The General Conversation Area

They messed you about for an hour over £100, did they not expect anyone to haggle or something!? That should be a five-second job of "Meet you half way at £850" ::extend hand for handshake::

You seem to keep getting cars my mother has owned Tach! Watch the suspension on the 206 as it can't seem to take much abuse - Don't be surprised if the bloody ECU just up and dies on you one day either, I've known two 206's that's happened to. As for power steering... Remember, Natsumi says power steering is steering that requires power!

pvr0.jpg

Well they did get a piece of my mind and a choice ending to the conversation "you need to sort yourselves out, you clearly don't have a clue how cars work or even how to sell them" to which the daughter was abit taken aback but to be fair to the old fella who showed us the car, he said if it was his car he'd have sold it to us and not wasted our time.

Alls well in the end though :)

Thanks for the heads up, i'll take a look at the suspension and see how it goes when we do a full service on the weekend. I'm tempted to buy her some alloys rather than the steels that are on the car right now, the engine bay will need detailing and i'll be putting in hours of graft to get a mirror shine on the paint, thankfully it'll sail through an MOT next month, nothing is wrong with the car at all :)

I'm too used to my needle point accuracy when steering my ford so to drive a car with an extra 100cc's but sluggish handling... it just doesn't make sense to let that full driving experience go to waste :)

Over the last two consecutive days I have procured discarded twenty pence pieces from the floors of public spaces. Accounting for today's dough-nuts, my net expenditure over this period hence amounts only to ten pence.

Thankfully you were 200m away. my uncle found out the hardway that a house his dad bought had a ww2 bomb in the garden that randomly exploded one year and the whole streets foundations where hit by the shockwave underground, all of the houses started to slope and now nobody wants to buy the houses on that stretch of road.

Booked my holiday for Tunisia, nice 2 weeks starting the end of next month, all inclusive as always and with a beach on the doorstep of the hotel. Really looking forward to this weekend because i'll be working on my gf's car, bought it some nice black/clear lexus lights with PAS fluid, Clutch/brake fluid and needs some wd50 on the gear linkage as its making an awful sound.

But right now, i'm pretty much dead on my feet. I didn't sleep well and ended up so tired and uncomfortable that i ripped both of the stickers attached to my chest off only to let out a single tear once i realised that i'd ripped some skin and hair off too. I hate this friggin device.

Bought full leather interior for my car, some nice updates and a centre console off a mk1 focus for my Ka aswell so its abit better than just carpet around the gearstick and handbrake. I really need sleep... Dandelion and burdock don't fail me now.

I finally graduated from University a few days ago - got my 2:1 degree in Psychology so I'm happy! Now going into a MSc course for September which will inflict more pain and punishment. Will now have more time to watch my never ending backlog of classic anime. :D

neptune2venus said:
I finally graduated from University a few days ago - got my 2:1 degree in Psychology so I'm happy! Now going into a MSc course for September which will inflict more pain and punishment. Will now have more time to watch my never ending backlog of classic anime. :D

Well done on passing your course (and good luck catching up with the anime backlog).

ilmaestro said:
o_O You have any problems as a result?

None as far as I can tell, the fire engines were on the scene before the tanks went up so the damage was limited to a slightly burnt field (thankfully it's in a field without anything being grown in), and damaged houses. Most likely will probably be torn down and rebuilt.

More cautionary tales from my coin-collecting escapades:
Those traversing the Western pavement of London's Serle Street, an alleyway between the Royal Courts of Justice and Lincoln's Inn Fields, may notice a solitary pound coin before them. Do not be fooled: whilst legal tender, said coin is glued fast to the ground to constitue an expensive ruse, as I found much to my mild consternation. One can only hope that other pedestrians of a keen eye fall not for the same adhesive deceit.

Zin5ki said:
More cautionary tales from my coin-collecting escapades:
Those traversing the Western pavement of London's Serle Street, an alleyway between the Royal Courts of Justice and Lincoln's Inn Fields, may notice a solitary pound coin before them. Do not be fooled: whilst legal tender, said coin is glued fast to the ground to constitue an expensive ruse, as I found much to my mild consternation. One can only hope that other pedestrians of a keen eye fall not for the same adhesive deceit.

I picked up a receipt from an Asda self-service till yesterday which had been there 5 minutes. Ran it though the 10% website and got a voucher for £1.90 :D

Money for old rope

A 10% website, you say? Of what does the remaining ninety percent consist? (I have a similar quarrel with the American naming conventions for skimmed milk.)

Congratz Neptune, and welcome to the world of mental health haha :p

Weekend went quickly and i'm now back in work and wondering who stole the last 48 hours?!

Was a fairly good weekend, not much to report. I took my gf and my parents out for a meal on friday, got home and sat up till late drinking and laughing. Saturday is mostly a blur, i was a taxi for part of the day, fit new lexus lights and clear white LED's to my gf's new car; washed, waxed & polished my car, her car and her mums car. Moved stuff round in the garden and then more beers.

This month is flying by, i've got a week till payday with alot of money still in the bank :) holidays paid for, everythings sorted out and new clothes have been bought. Just waiting for my new leather car seats to appear and i'll be a happy little chap.

Went biking Saturday just gone... It was fun, fast and a bit painful...
1006208_188038168031603_927356383_n.jpg

Some of the damage, i'm more stiff than anything. Riding downhill trails on this is OP.
321498_157838797718207_331347917_n.jpg

Back