The General Conversation Area

Aaron

Dragon Knight
I actually do have patience; I just lack the dexterity - I'm really cack-handed and I've got a touch like an elephant! ๐Ÿคฃ
I'm the same - especially with stickers! I have to get myself into some kinda sage mode state before I can even attempt to do them, otherwise I'll put them on at a wonky angle and the whole thing will be RUINED! ๐Ÿ˜–

Patient-X

Mad Scientist
Yeah, exactly! ๐Ÿ˜€
And then they file down edges of parts to change the shape, too. Like, making the "horns" sharper. ๐Ÿ˜ฏ
A guy I used to work with was an amazing model builder. He used to customise loads of the kits he built. He built a few kits for me but the best he did was a vinyl kit of Judge Death.

This was the original kit, note the legs...
halcyon-judge-death-vinyl-kit_1_89d8770ec01679871bec28ac685b384b.jpg

I had a graphic novel with Judge Death shown like this....

IMG_20190518_183818523-01.jpeg

So he built me this....

IMG_20190518_183736122-01.jpeg

Not that much of the original kit remained. The base was custom built by him too.

~AyaMachi~

Flame Haze
I have to get myself into some kinda sage mode state before I can even attempt to do them
Maybe this is why Zen is such a big thing in Japan. It's so they can build Gunpla without wanting to rip out their hair! ๐Ÿ˜… ๐Ÿ˜†

Yeah, exactly! ๐Ÿ˜€
And then they file down edges of parts to change the shape, too. Like, making the "horns" sharper. ๐Ÿ˜ฏ
I don't know if you know (you probably do because you're a knowledgable Scottish man), but the Gundam designs are apparently based on Samurai armour ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I mean, it might have been obvious to seasoned fans, but it was something I actually had to read for me to realise that. Twin buster rifles and gatling gauntlets kind of get in the way! ๐Ÿ˜…

I might just as well ask in this post, but did you get a chance to look at those links I posted in DMs of those figurines of Heero Yuy and Releena Peacecraft @Neil.T ? That's over a couple of hundred pounds per figure right there! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Last edited:

Neil.T

Railgun
I don't know if you know (you probably do because you're a knowledgable Scottish man), but the Gundam designs are apparently based on Samurai armour ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
It seems so obvious now you've told me! I really should've realised that, because the crescent on the helmet of the Gurren Lagann is very obviously based on samurai armour too. ๐Ÿ˜€

I might just as well ask in this post, but did you get a chance to look at those links I posted in DMs of those figurines of Heero Yuy and Releena Peacecraft @Neil.T ? That's over a couple of hundred pounds per figure right there! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
I did, but I didn't realise they were so expensive. Crikey Riley. ๐Ÿ˜…
๐Ÿ˜ฏ๐Ÿ’จ
*hyperventilates, being a thrifty Scot and all *
๐Ÿ˜›

They're impressive pieces, though.

#####

A guy I used to work with was an amazing model builder. He used to customise loads of the kits he built. He built a few kits for me but the best he did was a vinyl kit of Judge Death.
That is a seriously impressive bit of customisation there. That guy has some formidable talent. ๐Ÿ‘

HWR

Symphogear
AUKN Staff
Well Iโ€™ve just finished University, submitted my dissertation so now Iโ€™m done. Graduation is in July iirc.
Got the first half of my grades back for the Final Major Project (FMP) that I had to do (the six articles I posted on here and a reflective report that was a pain to write) and got a B+ which is equivalent to a 2.1. I imagine my dissertation grade will come along next month.

~AyaMachi~

Flame Haze
Got the first half of my grades back for the Final Major Project (FMP) that I had to do (the six articles I posted on here and a reflective report that was a pain to write) and got a B+ which is equivalent to a 2.1. I imagine my dissertation grade will come along next month.
Congratulations ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘

Best of luck with the dissertation grade too ๐Ÿ™‚

Reactions: HWR

Patient-X

Mad Scientist
Is a 2.1 good? I've got 7.1 and that sounds great ๐Ÿ˜œ