The General Conversation Area

Godot said:
Tachi- said:
3rd day, the cling film is off. So feeling alot more "free" than yesterday, but i might post up a pic later on.

You've had cling film on this whole time? Man, I only had to put cling film on when sleeping for the first 3-4 days. All you have to do is keep the tattoo moisturized, and just using Bepanthen will do that.

Funny enough, people were amazed at how fast mine healed too ;) No scabbing really either.

Probably best to stick to whatever your tattooist has said though?

By day 3, i mean i got it on saturday, kept it covered for 24hours, then cling filmed it at night into morning of monday, wore it during the day (didn't want to mess up my shirt) and its off today. so really it's only had 2 days of cling film but its the third day since sat.

Anyway, i do know ;) i have more than one tattoo.
Yeah the first 24-36 hours it turned from that pic on fb (which was taken less than an hour after the tat was finished) into black goo. after the first 24 hours had been up i cleaned it and clinged it up again, within 12 hours further black goo, come 48 hours its been normal, all the excess has gone and its just being coated in vaseline till maybe the weekend, should be fully healed by then.

Just dropped in to say hi :wink: Won't be around as much as I would like this month, seems the hell of last year isn't through with me just yet. I would love to say an ironic line about now but I feel as though it would just come true and screw me over even more.

Take care guys.

Tachi- said:
By day 3, i mean i got it on saturday, kept it covered for 24hours, then cling filmed it at night into morning of monday, wore it during the day (didn't want to mess up my shirt) and its off today. so really it's only had 2 days of cling film but its the third day since sat.

Anyway, i do know ;) i have more than one tattoo.
Yeah the first 24-36 hours it turned from that pic on fb (which was taken less than an hour after the tat was finished) into black goo. after the first 24 hours had been up i cleaned it and clinged it up again, within 12 hours further black goo, come 48 hours its been normal, all the excess has gone and its just being coated in vaseline till maybe the weekend, should be fully healed by then.

Yeah, I saw you have another one. Just figured maybe your tattooist was being a bit over-the-top on aftercare. Airing it is good, so keeping it moist (via bepanthen) with the cling film off is good. I guess I just didn't get a problem of it messing shirts or anything up. I did go sleeveless for the first day, though.

Btw, the "Tattoo aftercare guide" from my tattooish is infront of me, and it says;

DO NOT apply Vaseline or any petroleum based products

I dunno if the Vaseline is working for you, but personally i'd pop into your local chemist and switch over to bepanthen. Your call though man, they may just be covering their backs in this guide, I suppose.

Edit:A light googling also suggests the vaseline is bad man. It stops air getting to the tattoo which is crucial to healing. Here are a few bits;

"You must keep the Tattoo dry during showers.
Coat with Vaseline ONLY during showers so as not to allow Tattoo to get soaking wet. Wipe off after shower."

"Never use Vaseline or petroleum jelly on your new tattoo."

"Vaseline no, as it can pull out the color & leave blotches."

There's loads more too.

nah, i guess i'm just odd then. Vaseline is working fine and its what i used on my other tattoo, and that one was fine.

The tattooist i go to uses prep H (yes **** cream) on your tattoo as it works out really well for most. god only knows who told him it would work or if he thought it would work and it did or whatever but vaselines a better shout for me.

What tat did you get?

Tachi- said:
nah, i guess i'm just odd then. Vaseline is working fine and its what i used on my other tattoo, and that one was fine.

The tattooist i go to uses prep H (yes **** cream) on your tattoo as it works out really well for most. god only knows who told him it would work or if he thought it would work and it did or whatever but vaselines a better shout for me.

What tat did you get?

Go on my facebook profile, then in pictures the album entitled "Tattoo". It's quite a large reaper on my left arm. You can see it healed in the recently tagged pictures of me from last week, too. I was rockin' the sleeveless shirt/tanktop look, lol.

And fair enough man, Bepanthen is nappy-rash cream that works. If you have magic skin that vaseline doesn't keep dry though, then go for it lol.

Ah so you got it recently, which is why i wasn't aware of it. i'll have a look in a few mins.

Just been reading through the links, one of them (the first one) says that vaseline is fine so long as its not the jelly unless your showering, in which case its perfect for keeping water out.

can't remember if my other tattoo peeled at all.... can't remember if thats good or bad but my mates did and his forarm just looked weird for a few days lol,

(after seeing the tat)

How much did that set you back then??

looks like a few hours work too lol

Tachi- said:
Ah so you got it recently, which is why i wasn't aware of it. i'll have a look in a few mins.

Just been reading through the links, one of them (the first one) says that vaseline is fine so long as its not the jelly unless your showering, in which case its perfect for keeping water out.

can't remember if my other tattoo peeled at all.... can't remember if thats good or bad but my mates did and his forarm just looked weird for a few days lol,

(after seeing the tat)

How much did that set you back then??

looks like a few hours work too lol

Yeah, in my opinion it's best to just use some nappy-rash cream or something. There are alternatives to Bepanthen, I just know that in 2 weeks I only used like half a tube, applying it 4 times a day. Didn't affect my clothes in any adverse way either :)

And yeah, it was 2 hours work with no stopping. It was £100, but the guy who did it is award winning- I really wanted the design to come out well, so I was willing to pay for good work. They've gone up to £55 an hour this year though, what with the materials costing more (******* VAT increase...)

I got it back in October, a few days before the expo lol.

Some asshole quoted me 6 hours for that tattoo though. I was no way willing to go with that, lol.

lol fair enough, £100 isn't bad at all, 2 hours though... forget that lol

my first cost me alittle less than £100 because the short notice (basically didn't think to get a quote and appointment and just turned up)

Second one cost just over £50 knocked it down because its a memorial tattoo and we went as a family.

Its started to peel, looked online and yes my other one did peel but its normal so not worried. The place i go is called adrenaline, there's one tattooist who's really friendly and does a great job, hardly feel any discomfort... me and dad had a eastern block guy who wore a apron like a butcher and it felt like he was trying to saw through my shoulder and my dads leg whilst doing the tattoo.... don't think it helped him that he went over certain parts of my shoulder about 4 times to reallign the tattoo because i've rounded my shoulders by going to the gym :p

It is a dull Tuesday night. I have dined upon leftover biryani and pear cider.

Let us play an innings of internet cricket.

Code:
Zin5ki bowls a ball.

Is there a batsman to stand in the way of my imaginary projectile's path?

Zin5ki said:
Let us play an innings of internet cricket.

Ok. I'm sure if there is a format for this.

Code:
Zin5ki bowls a ball.
Aogu plays the first shot defensively to the legside and does not run.
?!¬?!

Code:
Zin5ki bowls a ball.
Aogu plays the first shot defensively to the legside and does not run.
Stuart lets out a wild scream, akin to an animal, splaying up turf at surrounding fielder's, with a *thump* the ball is caught with out touching the ground.
Aogu blinks. Salutes the stand deludedly in the manner of a batsman with a fresh century in the books. Then walks of the pitch muttering something about porcupines.

Code:
- Zin5ki bowls a ball.
- Aogu plays the first shot defensively to the legside and does not run.
- Stuart lets out a wild scream, akin to an animal, splaying up turf at surrounding fielder's, with a *thump* the ball is caught with out touching the ground.
- Aogu blinks. Salutes the stand deludedly in the manner of a batsman with a fresh century in the books. Then walks of the pitch muttering something about porcupines. 
- Stuart, walks over to the wicket and picks up the bat, ready to start the next inning's 
- Aogu strides out on to the pitch and takes up position as wikikeeper. And promtly begins to make imature noises whilst looking disgusted at Stuart. Then waits for bowler

yeah been on my new PS3 console I got for xmas and typing this through it.
It's quite nifty seeing the forum and web pages on a bigger resolution, but the virtual keyboard can slow down the typing speed so it's ok for the small post.

Have to say its amazing seeing the forum so crisp, but I'll talk to you all again when im at my lappy

Good luck godot/spy

Got home late lastnight because of a van and car crashing into each other – creating a tailback that stretched miles. Not too bothered as it was fated to happen and I just had to put up with it, but why can’t that happen one the way TO work, not home?

Got home and sat on the fone to the gf, went to the moat house for a carvery and pint with sam and leo, had a good laugh for about an hour and a half, got home at 10 and sat talking to the gf again on skype till 1.30 and watched that no normal family series that’s just started (?) anyway, watched upto episode 4 then went bed, woke up again between 4 and 5. that’s been happening for a while now… might google search what it could mean or do I take it that by natures count I’m good for 4 hours sleep before waking up again :S

Slept the whole way into work today. And one day to go before I don’t have to bother with work and get to relax again…. Roll on 4.30

Thanks for the luck guys~!

It was far better than last years attempts. I think (Read: Hope) I have found a revision method that is now suitable for me!

Now to apply this method to Law... Which will not be so easy. I need some sort of "Law question generator", as past papers are just too dense (14+11 marks, not much room for variety or definite 'right' and 'wrong' answers).

Back