The General Conversation Area

GolGotha said:
I just won a copy of Kids on the Slope, which has been signed by Wantanabe.

Totally forgot I had entered that haha!

That's amazing!

Has anyone elses Friday flown for them?

Mental :)

Having a quick drink after work in the Aperol Spritz tent/bar/thingy they've popped up by work (we already have two amazing pop up bars here but this one's by the big screen) as I've been dying to try it since I left Italy and never bothered trying it! I'm so naughty.
My little brother turns 13 on Sunday so tonight we're having two 18 inch pizzas between 4 of us and tomorrow, it's meant to be mini golf and then a meal, he's feeling a bit down and out atm though so we may not end up doing anything for him if he doesnt want to.

I woke up, played some Game & Wario with my little brother. Looked at the clock, it was 6pm. I thought it was noon.

Also, this discussion literally happened between me and a female friend today:

Female Friend: *Sends me a link to a Reddit post of some idiot guy ranting about the friendzone*
Me: That guy is a total dickwad. Some of the other posts in that forum [Men's Rights] have valid points though, like this one [Link to a case where a male kid who was raped was ordered to pay child support for the kid]
Female Friend: I think I should stop talking to you now...

What?.

Also, there's apparently even a term for "people who identify as the gender they are born as" - CIS. Is that term even needed?

Lawrence said:
Why would you want a doll when you could have a figma for £30?
I already have a figma of Sayaka and a little figure a friend got me. I want more Sayaka.

GolGotha said:
I just won a copy of Kids on the Slope, which has been signed by Wantanabe.

Totally forgot I had entered that haha!
Congratulations!

Joshawott said:

Female Friend: *Sends me a link to a Reddit post of some idiot guy ranting about the friendzone*
Me: That guy is a total dickwad. Some of the other posts in that forum [Men's Rights] have valid points though, like this one [Link to a case where a male kid who was raped was ordered to pay child support for the kid]

What?.

Also, there's apparently even a term for "people who identify as the gender they are born as" - CIS. Is that term even needed?
Looks like somebody forgot to check their privilege. Seriously though, don't even start down that road Josh. It's better to remain blissfully ignorant. Strive for equality in all things and try to put out of your mind the fact that not only are there white supremacists and male supremacists but black supremacists, female supremacists, transvestite supremacists, gay supremacists... It makes me despair for humanity, it really does.

Personally, if that were my friend, I'd now lay into her with some decisive arguments (but then my decision making process for who to associate with is fast becoming the mental and emotional equivalent of Para training).

Joshawott said:
I know you're not "really" asking that question, but are you really asking that question? How would you propose having an academic discussion about the subject of gender identity without terms such as that?

ilmaestro said:
Joshawott said:
I know you're not "really" asking that question, but are you really asking that question? How would you propose having an academic discussion about the subject of gender identity without terms such as that?
Wouldn't simply "Male" and "Female" simply cover it? I mean, unless someone specifically states that they identify as another gender or whatever-billion-gender-identities-tumblr-lists, isn't it to be assumed that every male feels that they are male and every female sees themselves as female?

(Also, you say "Academic Discussions", but the only usage I've seen of it is teenage white girls on Tumblr).

ayase said:
Joshawott said:

What?.

Looks like somebody forgot to check their privilege. Seriously though, don't even start down that road Josh. It's better to remain blissfully ignorant. Strive for equality in all things and try to put out of your mind the fact that not only are there white supremacists and male supremacists but black supremacists, female supremacists, transvestite supremacists, gay supremacists... It makes me despair for humanity, it really does.

Personally, if that were my friend, I'd now lay into her with some decisive arguments (but then my decision making process for who to associate with is fast becoming the mental and emotional equivalent of Para training).
I have such little faith in humanity that I might as well deem myself a "Human Athiest". It is starting to get to the point where I'm starting to hate being a white man, simply because I am constantly shot down when I try and speak about equality - a subject which I am deeply passionate and after me having taught the laws and regulations surrounding it, as well as being an equality ambassador at college) simply because of my gender and skin colour.

It's awfully ironic 9.9

Joshawott said:
I am constantly shot down when I try and speak about equality - a subject which I am deeply passionate and after me having taught the laws and regulations surrounding it, as well as being an equality ambassador at college) simply because of my gender and skin colour.
I'm all for equality among humans, but have realised that we're obviously far too fractious to bring that to pass, so I'm also a machine supremacist. I think we should create an AI which is neutral, rational and of superior intelligence to humanity, task it with taking on the current tasks of government and the economy and subject ourselves to it's will.

If it decides the best course of action is to kill us all (and I wouldn't blame it) then fair enough.

ayase said:
Joshawott said:
I am constantly shot down when I try and speak about equality - a subject which I am deeply passionate and after me having taught the laws and regulations surrounding it, as well as being an equality ambassador at college) simply because of my gender and skin colour.
I'm all for equality among humans, but have realised that we're obviously far too fractious to bring that to pass, so I'm also a machine supremacist. I think we should create an AI which is neutral, rational and of superior intelligence to humanity, task it with taking on the current tasks of government and the economy and subject ourselves to it's will.

If it decides the best course of action is to kill us all (and I wouldn't blame it) then fair enough.
I'm down with that.

And general convo returns to philisophical discussion again!

Weekend was more stressful than it needed to be, On the look out for cars for the missus this week so i'm sure i'll be scouring the dealerships of anglia in search for a decent motor.

Que Ayase magnifying the benefits of a 70's car :p

Tachi said:
On the look out for cars for the missus this week so i'm sure i'll be scouring the dealerships of anglia in search for a decent motor.

Que Ayase magnifying the benefits of a 70's car :p
You're looking for an Anglia? Look like they can be pretty fun little cars with a bit of work, not a bad choice.

0gn4.jpg

Rear seats too, what more could you want from a family car? :p

Move ina, move out
Hands upa, Hands down
Backup Backup
Tell me whatya gunna do now
Keep Rollin' rollin' rollin' rollin

In a very good mood today, after payroll c*cking up my pay, they've rectified the problem and i now have just over a grand extra this month which went straight into savings :D

I can now book a holiday with the missus, continue my car upgrades and make a start on my mortgage savings :D

Off to buy a car with the other half tomorrow, i can tell this will cost me a fair bit of mileage lol

@ayase, the anglia is a beauty. I've been contacted by 2 friends now, asking to buy a old banger and bring it back to life, fully refurbish job. I can't wait :D

Tachi said:
Move ina, move out
Hands upa, Hands down
Backup Backup
Tell me whatya gunna do now
Keep Rollin' rollin' rollin' rollin

In a very good mood today, after payroll c*cking up my pay, they've rectified the problem and i now have just over a grand extra this month which went straight into savings :D

I can now book a holiday with the missus, continue my car upgrades and make a start on my mortgage savings :D

Off to buy a car with the other half tomorrow, i can tell this will cost me a fair bit of mileage lol

@ayase, the anglia is a beauty. I've been contacted by 2 friends now, asking to buy a old banger and bring it back to life, fully refurbish job. I can't wait :D

Be careful they don't come back asking for the money at some point

@Kite, Its not an overpayment. They messed up my pay entitlement whilst on sick, so they dropped my full pay to half pay after 3 months instead of dropping it after 6, so they owed me the difference, (So half pay + statutory sick pay = what I was paid at the time, so that figure minus my full wage to find the remainder of the entitlement = what I’ve just been paid) So the payments wont be pulled back because it was meant to be paid in the first place.

I have some great news, after a solid day of driving around all day Saturday from early morning till 8-9pm., using up 1/3 of my tank on travelling to and from car dealerships we managed to go see a red Peugeot 206, 85k 2002, Red for £900. After me and my dad effectively did a MOT & Service test check and realised a few things needed doing to it – we offered £800 and the guy then said “its not my car, its my daughters” to which an hour of waiting around in the heat whilst the old man spoke with his daughter and messing us around so much I was starting to lose my temper with them (something that hardly ever happens) they said “I’m sorry for wasting your time, we’ve decided to keep the car” to which point they pissed off me, my gf, my parents and sister (who all were sat in the x-trail waiting for these idiots to make their mind up) after getting back home then showering and getting changed into fresh clothes I drove the gf home. We crashed on the couch and I decided to give it one last go. Instead of autotrader I tried gumtree and we saw a silver Peugeot 206 for £1250.
Gave the guy a call and arranged to see it at 5pm, got up and went to a bbq during the day and tried not to think about the whole car thing.

Again my parents came along for the ride (or rather they drove us so I was free to drive the car) we did another MOT and Service check, test drive and everything was perfect. Full service and MOT history aswell, 53k on the clock, a 1.4 engine, 2003. After abit of banter with the guy he finally accepted £1050 and as my gf doesn’t have her own insurance, I (being fully comp) drove it for her, took it to the garage for some petrol, then back to her house and parked it on her drive, realised a few things that my dad hadn’t even noticed when he took it for the test drive. The steering fluid needs replacing or topping up because the turning was sluggish. The clutch linkage needs some serious wd40 and the paintwork was rough to touch so it needs a good wash, wax and polish. So this Friday I’ll be driving from st.albans to hatfield to pick up my cousin, then back to Luton to pick up the gf, leave my car on her drive and take her new car round to my house and start working on it first thing Saturday morning :)

Getting the 24/7 ECG monitor fitted tomorrow, i'll feel like tony stark for a month lol. Just have to link in a LED to my chest and really look the part :p

Back