The General Conversation Area

I'VE GOT QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE TICKETS!!!

Well chuffed. Last time I tried to get some on the O2 priority presales for Lady Gaga, by the time the website stopped being slow, they were all gone. I decided not to even attempt to try for standing tickets plus standing, we know i'd be near the back anyway so I opted for seating tickets and got tier 104 row A which is a lot closer than i'd be standing plus I'll probably have a better view now! :D

Went and bought two tickets without securing a second person to go with haha. I missed out on too many gigs in the past because I have sh*t friends so I'm going regardless as I'll just sell it on ebay if when I advertise it on facebook, I get no takers.

Nice one :)

I haven't listened to QOTSA in years, I'd love to go see the kaiser chiefs and just jump around whilst shouting to their songs :p

The last band I saw was Linkin park, in a very small venue (under 200 people) for free courtesy of my gf winning 2 tickets from itunes festival haha I’d love to go see katy B but I’d probably end up being one of those lunatics running on stage to hug her haha

Apart from that I saw Sub focus back when he was touring with Pendulum in 2011 (or even 2010, its hard to remember) but that was an amazing gig, just mental day in total, me and my mate Toby went to London for a day of bar crawls and many laughs before the gig started, then when we got in it was continuous drinking and bass-filled jumping about in the centre of the room with heavy beats and huge drops :D truly amazing.

I’d like to go see NERO, Plan B, Rizzle Kicks, The Rolling Stones, Chase and Status, Example and Hadouken! But its never easy, I don’t check to see when any of them are touring so I tend to miss out.

Got home on Monday and slept from 8pm till 2pm yesterday, its safe to say that getting back into work and being thrown in the deep end had its consequences, work have gone a lot easier on me so far today, thank **** for that.

Eating a whole chocolate cake to myself for lunch, I’m about halfway through and its becoming sickly… I never thought the day would come where I’m struggling to see off a cake,

I saw Hadouken! a few years ago now. I felt SO old there as a 21/22 year old! Hahaha. That boy that girl, liquid lives, that is my era of Hadouken, nothing since then really. Same with Pendulum. Saw them when they were touring In Silico but it was Hold Your Colours that was more my time too :p

Last person I saw live was Lana Del Rey. QOTSA isnt until November but Sigur Ros are playing at the Jodrell Bank Observatory in August and I'm mighty tempted. Listen to QOTSA's new album! Or at least their song "I Appear Missing". Bloody amazing.

Thats mint you gf won those tickets! Linkin Park are on my list along with, Rammstein, Marilyn Manson, Yeah Yeah Yeahs and a pianist called Ludovico Einaudi and probably some others I cant think of right now.
Gutted I never got tickets for that Tinie Tempah tour when Katy B was supporting as I did like her a lot back at that time!

Today is the first time i've ever tried a cesar chicken pasta salad (m&s count on us range, 230 cals and 4.5 fat! :O :D). Good god I've been missing out. Cesar dressing is FIT! Having one of those ravenous days where I could just eat and eat for no reason. I had to get a brown rice mini sushi pack to eat on top of it so I'm still behaving. Wanting a snickers and some cheese right now though :( :p

Hadouken!’s first album (accelerated music for something or other lol) was a great album, now their newest album has great songs like Oxygen and Levitate are great songs, Bad signal is another amazing song you should check out.

I’ve had a huge crush on Katy B for a few years now, to me she’s just down to earth and good looking with a beautiful voice. I’d deffo keep a look out for her next tour :p

I’ll give QOTSA a listen later tonight and see what I think of that song, I’m actually in your neck of the woods soon, have a cousin who lives in knutsford who has a work placement in hemel Hempstead (literally 5minutes from where I work in St. Albans) so I’ll be up there for a long weekend to have a night out in Manchester, are there any places you’d recommend? All my cousin has said is that we need to go to sankeys (but his and my tastes are different. He likes a lot of house, trance and can listen to the same beat over and over again for half an hour and think its amazing…. I need heavy drops and proper Drum and bass or drumstep)

Also I decided to get myself back to anime, its only taken nearly 2 years but I’ve decided to seriously give it a go! I’ll be watching the remainder of Darker than black later on and then maybe ponyo 

I’m tempted to sell part of my collection when I move out and just keep the “essentials” like naruto, black lagoon, Cowboy bebop and Kino’s journey (I do have a love for ADV titles, too bad they went under :/ )

And once my pay comes through I can finally fit the new door to my car! Changing over a manual door to my electric ones will be annoying, trust me to have a spec’d out KA and not a normal one….. Need to buy my sport bumpers and then a spoiler to finish the upgrades to the look of the car. The engine bay is another story, I want to pull out the 1.3L and replace with a Sport 1.6 with Garrett Turbo and install a custom blow off valve so it sounds amazing when changing gears :p I’ll get my Audi A4 or newtype Fiesta or mondeo later this year and use that as a family car, the Ka will be my enjoyment car :p

I'm also dying for a rack of ribs, i get a great pay this month so i'll be in TGI Fridays by the end of next week, nothing beats a double glazed full rack of ribs with jack daniels sauce, mouthwatering just thinking about it.

And an indian, i'd love to go for an indian again. Usually we'd get one delivered once a week (as the gf's family are the sort to order food rather than cook for themselves... infact i dont think they even know what the cooker is!!) but you can't beat going out for a meal with family, with all the medical stuff and stress going on this year so far i think it'll be nice to celebrate normality with the missus and my parents :)

Mutsumi said:
Only bands I've seen live were Versailles, Rammstein, and Deathstars who opened for Rammstein. All were awesome.

Im terribly jealous you have seen Rammstein :(

I'm afraid you'll have to tell your cousin that Sankeys is no more Tachi! I don't mind that music (in moderation) but everyone that went there was tw*ts who popped pills all the time.

I'd suggest The Courtyard and The Garrett (both pubs) to start then either 5th Avenue (meant to be Indie but plays a bit of everything), 42s (similar), Venue (60's-90's rock, pop, etc), Factory 251 (probably this one for you as i believe its 3 floors of different music so one is bound to have the stuff you both like) then rock wise, there's a bar called Grand Central then there's Satans Hollow and sometimes Redeemer at Zoo. They're really the only rock and metal nights now. Oh there's also the Printworks. You basically get your girls who never wear a coat even in winter type (skets :p) and scally lads/casual dressed lads. Never go in the Printworks as they're mainly there. Tiger Tiger there is ok but never been for a club night.

If you happen to be floating around there July 7th time, you might catch me and a bunch of people all fancy dressed up for a mates birthday in town haha.

Watch Arriety! Makes me feel warm and fuzzy :)

Oh jeez i'd hate to live off takeaways, i'd get mega chunky! lol. The boy is a good cook so anything microwaved of oven cooked rarely enters my mouth now, maybe like once, twice a week and we make everything else from ingredients/stuff purchased that day and cook it all on the hob (I have a 5 ring now...the middle is for a wok :)).

-Danielle- said:
boy is a good cook so anything microwaved of oven cooked rarely enters my mouth now, maybe like once, twice a week

Lucky lad! Hahah ;)

Ahh, i always wanted to go to Sankeys :/ there are a few places in Luton that are like night clubs; Legends - 3 floors of music), Edge - 2 floors of completely different music (downstairs is indie and flowery music, upstairs is screamo death metal, i prefer upstairs), The Park - went from a rock bar to a wannabe disco-like place for popped collared little sh*ts and chavs. Heights, Yates's, the castle and exchange where all great nights out but haven't been out on a night out in a LONG time.

Ofcorse theres liquid, chicagos and Envy but they are our main Clubs and since chicagos increased their prices and did away with £10 entry and free drinks all night and Liquid is full of thugs, the place isn't what it was years ago.

An hour to go until i'm out of here :/ then i'll be rushing up the motorway to get back home and have a nice dominos for a tenner :p

Tachi said:
-Danielle- said:
boy is a good cook so anything microwaved of oven cooked rarely enters my mouth now, maybe like once, twice a week

Lucky lad! Hahah ;)

Cheeky! lol.

I love the double decadence from Dominos. Have to have cumberland sausage on it at all times. Other toppings are subject to change.
There's a pizza place I found by chance (menu through the door) thats a 10 min drive away and they do any 18 inch pizza for a tenner (cost £10.98 cause they delivered) and omg it was amazing and better than dominos. So thats my go to place every blue moon now :)

Hows everyone's weeks going? I think summers over here and I only got to have one bbq :(

Food markets open in town today so I might buy some corn bread as me dying to try it :)

-Danielle- said:
I'VE GOT QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE TICKETS!!!

Well chuffed. Last time I tried to get some on the O2 priority presales for Lady Gaga, by the time the website stopped being slow, they were all gone. I decided not to even attempt to try for standing tickets plus standing, we know i'd be near the back anyway so I opted for seating tickets and got tier 104 row A which is a lot closer than i'd be standing plus I'll probably have a better view now! :D

Went and bought two tickets without securing a second person to go with haha. I missed out on too many gigs in the past because I have sh*t friends so I'm going regardless as I'll just sell it on ebay if when I advertise it on facebook, I get no takers.
Congrats :)

And for the 5th time (out of 5), musicmagpie rejects cashback , and for the 5th time a claim is issued. So far 4 of the claims g have been processed as being accepted.

Makes you wonder if they reject all cashback at first, only paying up when a claim is made.

I don't get it, how would you get cashback from them in the first place? Cashback is when you pay with a debit card and opt to make a withdrawal from the till in addition to your purchase, essentially buying some money.

Cashback via websites such as Topcashback/Quidco

Websites pay them a "referral" fee and they pass part of that fee onto you, as opposed to keeping it (like search engines do)

Well after much gnashing of teeth, submissions and resubmissions and an alarming increase of the receding of my hairline, I finally have enough in my dissertation to get a masters degree. I now have a MSc in Climate Change Impacts and Sustainability. Phew! Now I've got to book my graduation.

Ath said:
Well after much gnashing of teeth, submissions and resubmissions and an alarming increase of the receding of my hairline, I finally have enough in my dissertation to get a masters degree. I now have a MSc in Climate Change Impacts and Sustainability. Phew! Now I've got to book my graduation.

Woooooo congrats! :D

I need payday asap! It's on Friday and I'll get my two double pay bank holidays included in it which is vastly needed as I owe my mum like £220 and have about £100 on my credit card bill :(

I don't even have any time off till August and that's still only the 8th and 9th :( woe with Danielle haha.

Congratz :)

I'm waiting for payday too, with £910 on the credit card, £700 to play with for a holiday, £426 on bills, joining a new gym and then i'll have to put aside £500 towards my mortgage deposit leaves me with a fair few hundred to last the month, no doubt i'll be scouring the country for more Sport bumpers and then looking for another car for my gf's 21st. Might get her something nice like a beetle, i think she'd like that.

Dying for a holiday, sure i'm still on my phased return to work but seriously i'd like to chill on a white beach somewhere with a drink in hand and a good book in the other.

Till then, theres no rest for the wicked.

I'm hoping to bad a last min deal for Sept or October in Italy again :)

My bf's dying for a car (he can't even drive yet :p), he wants a Landrover Defender (preferably a 90). I really like them too but gumtree, ebay, preloved, autotrader keep shafting us as anywhere we see one we like is miles away! It's so depressing :( at least he'll now have bags of time to save for one plus pass his driving test lol.

Yeah my outgoings equate to over £700. Thats all bills, insurance and mortgage so if it wasn't for my overtime, I'd really be screwed through July with what I owe. Eugh!

This hasn't been a terrible Monday! Sunday's are always worse for me. What about everyone else? What's worse, Sunday or Monday?

Ath said:
Sick! Well done, Sir.

Cheers guys!
-Danielle- said:
This hasn't been a terrible Monday! Sunday's are always worse for me. What about everyone else? What's worse, Sunday or Monday?
Sundays are great until it gets past 6pm and you realise that Monday's the next day. Having said that, my least favourite day of the week has always been Tuesday. By that point, I'm already waiting for the week to finish, it yet doesn't feel like I'm any closer to the weekend!

My first week night without working overtime or attending a show for about 3 months :)

I've decided to take a week off from doing overtime.

The deadline for paying for Canada is 2 months away, so all that overtime is going to pay for it.

And after spending pretty much the entire day taking minutes for various meetings I'm having an early night.

Back