The General Conversation Area

ilmaestro said:
Glad to see you got gnome safe and sound.
So punny D:

Zin5ki said:
Gracious, the position of the seat alone puts the buttocks at risk of a humble rear-wheel chafing.
It's a jump bike (basically a bigger BMX) The seat is there to basically stop a nuts-to-frame situation if i slip on my pedals :p

Other half's graduation went great yesterday, leather interior is now fitted to my car and i feel like someone womewhere out in the universe has looked at my week, realises i'm only meant to work today and tomorow and thus decided to slow down time to the point that every second that ticks by, half a second is pushed back at the same time.

I have an hour to go until i can go home. I want to just chill out at home with a beer and my feet up, failing that i'll fit daytime driving lights to the car and then take it for a spin.

For once, I was not screened out from an online OpinionPanel survey! This marks the easiest (and incidentally only) pound I have earned in the last week.

Tachi said:
Other half's graduation went great yesterday, leather interior is now fitted to my car and i feel like someone womewhere out in the universe has looked at my week, realises i'm only meant to work today and tomorow and thus decided to slow down time to the point that every second that ticks by, half a second is pushed back at the same time.

I have an hour to go until i can go home. I want to just chill out at home with a beer and my feet up, failing that i'll fit daytime driving lights to the car and then take it for a spin.
I've got a leather wheel in my car, worst thing ever in the summer. ._. What car you got like?

Ford Ka, though it's in the middle of a "facelift" I've got the following:

Collection edition bumpers (soon to be swapped out for sportka bumpers with a dedicated cold air intake from the main grill)
Full leather sportka seats
Lexus style aftermarket rear light clusters
aftermarket exhaust + tip (soon to swap the exhaust for a cherrybomb)
15" Ford ka alloys
neon blue interior trim on the centre console
aftermarket facia with a modern radio and aux input
steeringwheel cover (half leather)
Xenon lights
white LED lights on number plates
5% limo tinted windows on the back half
graphic equalizer on the rear window (ice blue bars that react to sound)
Racing stripes
aftermarket "ford ka" logo on 3rd brake light

Possibly the nicest bloke I've ever met randomly pulled up outside my house yesterday as I was working on the car and offered to give me these, sure enough he appeared this evening with halo lights for free. Result! And people say Luton is full of horrible people, it's not!

64602_10151495129102213_1808347231_n.jpg

1075747_10151495129422213_1763121637_n.jpg

This is the best news since that free pizza i kept getting years ago :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Rather have my dirty diesel 106 than a KA like ;) Wanting to move to a 1980/90 civic. Just trying to find one with the lethal B16 engine in is difficult.

Within the last five minutes, a black ground beetle (abax parallelepipedus) has flown in through my fifth-floor apartment window. The specimen has taken refuge in a crevace within the Kew Gardens T-shirt draped over my wardrobe, and has yet to appear therefrom.

You'll be surprised at the 1.3 engine in the normal ka and the 1.6 in the sport. Its nice to be underestimated by lots of boy racers on the roads, though with my car modified, more times than not people expect that it wont be crap under the hood and so dont bother to try and race.

My mate in the office has a nice honda type R, its not the new model and IIRC has a nice 2.0litre engine packing a punch.

Tachi said:
You'll be surprised at the 1.3 engine in the normal ka and the 1.6 in the sport. Its nice to be underestimated by lots of boy racers on the roads, though with my car modified, more times than not people expect that it wont be crap under the hood and so dont bother to try and race.

My mate in the office has a nice honda type R, its not the new model and IIRC has a nice 2.0litre engine packing a punch.
I'm stuck between an old civic or a VW Bora. so 1.6 DOHC Vtec vs 1.9 TurboD. Kinda difficult to decide, insurance is about the same on both, if anything a little cheaper on the Bora.

vashdaman said:
^It might become friends with the obdurate spider, if he/she (are spiders gendered?) is still alive.
The arachnid of whom you speak was last seen many moons ago, prior, I must report, to an extensive clean of its habitat. As for the arthropod of present concern, I have caught no sight of it since last night. This is in spite of me currently wearing* the shirt it chose as its initial site of respite.

Spiders are indeed gendered, though I have read that some specimens exhibit gynandromorphic charateristics. (That is to say, some spiders may be fully male on their left side, fully female on their right.)

*I have now removed the shirt. The evening sun is unforgiving.

Things I learnt today, don't send letters to the local newspaper in the early hours of the morning moaning about something as it might end up getting printed.

I stand by my words though, surface redressing* on roads is a complete waste of time and money

*surface redressing, when the council washes the road, covers the existing surface with a thin layer of tar and puts lots of stones on it, coming back the following week/month to re-paint the lines

Finally got my home server running WS 2012. And a new boot drive as the other one was dead. Now to reorganise the 3 data drives and the 2 backup drives ._.

Back