The General Conversation Area

lol well....the first of may is friday......and friday is the day 90% of 18-30 year olds are all out on the lash.

hmmm....how far away is stotfold from luton.......*searches google maps*

oh....rite before i forget....which pub??

Morning AUKN.

Well, it's official. Ubuntu is the greatest OS to have ever existed. I don't have to search through hundreds of internet pages or help files when I don't know how to do something, or even what it is I need to do.

It tells me what needs to be done, then nine times out of ten does it for me.

If only it could run my PC exclusive games like the Total War series Windows would be be out of my life in an instant.

Ayase: You have a PS3 for your gaming, internet browsing, video, musical and photo needs ;)

Hi mono, sorry i missed you earlier, it took me 2 hours to reply to Voddas' email :eek:

@ Tach - Yeah, I'm less bothered about PC gaming now I have a PS3 (not much good for internet browsing or playing Matroska video files though) but it's those PC exclusive titles I'd miss. Maybe I'll have a look into some of these windows emulators.

Good Afternoon people :p I would of been on earlier but i got a little addicted to Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2, in fact only reason i'm on here now is because Char is a cheating bugger.

Hmm...i have to say...i started off on consoles before i started pc gaming..and for rpg's or strategy games i turn to the pc....for the shoot em ups, driving, adventure and pretty much every other genre...the consoles can't be beaten in my opinion.

ofcorse my views might not be shared by some...but for me the borderline of console and pc is being shortened alot...i was sat ealrier pondering....as you do when your bored of the workload infront of you. i remember when the ps2 graphics looked so good that i didn't think it could get much better. then the ps3 came about. and the ps2 games i thought where graphically smooth and well done.....are now pixelated and dull. towards the end of the ps2's life...the games graphics where much better than that of the games that first came out....because over time they'd learnt how to use the ps2s graphic capabilities to its max.....using that as a theory for the future.....towards the end of the ps3's life...before a ps4 comes out....the graphics might be so pushed to their limits that the games we have now will look pixelated and rubbish. that'll be the last deviding line between pc and console....the console will continue to graphically push the boundaries....whereas a pc is used more as a functionality than a gaming station.

lol amazing what you think of when your bored huh?

Was out last friday, i'm on Amuro's & Char's final scenarios, their "Char's Counter Attack" missions, almost done with Amuro's...if i can beat Sazabi once last time. The Mobile Armour fights add an intresting touch to the battles. Kamille had to fight 6 through the course of his offical mode

@Tach - I used to far prefer PC gaming, but the speed of development with things like multi core processors and multiple graphics cards just makes it too expensive to constantly upgrade. Before a new processor every five years would keep you up to speed, now it's more like every two years - soon no doubt it will be every six months. Not to mention the ever changing motherboard architecture which means it's often not possible to upgrade without junking the whole internal contents of the computer. A console may have a finite lifespan but these seem to be getting longer. I imagine this is because with the amount of money which goes into developing them, the companies want them to last as long as possible.

It is out for PS3, Koei make more money multi-formating it :p From what you're saying though the blending of the PC and Consoles seems a logical approach considering the same is happening with other devices. I still prefer them to be seperate mind, but i guess that just makes me an OldType ;) (Ayase is probably the only one to get that but meh) On the graphics front there is a limit on what it can go up to, and we're a long long long way from hitting that, i reckon sony, microsoft and all them will have merged into one massive company before that boundiary is hit.

BlackWolf said:
I reckon sony, microsoft and all them will have merged into one massive company before that boundiary is hit.

Thats like saying....we'll let all the peado's and sex offenders become teachers in schools....it'll never happen :lol:

Btw watching the Gadget show last week...apparently towards the end of this year we'll have projectors in our fones :S
i don't even see a gain in doing that.

A Sony - Microsoft merger would truly be a vehicle for the ascension of the Antichrist.

They'd probably make a DVD player with a compulsory internet connection that forced you to pay royalties every time you wanted to watch your own discs. You would also have to buy firmware upgrades and only watch discs from your region or it would permanently stop working.

Back