The General Conversation Area

Ack- Last night I did a Tachi-, just without the pizza. I've totally paid it today, though.

Lesson learned: Don't drink on an empty stomach - and avoid wine at the end of the night.

Stuart-says-yes said:
Godot said:
Ack- Last night I did a Tachi-, just without the pizza. I've totally paid it today, though.

Lesson learned: Don't drink on an empty stomach - and avoid wine at the end of the night.

Oh dear not so good, hope your feeling better now at least.

Am I wrong in guessing that the above event was the cause for the close encounter with a caution btw?

Lol, yeah I'm feeling better now.

And yep, last night was the reason for nearly getting cautioned- Spitting in the street :roll: Ah well, it was a funny night lol. Thankfully there was no trouble :)

Godot said:

Wow, i have a terminology for myself lol

By "doing a Tachi-" you mean going to the pub with mates and drinking more than probably acceptable amounts for the following day.... but handling your drink better than most and then geting free pizza? :p

Had a great weekend in northampton with the missus, went to the hungry horse up there and had a nice evening thursday night. friday we went into town and she picked out new clothes for me, some nice tops actually (all i was looking for was a plain white hoody) we went shopping in sainsburys for food over the weekend.

Made a few different dishes this weekend: Marinated chicken in nandos marinate sauce and mixed herbs, threw it in the frying pan and cooked it through, cooked chips and garlic bread in the oven, same taste and same food of nandos... just quarter of the price. then went into town and played a few hours of pool with her house mates and had a few beers before returning to the flat and stayed up till 4am watching the human centipede and joking around.

Saturday relaxed in bed all day, made the gf a bacon sandwich and we watched a few programs on the laptop before i went into the kitchen and started to cut the rump steak we'd bought from sainsburys into strips and then halved them so they where only a inch an a half long by barely a cm thick, threw them in a bowl of sunflower and olive oil, pinch of salt, thai 7 spice and mixed herbs, massaged the marinade into the meat before putting in the fridge for 30mins. (which then took over an hour because the chinese couple who are in the same halls went into the kitchen and took bloody ages cooking noodles... they take 5mins!!!!! ¬___¬ )

threw the meat in the frying pan and started to cook it, after about 15mins on high (electric cooker mark 6) before adding half a bag of stir fry veg (a quid for a big bag in saisburys, not bad really) and then soy sauce. cooked till meat was brown and cooked throughout, veg was limp and then put the egg noodles in a pan of boiling water, set the the mark upto 6 and left for 5 mins, stirring once a while. dished up after about 20-25mins cooking in total and tasted great :D afterwards had chocolate cake and custard for desert. was a good night and tasted excellent. the noodles had absorbed alittle too much water but not enough to spoil the meal.

The other half was really happy with it, she didn't have to lift a finger lol going to either cook a fry up next time, or steak, chips, peas, mushrooms and onion rings and make my own diane sauce for the steak. bloody good food made in a student halls :p

Tachi- said:
Godot said:

Wow, i have a terminology for myself lol

By "doing a Tachi-" you mean going to the pub with mates and drinking more than probably acceptable amounts for the following day.... but handling your drink better than most and then geting free pizza? :p

Yep, lol. I didn't handle the drink as well as I should of, and had no free pizza sadly though :p

As I hadn't eaten before I went out... ugh.

Good times, though xD

A true Tachi can handle 9 pints of beer on an empty stomach, man up welsh dragon!

stay away from chinese before a night out.... doesn't help at all.

Stuart-says-yes said:
I just slept for 9 hours straight, I can't remember the last time I managed to do that, feels good man. :)

lucky sod lol i'm running on 5 hours sleep.

yesterday was the longest day i've had in a long time, didn't get to sleep till half 2 monday morning, up for 7, work from 8.30 till 4.30, on call from 5.30 to 8, then straight to the gym till half 9, got back around quarter to 10, talked to the gf and sorted a laptop out over the fone for her sister, then we sat on skype till 1am both playing donkey kong 64, she went to bed at half 1 and i finally decided to stop watching the expendables and go to sleep at 2,

Funny how planning on having an early night never works out.

and gin is horrible... how anyone can drink that is completely beyond me.

Stuart-says-yes said:
I just slept for 9 hours straight, I can't remember the last time I managed to do that, feels good man. :)
Do you not feel like you missed out on some of your day, though? I always like sleeping, and then when I'm up I wish I didn't have to sleep so much.

ilmaestro said:
Stuart-says-yes said:
Do you not feel like you missed out on some of your day, though? I always like sleeping, and then when I'm up I wish I didn't have to sleep so much.

I get this too.

I slept terribly last night. I kept waking up in the middle of the night in 2 hour intervals. Then the alarms didn't go off, so I was late getting up. Thankfully I got in on time though, lol.

Godot said:
ilmaestro said:
Stuart-says-yes said:

I get this too.
I get it now as well. As long as up awake by 11ish, I'm fine. Falling asleep 11:30 and getting up at 6:30/7:30 works just fine for me too.

Not enough time in the day to do all the things i want to in my life. If only i could freeze time i'd sleep in on mornings till what would be 1pm, then restart time and its actually still only 9am.

Stop making cures for chicken pox and fund a time machine!!!

Slept from about 8pm till 7am. feeling refreshed and woke up to 12 txts from the other half :) all great ones too.

now, to listen to series 1 of ricky gervais, stephen merchant and karl pilkington talking bollocks for the next 6 and a half hours :D

Back