The General Conversation Area

Overreaction much? There's nothing to stop people producing "bootleg merchandise" for their own personal use, as long as they don't try to sell it. I'm pretty sure the fact that you can paint on a mug isn't going to be a massive revelation to large scale bootleggers.

Considering we've got decision-level Japanese company execs who think Funi can rid the internet of fansubs, I'd say "over-reaction" is pretty relative. :p

ilmaestro said:
Considering we've got decision-level Japanese company execs who think Funi can rid the internet of fansubs, I'd say "over-reaction" is pretty relative. :p

but...but.. I't hinders support & profit for companies. Stop thinking un-American

Bahhhhh, So my hopes of the Tokyopop pick up of The Sacred Blacksmith being the novels turned out to be nothing more than the manga. I know i should've been expecting it, and i kinda was, but it's still disappointing to hear. I guess Light Novels don't have the market i hoped they would yet..

GUess i'll go back to working on this weird dissertation thing.

Ugh I'm so ill :( Why did this have to strike days before my Maths and Law exams - the two most important i'm sitting :(

I haven't been able to do anything all day - no revision at all. My throat is aching, my nose is stuffed, and my head is numb. I want to attempt a Maths past paper in prep. for Mondays 9am exam - but I really don't think I can even bring myself to look at it.

Why oh why!? Is this a sign I shouldn't go to Uni?!

Arbalest said:
Bahhhhh, So my hopes of the Tokyopop pick up of The Sacred Blacksmith being the novels turned out to be nothing more than the manga.
Yeah, that pretty much sucks. Manga adaptations of LNs... have there been any good ones yet? KoreZom is OK, actually, but generally I find them to be far worse than the anime equivalent.

Godot said:
Ugh I'm so ill :( Why did this have to strike days before my Maths and Law exams - the two most important i'm sitting :(

I haven't been able to do anything all day - no revision at all. My throat is aching, my nose is stuffed, and my head is numb. I want to attempt a Maths past paper in prep. for Mondays 9am exam - but I really don't think I can even bring myself to look at it.

Ahhh, bloody sucks mate, especially seeing as you have one exam in the morning, I've got an exam that day as well, but fortunately that's in the afternoon, not to rub it in or anything :)

memorium said:
Godot said:

Ahhh, bloody sucks mate, especially seeing as you have one exam in the morning, I've got an exam that day as well, but fortunately that's in the afternoon, not to rub it in or anything :)

Yeah, 9am is brutal when you consider I have to commute as well Dx With any luck it'll clear up in tim for Law on Thursday - but everyone who's had this so far has taken at least a full week off. So, it probably wont have gone.

Godot said:

The old getting ill before a big exam - had that happen to me once as well. Hope you are feeling better by Monday.

mangaman74 said:
Godot said:

The old getting ill before a big exam - had that happen to me once as well. Hope you are feeling better by Monday.

Thanks man. I just wish this didn't happen just before the exams that, essentially, decide whether I go to Uni or not. Dx

I've been fortunate enough not to have encountered such a situation before. Officially, if you sit that test you're declaring yourself fit to do so.

Fortunately, you are permitted to request special consideration prior to sitting the exam. It's worth a few extra percentage points.

Tell your teachers and invigilators about the specifics of your illness as soon as you can on the day, and try to obtain a doctor's note when you're able to. Be sure to have a good account of how you fell ill — the circumstances responsible for impeded performance must be beyond your control in order to be granted consideration.

Zin5ki said:
I've been fortunate enough not to have encountered such a situation before. Officially, if you sit that test you're declaring yourself fit to do so.

Fortunately, you are permitted to request special consideration prior to sitting the exam. It's worth a few extra percentage points.

Tell your teachers and invigilators about the specifics of your illness as soon as you can on the day, and try to obtain a doctor's note when you're able to. Be sure to have a good account of how you fell ill — the circumstances responsible for impeded performance must be beyond your control in order to be granted consideration.

I'm not really sure how I got this ill though. I'll be sure to kick up a fuss pre-exam though, lol. Extra time would be welcomed in Law, if I could get that.

Stuart-says-yes said:
I though if you were ill enough not to be in school, then they let you resit the exam at another point, or base the result on your prelim.
Either way, good luck with your exams.

Lol, thing is my previous Maths Mechanics grade was an E, so basing on that gets me no where. The past papers I've been doing I'm getting B's and A's, but they're unofficial so won't count.

And resit at another point means the summer :(

Back