it on Safari? I've tried searching Google, but all I can find is how to disable images altogether and I don't want that. 😭

I think the interview went pretty well today! I was pretty well prepared for most of the questions they asked, and I like to think my answers were satisfactory, at least I hope. Only time I had a brain fart was when I was trying to remember/say the word compartmentalise but it just wouldn't come off my tounge and I looked like a bit of an idiot. I hope it didn't dissuade them too much.

It was me, I'm a bad person for not appreciating some people's animated avatars :)

I use uBlock Origin to do so which will automatically block most malicious scripts (and some not so malicious which you can whitelist), can be tweaked and you can choose to block specific elements. Its fairly intuitive and you're effectively blocking the browser from retrieving the image from the url specified.
I use the Chrome version but here's a link for the Safari version in the extensions gallery if it helps.

Got silver card of doom from Royal Mail. Goes to pay the customs charge online to tell me it’s already been collected, checks the tracking on RM to tell me it’s awaiting payment for the customs.

What’s going on!!

Back