The General Conversation Area

There's a storm where I am just now. The first bit of thunder successfully woke me up and gave me the fright of my life. I've actually missed the rain, I'm not designed for hot weather :lol:

Back to work, for the first time this week!

Had D&V, not nice. But it meant that between random sprints to the bathroom i did actually manage to play hours upon hours of skyrim. Managed to glitch my save data and so i had to restart from a second save file 3 hours lost, typical that in those 3 hours i managed to find a load of booty and plunder that i now cannot remember where it was.

Payday today also signifies that august is upon us, and with it comes a busy social calander. This weekend we are fixing my gf's car and house sitting whilst her family is in liverpool. Then to a BBQ round her bosses house on the sunday followed by going to a hospital to see her idiot friend who managed to get himself paralysed freom the neck down for the rest of his life (idiot overtook on a bend whilst riding his motorbike, went head to head with a toyota and lost.... go figure)

Next weekend i have no idea what i'm doing but i know im meant to be doing something.

The weekend after that my gf and her family go off to turkey for a week, the following weekend when she returns i'm driving up to halifax with my cousin to see our grandparents, atleast having him come along will half my petrol costs.

weekend after that we are shopping and packing because the 30th we fly off to tunisia for 2 weeks.

Personally i'd like to just sleep all week and surface again about midday on a friday, alas thats not possible.... perhaps if i win the lottery i'll be able to just become a human koala bear/sloth

Ooooooh your hol together will be nice! I'm gutted I can't afford a second holiday this year with my bf. We're going to save for hopefully a nice big 4 digit costing one next year though. I want Sweden, Iceland or at a push Austria :D

OMG about her friend who's now paralysed. I can't even imagine what I'd do to just wake up one day and no longer be able to live my life as I always have. How old is he too?
I'm worried my bf would be so stupid as he already pushes it sometimes whern he goes cycling like he wore a wooly hat to keep his head warm in winter instead of a helmet as the hat wouldnt fit under the helmet and his head was cold (idiot!) and he wants to learn to drive soon so then I'll be worried of his driving!!! Gaah! lol.

I have sh*t friends. End of really. If I didn't have my mum, brother and bf I would be depressed again. In this circle of friends you basically get replaced if you aint around. So i've been replaced.
Also, my former best friend has said he can't afford giving me plus one for his wedding next year but, if he gives it to two of my other friends, I'm not turning upto his wedding. Why you ask? Because I was there for him more than those two were, I was the only one from said circle of friends who turned up for his 25th birthday, since college I have paid for drinks and been there more than anyone else up until this year and neither of the two in question have long term bf's so if they get to invite those nobody's and I'm still lucky to be with my bf then still, I'd of been in the longest relationship out of em all yet would be the only one not being able to bring there partner.
One of my long time friends she's my replacement. I'd ask her out and she'd use her sick mum as an excuse. Now she's always out with everyone else. It's her freedom to be out thats made her my replacement. Whereas I have to split time between bf, family and work aswell as friends. People suck. I really have no true friends :(

That sounds like it'll be nice :D

I'm meant to be going to america next year for a wedding, my oldest cousin is getting married, though i've been talking to my closest (both geographically and emotionally) cousin nathan, hes always been a kid brother to me and he's the one coming up to halifax with me next month.

Both of us are of the opinion that we'd rather not go. for similar reasons to you infact.... the major tipping point was a month ago when one of the youngest cousins came out and told everyone she was pregnant. So by default the father of the baby (due in feb, oldest cousins wedding in the june) will be automatically invited. However my gf, whom i plan to get engaged to next april OR next month on holiday (undecided yet) and have been together 5 years in april.... she isnt invited to the wedding.

My cousin and me agreed that as the oldest of us wont give us the time of day and general courtisy of a plus 1 for other halfs who have been together longer than those actually getting married then we will bouycot this wedding. I'm the 4th oldest (barely a month between me and the 3rd oldest) in our family there are loads of cousins and the rule of thumb has always been that the younger ones are to listen and learn from the eldest, being one of the eldest and not being given the same courtisy as one of the youngest and to boot i've been in my relationship longer than any of them really offended me.

In the end, family or friends... eventually someone will do something to annoy somebody, i think its a shame because the word fair doesn't mean anything anymore. Then again Karma is a bitch, so if i make the effort to spend thousands to get across to seattle for 3 weeks then i expect the same when i get married, something i highly doubt will happen as by that time my cousin will bring out the "shes pregnant" line and save himself a flight back to the UK, then karma will find a way to screw him over.

Being that i am the last line of my surname, something my family are very aware of (think of them like the lanisters from game of thrones, sitting with millions yet none of that matters, only the name matters to the entire family) i've been told that it would be disrespectful to decline the wedding invitation. Personally i couldnt care less. i was offended first and thats all that matters.

On the subject of my gfs mate, he turns 21 on sunday. I have little to no feeling of sorriness for his situation, he was pulled over twice the week before he crashed and didnt pay attention to the warnings. As harsh as it may be, he had it coming.

This has gone down a darker path than i expected haha.

On a nice note, im on leave tomorrow so i'll be throwing my car in for a oil change and a fanbelt replacement. Upgrading all of my lights to Xenon again (after the free halo headlights i received had 1 pin H1's not 2 pin H7s like my normal lights) and starting work on my gf's little peugeot, along with a free house this weekend i'm debating on buying some whipped cream..... if you know what i mean haha

Things I learnt today:

Never trust anybody when it comes to dealing with a simple request of "can you put this envelope in that safe", as if it goes missing the blame comes down to you.

My confidence has suffered a major blow allowing my dyspraxia to flail up again (after keeping it under control for the past few years) :(

Tachi, just tell it straight to them that if your partner, with whom you have been for longer than the two getting married and longer than the pregnant one, is not invited, then you are not interested in going, especially if they expect you to shell out so much money for their own benefit. Attending is not a responsibility in this instance, it is more akin to doing them a favour. Also, would you really care if they were at your wedding? If not, you've no reason to care to attend theirs. Think of what you could do with all the money you would save by not going. Think of it. All the money. Lots of it. Then weigh up the time you would be sacrificing, and think how you could better spend that time. Put a price on the time too if you like. Think of what you could accomplish in that time. That time and money could buy you and your partner an awesome holiday together. Think of how great that holiday would be. Would you sacrifice that holiday for the sake of doing a favour for someone who slighted you? A favour that will not be returned? If not a holiday, think of what you could do for your home? Your car?

Alternatively, you could hide your displeasure, but not book any flights, hotel, or waste any money whatsoever. Then at the last minute, have a good story that prevents you from travelling; lost passport is an easy one.

Good luck.

lol i have stood up and said if shes not invited then im not going, the grandparents of us all were shocked and abit annoyed but tbh i've spoken with nathan and we are of the agreement that the money each of us would need to spend on the flights alone would be better used elsewhere, for nath hes on about going across asia for 3 months, he travelled across NZ and australia finishing up in japanand loved it, that grand could finance him through his next adventure.

As for me, i have a mortgage deposit to be looking at, next year is the ideal year for us to get a property, and tbh i havent seen the eldest cousin in over 16 years, another few arent going to kill me, its the missing out on an opportunity to see all the family again that i'll be sorry to miss, we havent been together as anentire family in 16 years, sure i've seen the odd aunt for my dads 50th but largely my family live in america or new zealand. Never the less, the money could be used on a mortgage instead of a weedding that i'm fairly certain would never be repaid when my own wedding comes about, its a dilemma but one that i'll decide on the outcome on later this year. For now all is right with the world, i've got my finances back into gear and find myself with a car that i've poured so much time and money into that it will happily sail through MOT's and continue for a long time (touch wood) I like the phrase that was said by Jason Statham in the transporter films "if you take care of the car, the car will take care of you"

I see you've completed your dark eldar captain :p looks scorpion-like..... I like that :p

Ah, but that is no Dark Eldar, it is Phoenix Lord Karandras, of the Striking Scorpions aspect, and so is 'normal' Eldar rather than Dark. Though his predecessor did turn to the dark side. Karandras is basically the 'Naked Snake' (Metal Gear Solid 3's Snake) of the Eldar; all stealth, camo and CQC badassery. So I painted him like Cell, because I liked the pattern. :D

Haha now you mention it, i do see cell in him.... more the buglike cell before he absorbed 17 and 18 but definitely noticeable :)
I can never tell the difference between Eldar and Dark. I think dark tend to have more debauchery and spikes about them whereas normal are just abit more... bug like?

I've still got my space marines to paint and 2 razorbacks, an apothecary, a captain (calgar from black reach box?) and a chaplain. I dont know why but i'd love to completely repaint my army to white and have as many variants of apothecary as possible (perhaps i've just taken a liking to the "apothecary ready" that is said in the DoW games lol) though not skilled at much apart from healing other squad members and shining a huge VW Golf headlamp on their shoulder, they do have a badassery about them not to dissimilar to that of chaplains.

Atm i'm browsing the web for cheap copies of black library books in an attempt to find a good read for my holiday :) Its nice to come back to 40k if only to read the enormous back stories and test myself as a strategist. If only we could all get together (online) for a game of DoW, copies of the game must be dirt cheap these days lol.

When I sort my house out, paint my army and construct a gaming table, I'd be happy to host some actual tabletop games. Honestly though, that is a little while away yet. :(

21 and to be paralysed, thats so depressing :(

Can't believe you're going through the same wedding shizzle as me my dear! and yeah, providing I find out before the wedding whether those two girls have been provided with plusn one's then I will not be going as it's pure disrespect and I'll just tell him he can use my place as someone elses plus one seeing as he seems to of handed them around to everyone but me! As it stands only my married friends are going together. They've been a couple for years and married for 1 year so it's fair dos. After those two, now my friend split from her bf and my other one is on off with her gollum look alike old man, I'm now the front runner for second longest relationship in our circle.

You so have to tell me if you propose :) I can't stress how important you continuing saving for ahouse deposit is. Keep at it as I think they've reduced it to 5% deposit now haven't they? I stayed living at home until I was 22. So from the age of 19 when I started the job I'm still in, until then, I saved like a mad woman, any bonuses, pay bumps, all the excess was put straight into a house deposit and I can proudly say that I've owned by own house since I was 22 years old. In October I'll have owned it for 3 years. Tis nice :D I'm already my Mum though and I get giddy buying shizzle for the house. SAAAAAD :p

And yeah, I'm very connected to my surname. I'm "stuck" with a double barrell atm seeing as my parents never married so I have both their names. If/when I get married, I want to keep my Mums name in my surname and have the double barrell with my husbands name as I like to feel connected to my Mummy and Brother. My Mums family are massive though, we have lots of males with the family name so we'll never dwindle. I'm sure one of my relatives said there's over 100 living of us atm, I guess thats like married ones though taking on other names. Not sure though.

I'm meeting up with my friend after work for a few drinks. She's the one out of them all that I like to believe has the best intent. She's the friend I used to see like once a week who's replaced me with that girl who would use her sick Mum as an excuse but I'm hoping to get my rightful place back in time. It'll be nice to see her. She's the one I tell and trust the most with but it's not the same for her. It's never a mutual equal friendship I have with any of them.

If/when I get married though you so know all of em will be like wtf when I say I'm having no bridesmaids or maid of honour. None of them fit the bill and none of them would ever have me as one of theirs.

SO glad it's payday! This is going to be a poor month for me though. Might do two weeks of packed lunch to keep my money at a decent level :(

Tachi said:
Back to work, for the first time this week!

Had D&V, not nice. But it meant that between random sprints to the bathroom i did actually manage to play hours upon hours of skyrim. Managed to glitch my save data and so i had to restart from a second save file 3 hours lost, typical that in those 3 hours i managed to find a load of booty and plunder that i now cannot remember where it was.

I noticed you were playing Skyrim the other day Tachi, but yep it is annoying when it glitches on you and you lose progress. My save file is really glitchy since I deleted the old patch to install the new one, forgetting that I deleted the dlc too since it was with the patch data, and I saved. So when I installed the dlc again, I noticed that I still had the dlc missions completed but I had to them again lol.

I hope you are feeling better now Tachi :)

My paternal Grandparents apparently really hate that me and my brothers got our surnames changed when Mum remarried, as I think now it means that there's only one person left to carry on my old surname (one of my cousins I think). They're really passive aggressive about it - whenever they write me a cheque, it's in my old name.

In regard to weddings, one thing I really hate is how I missed my brother's wedding - especially as I was the best man. Me and Mum had to drive up to London as we were bringing some of my brother's guitar equipment, but there was a road closure with no diversion listed. I doubt my sister-in-law even bothered to stall the wedding, considering how she can be at times. We made it for the reception, but by that time, I had already been replaced as best man by my brother's room-mate and I really didn't feel up to reading out the speech I wrote.

Families suck xD.

Back