The General Conversation Area

Long time off work.... (well apart from last thursday) but basically had a great time. Seems like the days of going to bed at 4am and waking up at whatever time i want are over.... BUT hell it was a good run whilst it lasted :)

Would love to say i had a restful time off, but that's never going to happen :p the royal wedding day i went round the gf's house and her dad had hired a adult sized bouncy castle. Good fun having all the men rugby tackling each other when drunk, woke up with a bad back after a kid got involved in the mahem and decided to jump and knee me in the back. So was in pain on saturday, but come sunday was alright again.

Spending about £10 for thermal paste tonight, going to have to reflow the processors of my 60gig ps3, borrowing a friends 40gig ps3 later tonight so i can put my HDD in their ps3 and backing up my save data onto my external harddrive. thus i can run a restore of the save data onto the new ps3 i have.

Got a free Dual shock 3 controller with the new ps3, good times :p

Yeah the same for me, the last time i was on a bouncy castle i must have been about 6-7 lol was a good wave of nostalgia followed byt BBQ food and beer :p

Have a nice weekend?

Sounds good, weathers been great recently So here's hoping for a heatwave summer :p Ideally heatwaves june time into july, then 12th of july till 26th it can do whatever it wants as i'll be wandering around the pyramids :p

Got a holiday booked this year?

I don't want a heatwave, I get sunstroke.
I'm off to Whitby in November for the Goth Weekend, 5th time going, I love Whitby :D

Aww, bless :p The warm sunny weather is what i live for :) so long as there's a good song on in the back ground and a sunny sky, i'll be as happy as larry.

Goth weekend? Fair enough :) i used to be a little scene kid in my teenage years, mainly for the hair (similarly to anime characters, the different hair styles where always fun to mess around with)

Ah I love the victorian gothic stuff, I'm not into the tacky stuff, I really love the long skirts and mourning outfits etc, plus I love Whitby :D
Yeah I got sunstroke so bad last year, being pale isn't great.

Kirsty said:
Ah I love the victorian gothic stuff, I'm not into the tacky stuff, I really love the long skirts and mourning outfits etc, plus I love Whitby :D
Yeah I got sunstroke so bad last year, being pale isn't great.

Different strokes for different folks :p

Never had sunstroke before, though when i'm travelling in the underground the temperature helps me feel abit dehydrated or maybe just sugar levels drop, but leaves me feeling drained and light headed.

Watched the Russel Brand interview with piers morgan on the weekend (on demand at the gf's) i always disliked him because people thought he's good looking but he's really not ant just looked a mess. Then i watched the interview, found he's actually quite funny and will cut him some slack. May even watch that Arthur film he's brought out.

Kirsty said:
I'm diabetic so getting sunstroke was not good. But I do like the warm weather, just when it isn't like super hot.

Could never handle being diabetic, having to watch what i eat for sugar content (too much or not enough) or having to inject myself as i'm scared of needles in a major way (once had to go to hospital to get my lip stitched back together and after they showed me the needle i threw up. Can't tolerate em at all lol.

Saying that, i'm looking for my 3rd tattoo in the near future :p

I've had it since I was 4 and I'm 22 now, it isn't that difficult cause I've grown up with it so..

I want a tattoo, badly, I just don't know what I want and where, what tattoo's have you got then?

Aww :/

I've got a tribal band on my left arm, it goes round but not 100% round (wanted it like that) the underside of your arm are very tender so if you ever get a tattoo round there it's more sensitive (you have been warnned lol)

On the Right Arm i have a paw print and my Dog's name below it (he passed away 5/1/11 so in respect to him the whole family got the same tattoo for him)

The tattoo's i want are: a continuation of the tribal band to span more of my arm (not a sleeve) and a scorpion above it with its tail looping up round the arm, onto the back briefly and the tip coming back onto the shoulder area near the collar. And Want the word "Family" in Kanji on the back of my neck (below the collar area) Saving my right arm for kids names.

It might sound sad, i don't mind... but in total the tattoo's will have individual and a combined meaning, the right arm devoted to those i love. The left arm more a reminder of who i am (the scorpion for start sign which marries upto my personality well) and the tribal to remind me that at times i've felt like there's no way forward.... but on the other side of that gap is more road. (a tad phillisophical) and the family in the middle of the two a constant reminder of the balance between family and independance that's gotta be upheld to keep the peace. (plus its in japanese, a tie in to the fondness i have for japan and its history/culture)

Overall i'll be happy with it, worse thing to happen would be to have the missus's name tattoo'd as i've joked that i'll get her name on one **** cheek and a "made in england" badge with a union jack flag on the other cheek :p

Well those tattoo's sound lovely, I think they should be meaningful, I wouldn't just get one done for the sake of it, which is why I'm unsure myself.

Took me years to get this far though, i'd been allowed to get a tattoo since i was 16, though i decided to put it off till i was about 18/19 to be sure of what i wanted.

There's no right or wrong way to go about getting a tattoo though, its personal. so if it has meaning then that helps you individually. though there's some that get tattoo's just to decorate themselves, nothing more. which is fine, whatever you choose to do though, i'd advise that you make sure your 100% happy with it as you'll have that tattoo till the end of days.

Back