The General Conversation Area

Arbalest said:
I'm not a fan of alchohol really. Everyone i know knows this. I will have a bottle of cider, as i don't mind that, but thats it. I detest spirits, don't like beer/lager, and i have a general hatred for alchohol that, although not as great as a couple years back, still lingers. Plus, i just don't see the appeal of getting drunk and such.
Getting drunk is easy modo. Besides, on the rare occasion I do get drunk, I know I'm acting stupid and feel ashamed for acting like an idiot.

Arbalest said:
I'm not a fan of alchohol really. Everyone i know knows this. I will have a bottle of cider, as i don't mind that, but thats it. I detest spirits, don't like beer/lager, and i have a general hatred for alchohol that, although not as great as a couple years back, still lingers. Plus, i just don't see the appeal of getting drunk and such.

I've gotta agree with you. I'm not a fan either, can drink cider but hate beer. I pretty much only ever drink if I'm going to some event or going out. However strangely I like red wine and port now (not white at all), no idea when that started because I never used to like any of it.

Asdrubael said:
Arbalest said:

I've gotta agree with you. I'm not a fan either, can drink cider but hate beer. I pretty much only ever drink if I'm going to some event or going out. However strangely I like red wine and port now (not white at all), no idea when that started because I never used to like any of it.
Wine is for refined gentlemen such as ourselves.

Maxon said:
...on the rare occasion I do get drunk, I know I'm acting stupid and feel ashamed for acting like an idiot.
Then you don't get drunk enough. Those feelings are supposed to come afterwards, once you're sober again.

ayase said:
Maxon said:
...on the rare occasion I do get drunk, I know I'm acting stupid and feel ashamed for acting like an idiot.
Then you don't get drunk enough. Those feelings are supposed to come afterwards, once you're sober again.
And? That doesn't change the fact drink makes you act stupid and has different emotional effects on different people.

Maxon said:
ayase said:
Maxon said:
And? That doesn't change the fact drink makes you act stupid and has different emotional effects on different people.
Did I suggest it did? :?

ayase said:
Maxon said:
ayase said:
Maxon said:

Only when you read between the letters.

Anyhow, Will, give us your number and I'll send a tezzy back. I can't very well send you a PM at the expo with me laptop, if it goes tits up from browsing for the Doujin section

ayase said:
Maxon said:
ayase said:
Maxon said:
Well I don't understand what you're getting at because it sounded like you thought otherwise.

I meant that if you get more drunk, you won't know you're acting stupid and you won't feel ashamed... I thought it was a pretty straightforward, throwaway comment, but perhaps not.

Will-O'-The-Wisp said:
chaos said:
Ok, now that's a creepy place to look for a GL Will'o!!!! And you still have the nerve to call me a perv? Seriously! =D

Actually I used her phone to send a text, you "claimed" the number ;D

And LOL, I weren't looking for a girlfriend then. I think I wanted One Piece manga and I was with friends, we randomly started talking, I got to know her and over the course of a few months, huzzah...
Sure. Text read "Hey chaos, here's my gf number - do what you will" LOL ;)
Seriously though, the text lingered at my phone and can't really remember why, I wanted to talk to you, so I called the number and to my surprise, it was her not you.

Arbalest said:
@chaos: there was funny moments, but i just wasn't given a camera to work with. I don't have one myself, so i was going to "borrow" one and take pictures with. Thankfully most conversations didn't focus on me either, one person was kinda targetted for the most part, of the group i was with.

It was kinda fast paced too, it was 9 pubs/bars we went through, so the only way i could have a drink was when we reached the final place(frankensteins) since thats where we decided to stay. I can't go through drinks like the others can, i like to enjoy a drink, not gulp it down.
That's a shame. I'd like to se pics of them after 9 pubs.

Jayme said:
iPad

It's a stupid name. Better than iSlate, though.
I'll be getting one =)

@chaos: Yeah it would've been interesting. As it was pub golf, a few of them where doing the whole, drink in so many drinks bit. One person managed to one shot every drink there was(including Guiness, which apparently is a meal in itself), so yeah, that'd be photo worthy, but there we go.

@Asdrubael: See, i've never been one to go near wine either. I've had white wine twice, but never gone near red or rosé. It wasn't bad, but its something i would much rather have with a meal than not. Again, just the one glass would do it for me.

*puts heater on* Who forgot to close the freezer door? :lol:, Morning all. Today's plan is to head to Cex and get things sorted.

After returning from the pub lastnight, having a chicken tikka masala and pint of fosters for £4.99 (genius sales plan. curry and a pint wednesdays :thumb: ) And then had another pint and a chat with sam. Walked back home and played tug of war with the dog and decided to then go start the Heat Guy J the first series boxset.....and to my horror the boxset contained the folowing discs:

1:1 - correct
3:1 - wrong

3:1 - wrong
3:2 - wrong

3:1 - correct
3:2 - correct

So i'm taking it back and getting it sorted, that cost me £15 so if they can't replace with the correct discs today then i want that £15 put on a receipt and used as store credit (and then i'll buy Bayonetta:))

On the subject of alcohol.....each to their own, when i was young i liked spirits and wouldn't go near beer. then about 5 years down the line here i am, drinking beer and enjoying it and only go back to spirits like smirnoff or WKD when i want to. If people don't understand why others feel the need to drink to have a good night.... well simply put, some people like the relaxing effects that alcohol gives them. Others get drunk because their heart broken or have bad news....so they want to get away, and others drink simply because they're able to.

Morning anyone and everyone.

How do Tachi? Just so you know, I did get your email at work yesterday but I was that busy it tokk me the rest of the day to read. lol Sorry, for not replying. I was also late replying on the PSN last night too wasn't I.
:roll:

Anywho, planning on going to see AVATAR at the Manchester I Max in a few weeks. Seen it already on yout average Joe screen but some friends fancy seeing it in all it's glory and 3D. Thought the film was great so definately looking into going.

Ah, also did I mention that I'm doing the Keswick to Barrow this year (I'll explain more laters).

Arbalest said:
@chaos: Yeah it would've been interesting. As it was pub golf, a few of them where doing the whole, drink in so many drinks bit. One person managed to one shot every drink there was(including Guiness, which apparently is a meal in itself), so yeah, that'd be photo worthy, but there we go.
No idea what pub golf is - google failed me as it returned several blocked sites :S And one shot of every drink available in a pub? Either your friend is not human, or the pubs in Scotland don't carry as much drinks as the ones around here =P

Tachi- said:
...when i was young i liked spirits ...
What are you talking about! You're still young!!!

Since i have a minute free, i'll reply quickly:

@chaos: Pub golf is basically, you get a scorecard with a select number of pubs/bars on it(in this case, it was 9) and for each pub, there is a drink allocated to it. the par, is the number of drinks you have to finish it in. so to get "par" on strongbow was 4 attempts. And it is a proper pint, not a half pint or anything. But yeah, one guy managed all 9 in one go, which was pretty crazy, but there we go.

As for pubs here not carrying as much drink as you lot, keep in mind, this IS Scotland we are talking about, not some english pub ;p

Right, time for me to run off again, later.

Wow, tis very quiet in here today. I'm still quite busy but not as busy as I have been, which is nice. Actually get the chance to catch up on things now. Later this afternoon I may even get a chapter of Spice & Wolf in if I'm lucky.
...probably jinxed myself now like. ¬_¬

Back